Morecambe

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Bobby
----------
----------
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:38 pm

Re: Morecambe

Post by Bobby »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:02 pm
Gloucester wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:36 pm he now still holds power
What power? Not this old chestnut again.
He still hasn’t given the keys to the sweetcorn cupboard back
Gloucester
----------
----------
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:43 pm

Re: Morecambe

Post by Gloucester »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:02 pm
Gloucester wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:36 pm he now still holds power
What power? Not this old chestnut again.
I meant at the NL not at SFC.
Gloucester
----------
----------
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:43 pm

Re: Morecambe

Post by Gloucester »

Bobby wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:48 am
Gloucester wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:42 pm
Gloucester wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:37 pm
If you had been stabbed in the back by fellow board members and others then it perhaps wouldn’t be surprising if you then tried to “wreck this club”. Thankfully that wasn’t the case.
Bobby it was foretold years ago by Bob Murphy if you try and get him “ Clapham” out he’ll wreck the club!
User avatar
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:48 pm

Re: Morecambe

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Gloucester wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:30 pm
Bobby wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:48 am
Gloucester wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:42 pm
?

If you had been stabbed in the back by fellow board members and others then it perhaps wouldn’t be surprising if you then tried to “wreck this club”. Thankfully that wasn’t the case.
Bobby it was foretold years ago by Bob Murphy if you try and get him “ Clapham” out he’ll wreck the club!
Is he biding his time then because he's been gone 4 years and the clubs seems pretty healthy?
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Gloucester
----------
----------
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:43 pm

Re: Morecambe

Post by Gloucester »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:43 pm
Gloucester wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:30 pm
Bobby wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:48 am ?

If you had been stabbed in the back by fellow board members and others then it perhaps wouldn’t be surprising if you then tried to “wreck this club”. Thankfully that wasn’t the case.
Bobby it was foretold years ago by Bob Murphy if you try and get him “ Clapham” out he’ll wreck the club!
Is he biding his time then because he's been gone 4 years and the clubs seems pretty healthy?
He attempted it when he left or do you have a different view?
Bobby
----------
----------
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:38 pm

Re: Morecambe

Post by Bobby »

Gloucester wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:27 pm
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:43 pm
Gloucester wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:30 pm

Bobby it was foretold years ago by Bob Murphy if you try and get him “ Clapham” out he’ll wreck the club!
Is he biding his time then because he's been gone 4 years and the clubs seems pretty healthy?
He attempted it when he left or do you have a different view?
No he didn’t, are you living on another planet?
yellowfever
----------
----------
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:46 pm

Re: Morecambe

Post by yellowfever »

Gloucester wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:27 pm
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:43 pm
Gloucester wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:30 pm

Bobby it was foretold years ago by Bob Murphy if you try and get him “ Clapham” out he’ll wreck the club!
Is he biding his time then because he's been gone 4 years and the clubs seems pretty healthy?
He attempted it when he left or do you have a different view?
Save your energy Gloucester...not worth it..
The "Clapham Out" and the "Clapham In" camps views will, and remain entrenched for the rest of our living lives.
If people want to remain deluded at the so called wonderful job that CC did in 34 whole YEARS as a Chairman than that's their issue.
Bobby
----------
----------
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:38 pm

Re: Morecambe

Post by Bobby »

yellowfever wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:52 pm
Gloucester wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:27 pm
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:43 pm
Is he biding his time then because he's been gone 4 years and the clubs seems pretty healthy?
He attempted it when he left or do you have a different view?
Save your energy Gloucester...not worth it..
The "Clapham Out" and the "Clapham In" camps views will, and remain entrenched for the rest of our living lives.
If people want to remain deluded at the so called wonderful job that CC did in 34 whole YEARS as a Chairman than that's their issue.
You can prove anything with stats YF, so let’s go back to half way during the 34 YEARS CC was in charge and look at what happened to those clubs compared to SFC now:

2000/01
Rushden & Diamonds Bust
Yeovil Above
Dagenham & Red Above
Leigh RMI Bust
Telford United Bust
Stevenage Boro Above
Chester City Bust
Doncaster Rovers Above
Scarborough Bust
Hereford Bust
Boston Bust
Nuneaton Boro Bust
Woking Above
Dover Ath Above
Forest Green Above
Northwich Vics Bust
Hayes Below
Morecambe Above
Kettering Bust
Kingstonian Below
Hednesford Bust

So of 21 clubs SFC played that season, 11 no longer exist and 2 play below SFC’s level.

We can all be frustrated that the club didn’t progress BUT be realistic about the chance that would ever have happened.
yellowfever
----------
----------
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:46 pm

Re: Morecambe

Post by yellowfever »

Just the 17 (seventeen) years to bed us into non league life then...
You can wrap it any which way you want "Bobby", we as a football club didn't progress as it should have done.
Communication and relations with the public of Southport overall within the town -nil.

Hindsight and all that, but every day fans of Southport FC were never considered valuable enough to Mr Clapham, always a bit of an afterthought.
I believe it was always ever about him.

As I said in a previous post-when I've the time and inclination I'll list a whole bunch of significant mistakes made both by our previous long standing Chairman (of which there were many) and previous incumbents during the Football League days.
User avatar
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:48 pm

Re: Morecambe

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Gloucester wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:27 pm
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:43 pm
Gloucester wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:30 pm

Bobby it was foretold years ago by Bob Murphy if you try and get him “ Clapham” out he’ll wreck the club!
Is he biding his time then because he's been gone 4 years and the clubs seems pretty healthy?
He attempted it when he left or do you have a different view?
Well aware of the farce 4 years ago but you were suggesting he still has the power and inclination to wreck the club. Hence why I asked if he's biding his time as there's no indication he's done anything to harm it since then.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
User avatar
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:48 pm

Re: Morecambe

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

yellowfever wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:52 pm
Gloucester wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:27 pm
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:43 pm
Is he biding his time then because he's been gone 4 years and the clubs seems pretty healthy?
He attempted it when he left or do you have a different view?
Save your energy Gloucester...not worth it..
The "Clapham Out" and the "Clapham In" camps views will, and remain entrenched for the rest of our living lives.
If people want to remain deluded at the so called wonderful job that CC did in 34 whole YEARS as a Chairman than that's their issue.
If you think I've ever been in the "Clapham in" brigade you haven't been paying much attention since Port Chat started in the late 1990s.

His regime criticised me in the match day programme (before offering me my own column in it [politely declined]) and contacted my employer (who agreed my personal views were nothing to do with them).
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Four iron
----------
----------
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:39 pm

Re: Morecambe

Post by Four iron »

Whatevef you think of Charlie there was no need for all the abuse he got towards the end of his tenure.
portexileinbath
----------
----------
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:27 am

Re: Morecambe

Post by portexileinbath »

For gods sake we can all go on about what happened in the past, the if only's and what if's. What if Derby had missed the 94th min pen, a full house home replay and tv revenue. If only we had taken our chances against Tranmere a game against Spurs, yet again a full house and tv revenue. What if we had all the cash those 2 games alone would have generated, we could have bought better players and retained some of of those we had to sell, we may have got promoted, once maybe even twice, our attendance may have grown.....
The past has gone, remember it however you will. Surely it is the future we should be looking forward to not bickering over the past. Clapham has gone, consigned to, history.
Lets all try and be united fans, if you know what i mean.
yellowfever
----------
----------
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:46 pm

Re: Morecambe

Post by yellowfever »

RR-I didn't have you particularly in mind when I referred to the "deluded" fans mentioned, agreeing in part with "Gloucesters " post.I am well aware of your views of SFC and for the most part agree with near enough all of your comments on here.

Four Iron-If you looked back on the "old" Port Chat you would see me over seasons defending Mr Clapham on more than one occasion, against at times some of the vindictive bile aimed at him.I have never in the past condoned some of the personal, hateful or insulting abuse aimed at him, nor would I in the future.
This however should not be mixed up with having views of how SFC didn't progress as it should under his tenure.

Portexileinbath- By all means look forward to that bright future that we all hope for at SFC but very difficult to ignore history.
Gloucester
----------
----------
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:43 pm

Re: Morecambe

Post by Gloucester »

Bobby wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:30 pm
Gloucester wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:27 pm
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:43 pm
Is he biding his time then because he's been gone 4 years and the clubs seems pretty healthy?
He attempted it when he left or do you have a different view?
No he didn’t, are you living on another planet?
In my opinion he did, I live on planet earth like you we simply differ in are view.
Bobby
----------
----------
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:38 pm

Re: Morecambe

Post by Bobby »

Gloucester wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:49 pm
Bobby wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:30 pm
Gloucester wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:27 pm

He attempted it when he left or do you have a different view?
No he didn’t, are you living on another planet?
In my opinion he did, I live on planet earth like you we simply differ in are view.
Luckily I know you are wrong. Some of those that really tried to wreck the club are still involved.
Bobby
----------
----------
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:38 pm

Re: Morecambe

Post by Bobby »

yellowfever wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:53 am Just the 17 (seventeen) years to bed us into non league life then...
You can wrap it any which way you want "Bobby", we as a football club didn't progress as it should have done.
Communication and relations with the public of Southport overall within the town -nil.

Hindsight and all that, but every day fans of Southport FC were never considered valuable enough to Mr Clapham, always a bit of an afterthought.
I believe it was always ever about him.

As I said in a previous post-when I've the time and inclination I'll list a whole bunch of significant mistakes made both by our previous long standing Chairman (of which there were many) and previous incumbents during the Football League days.
I completely share the frustration regarding lack of progress, however the club could easily have gone the other way as do many others have, he wouldn’t have had 34 years in charge then. Since he has gone, the club has had a winding up petition served against it by HMRC, that demonstrates the other side of the possibilities.

The comment saying “nil” communication and PR with the town is rather extreme. Yes, he could have been better. However, despite all the pomp and circumstance, there wasn’t the massive increase in attendances which has predicted. That might be to the quality of the football which just seems to get worse.
Gloucester
----------
----------
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:43 pm

Re: Morecambe

Post by Gloucester »

Anyway good luck Morecambe
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:50 pm

Re: Morecambe

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Bobby wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:07 am Since he has gone, the club has had a winding up petition served against it by HMRC, that demonstrates the other side of the possibilities.
Evidence for this statement, because I can't find one on Google. I can for Southend mind....
Redrobe fan
----------
----------
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:51 am

Re: Morecambe

Post by Redrobe fan »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:13 pm
Bobby wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:07 am Since he has gone, the club has had a winding up petition served against it by HMRC, that demonstrates the other side of the possibilities.
Evidence for this statement, because I can't find one on Google. I can for Southend mind....
I do recall that there was a discussion on here about it at the time.
Post Reply