All matches off

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
YTT
----------
----------

Re: All matches off

Post by YTT »

29 of the 43 Step 2 clubs have now publicly revealed how they voted, currently stands at:
-15 in the National League North
Play on: 3
Null & void: 12
-14 in the National League South
Play on: 9
Null & void: 5
John Glendenning
Best Landlord Ever
Best Landlord Ever

Post by John Glendenning »

I think that as has already been said, perhaps in other words; there is strength in a collective and with other teams making a stand and already being targeted for potential "sanction" by the increasingly tin pot board at the head of our league, we need to break cover and publicly stand with them. If we and those other teams get kicked out, then "sh** happens" and we deal with it collectively. Personally, I believe that it probably will not come to expulsions, whether or not there are teams willing and eager to take our places. The fall out via National and local media, not to mention social media; will cause untold damage to an already discredited management committee and league competition.

We have taken a principled position together with other famous old clubs. It would undermine the recognition we have already gained for our stance if we now sit on our hands and watch others who share our view take the flack.
Gloucester
----------
----------

Post by Gloucester »

I genuinely believe this is the worst ran and lead league in the UK.
Tangled Up In Yellow
----------
----------

Post by Tangled Up In Yellow »

John Glendenning wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:56 pm I think that as has already been said, perhaps in other words; there is strength in a collective and with other teams making a stand and already being targeted for potential "sanction" by the increasingly tin pot board at the head of our league, we need to break cover and publicly stand with them. If we and those other teams get kicked out, then "sh** happens" and we deal with it collectively. Personally, I believe that it probably will not come to expulsions, whether or not there are teams willing and eager to take our places. The fall out via National and local media, not to mention social media; will cause untold damage to an already discredited management committee and league competition.

We have taken a principled position together with other famous old clubs. It would undermine the recognition we have already gained for our stance if we now sit on our hands and watch others who share our view take the flack.
Seconded.
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

YTT wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:35 pm
Roday1878 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:07 pm Arguably slightly of topic.

I’m all for transparency from SFC - which I must say at times is absolutely great to see, however a recent tweet or maybe tweets in particular the one with the wording “The gift that keeps on giving!‘’ ~ doesn’t seem particularly professional, and seems to have been shared out of frustration on the current situation. I totally get this is an incredibly uneasy situation the hierarchy at SFC are in, and by the looks of things are getting nowhere with the National League in resolving this situation but feel recent output on information should be reviewed. Just my opinion.
The league are playing hardball and it needs collective and careful thought as I actually think the League Board are on thin ice in few technical and legal points.
I would have thought they’re putting themselves in a vulnerable legal position should they push ahead with their plans for the league to continue, and somebody at a member club was to contract and die of the virus.
puskas
----------
----------

Post by puskas »

John Glendenning wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:56 pm I think that as has already been said, perhaps in other words; there is strength in a collective and with other teams making a stand and already being targeted for potential "sanction" by the increasingly tin pot board at the head of our league, we need to break cover and publicly stand with them. If we and those other teams get kicked out, then "sh** happens" and we deal with it collectively. Personally, I believe that it probably will not come to expulsions, whether or not there are teams willing and eager to take our places. The fall out via National and local media, not to mention social media; will cause untold damage to an already discredited management committee and league competition.

Agree with what you say John, but we mustn't move until we KNOW that we are acting as a group. It is clear that the League are employing a policy of isolating and taking punitive action against each club that puts it's head above the trench. We will be picked off. The timing of when we move is crucial. Strength in numbers

I do think we will and should, but it isn't a race.
From the Shores of the River Ribble
To the Banks of Fine Janes Brook
puskas
----------
----------

Post by puskas »

puskas wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:55 pm

Agree with what you say John, but we mustn't move until we KNOW that we are acting as a group. It is clear that the League are employing a policy of isolating and taking punitive action against each club that puts it's head above the trench. We will be picked off. The timing of when we move is crucial. Strength in numbers

If this went wrong we could wake up playing Scarth Hill Pettydoor Bangers in the North West Counties League in a couple of years

I do think we will and should, but it isn't a race.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Swad Deutsche Port
----------
----------

Post by Swad Deutsche Port »

Overnight frost will probably result in tomorrow’s game being called off and negate the possibility of any charge.
YTT
----------
----------

Post by YTT »

Swad Deutsche Port wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:37 am Overnight frost will probably result in tomorrow’s game being called off and negate the possibility of any charge.
The club have to confirm their intention to play or not by lunchtime today to the League Board.
YTT
----------
----------

Post by YTT »

Ste_B wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:50 pm
YTT wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:35 pm
Roday1878 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:07 pm Arguably slightly of topic.

I’m all for transparency from SFC - which I must say at times is absolutely great to see, however a recent tweet or maybe tweets in particular the one with the wording “The gift that keeps on giving!‘’ ~ doesn’t seem particularly professional, and seems to have been shared out of frustration on the current situation. I totally get this is an incredibly uneasy situation the hierarchy at SFC are in, and by the looks of things are getting nowhere with the National League in resolving this situation but feel recent output on information should be reviewed. Just my opinion.
The league are playing hardball and it needs collective and careful thought as I actually think the League Board are on thin ice in few technical and legal points.
I would have thought they’re putting themselves in a vulnerable legal position should they push ahead with their plans for the league to continue, and somebody at a member club was to contract and die of the virus.
I think they are in danger of breaching their own rules on several fronts. The loans aspect has been covered but Just Cause, if global pandemic isn't just cause i don't know what is.

The risk is primarily different for most at our level as Part Time player and not elite sports people. The testing could be overcome and provided but not in anywhere near the same capacity as higher up in the football pyramid where the players and their families are in strict bubbles (training ground, family life) and subject to twice weekly testing regimes (as are the families of Premiership players) who socially interact less in any event. Even then they have still had outbreaks.

What's equally concerning for me is that the latest science is showing a long road out of this and some measures may be in place for a considerable period of time yet. Where does that leave football at our level and the prospect of no supporters attending games?
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

Yes, it’s very ominous that they are talking about social distancing continuing for the foreseeable future. Even if we are allowed to resume with ‘crowds’ like those we had in the Autumn, income will continue to be way below what it used to be and clubs will not be able to sustain existing levels of expenditure.
Very early in this I suggested it might be like wartime, when leagues shut down and temporary regional competitions with scratch teams of guest players operated. Perhaps this is where we’re headed.
Exiled
----------
----------

Post by Exiled »

In theory our ground should be able to accommodate more than our average attendance, even with social distancing measures in place (I can't remember what the figure was in December that we were allowed). I think the main thing that kept attendances down then was the reluctance of people to go due to health concerns, particularly older supporters, as well as some fans living in Tier 4 areas. That should be alleviated a fair amount by the vaccine so I imagine that if fans are allowed in the autumn our attendances would probably be higher than we saw at the end of last year. They still might not be high enough to sustain us financially though.
puskas
----------
----------

Post by puskas »

A South section club has declared. .

https://www.hamptonfc.net/news/a-view-f ... 98738.html

A North section club who have declared they are not playing despite having a benefactor

https://spennymoortownfc.co.uk/2021/02/ ... -director/

Our neighbours at Chorley don't support ending the season, personally I do wonder if this would have been the case if they hadn't had their FA Cup money

https://www.chorleyfc.com/2021/02/08/bo ... esolution/

I think a group needs forming. United together we can survive this, but not on our own.
Last edited by puskas on Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

The point is that we would still be unable to run events in the grandstand.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Sandgrounder SE wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:46 am
Very early in this I suggested it might be like wartime, when leagues shut down and temporary regional competitions with scratch teams of guest players operated. Perhaps this is where we’re headed.
If it's not safe to play the regional league that we're already in then it's not safe to play a temporary regional competition with guest players.

Few would pay to watch streams of such a meaningless competition anyway.

You can't compare a virus with wartime.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

puskas wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:02 pm A South section club has declared. .

https://www.hamptonfc.net/news/a-view-f ... 98738.html

I think a group needs forming. United together we can survive this, but not on our own.
Absolutely...
I'd love to know if this is already in process between clubs from both National North/South clubs? Surely it
should be happening ,because facing these charges as an individual club must be pretty daunting.
Long term doesn't look particularly good either ,even for next season.As I've said numerous times, we have to get fans back into the ground to function as an on going concern.
On the previous Portchat when lockdown started back in March 2020, I said then the 2020/21 season should be scrapped and when football starts again -just concentrate on finishing the 2019/20 season.I still think that would have been better than the chaos we've ended up with now.
Exiled
----------
----------

Post by Exiled »

National League Statement | Non-Fulfilment of Fixtures

A statement from The National League:

Many things have been written regarding charges recently raised in connection for non-fulfilment of fixtures under League Rules.

It may be helpful to explain that this process is merely a mechanism for the League to deal with each of the occasions for non-fulfilment. No fines or sanctions have been raised or recommended and this will be considered at the next stage.

An Independent Panel will be appointed to hear each case and it will be at this stage the issue of “just cause” as outlined in the rule will be objectively assessed in each case based on the evidence before them.

In the interest of fairness of all parties, the cases will not be heard until such time as the outcome of the resolutions are known.

It is important that the framework in place is followed in a consistent manner in all cases and Clubs are able to make their representations appropriately and fairly.

The League will not make any comment during the process on individual cases in fairness to all Clubs but will issue the outcomes and reasons for the decisions following their conclusions.

Should Clubs remain unsatisfied with the outcome they will also all have the opportunity to appeal the decision directly to The Football Association which will be heard by a further Independent Panel in line with The FA Rules and Regulations.
sandgrounder 1965
----------
----------

Post by sandgrounder 1965 »

Could somebody please translate this statement in English for me.
Liamisdoingagreatjob
----------
----------

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

sandgrounder 1965 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:27 pm Could somebody please translate this statement in English for me.
Looks like the league stalling for time to me rather than listening to their clubs and sorting a solution. I wonder how much mark ives earns?