All matches off

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
YTT
----------
----------

Re: All matches off

Post by YTT »

sandgrounder 1965 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:27 pm Could somebody please translate this statement in English for me.
Yes following the rules to the letter and reserving their position subject to the outcome of the voting and decision on the season. Alternatively PR spin after such a negative reaction. We may or we may not take action and apply sanctions.

See Maidstone United have just announced they have furloughed all contracted players and staff. If they continue to play will be with non contract players etc.
GeorgeCarrExcavation
----------
----------

Post by GeorgeCarrExcavation »

sandgrounder 1965 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:27 pm Could somebody please translate this statement in English for me.
We have splinters in our asses from sitting on the fence.
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

I see a few clubs have already got around the potential sanctions by having an early pitch inspection and calling off the games early.
I expect an announcement at 9am from the club to say following a pitch inspection by a local referee, the pitch is frozen and based on a forecast will not be fit for 3pm.
Even though Kettering have stated they will not play any more fixtures until grants are approved
Liamisdoingagreatjob
----------
----------

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

Paulisi wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:52 pm I see a few clubs have already got around the potential sanctions by having an early pitch inspection and calling off the games early.
I expect an announcement at 9am from the club to say following a pitch inspection by a local referee, the pitch is frozen and based on a forecast will not be fit for 3pm.
Even though Kettering have stated they will not play any more fixtures until grants are approved
I get why that’s a good solution for individual clubs on a game by game basis but it does seem to leave those who’ve taken a firm stance more vulnerable, which to me is unjust and not using the collective power fully. Also seems to prolong the ultimate showdown rather than force the issue to be dealt with now...
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

BBC Weather forecasts a 0c degree temperature for Saturday afternoon, with it feeling like -7 degrees
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

It's always difficult to work out what someone is saying if their head is burried in sand :D
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

According to what I have just read on the BBC Football page our match & Gloucester' s are still on, any confirmation on this?
Stratford Excile
----------
----------

Post by Stratford Excile »

Kettering match officially off.
Liamisdoingagreatjob
----------
----------

Stratford Excile wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:09 am Kettering match officially off.
With a byproduct that players, volunteers and others stay safe and both teams don’t waste money they don’t have or don’t want to owe ...good news...
Stick your threats of sanctions where the sun don’t shine National league North...
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

Stratford Excile wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:09 am Kettering match officially off.
Thanks Aldi here we come! :(
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

We've all said for years about people involved who run these leagues not being in touch with what's happening at grass roots-well for me here is your proof...There's no empathy or indeed sympathy with clubs-just a hard fast "these are the rules" take it or leave it attitude which stinks.
All the work that Southport FC has put in during the first lockdown from March 2020-the regular up dates all through those Summer months from Darren Wildman to supporters and the Community.The incredible work put in by James Tedford and volunteers when football was announced to return with all the protocol involved. The first club to actually get fans back in a stadium.The pro longed not normal "pre season" for Liam and Jon in getting a squad ready to go-and this as part time set up.

Now for all that, the club is now being treated like a pyriah.

That time for a re structure of the game is now.

Will it happen?....
puskas
----------
----------

Post by puskas »

yellowfever wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:18 am We've all said for years about people involved who run these leagues not being in touch with what's happening at grass roots-well for me here is your proof...There's no empathy or indeed sympathy with clubs-just a hard fast "these are the rules" take it or leave it attitude which stinks.
All the work that Southport FC has put in during the first lockdown from March 2020-the regular up dates all through those Summer months from Darren Wildman to supporters and the Community.The incredible work put in by James Tedford and volunteers when football was announced to return with all the protocol involved. The first club to actually get fans back in a stadium.The pro longed not normal "pre season" for Liam and Jon in getting a squad ready to go-and this as part time set up.

Will it happen?....
I do think that one thing that maybe should be considered is getting a group of clubs to support an opponent to one of the main league officials at the AGM. . It might just make the league committee have a think.
From the Shores of the River Ribble
To the Banks of Fine Janes Brook
Sam
----------
----------

Post by Sam »

Secretary of witton Albion finds it funny. Professional.
Liamisdoingagreatjob
----------
----------

puskas wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:29 am
yellowfever wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:18 am We've all said for years about people involved who run these leagues not being in touch with what's happening at grass roots-well for me here is your proof...There's no empathy or indeed sympathy with clubs-just a hard fast "these are the rules" take it or leave it attitude which stinks.

Will it happen?....
I do think that one thing that maybe should be considered is getting a group of clubs to support an opponent to one of the main league officials at the AGM. . It might just make the league committee have a think.

You just have to have a look at the career background of the ex FA man in charge of the league to see why the stance being taken is going down that judicial route....he also runs a company called 'sport integrity matters'.....let's see if it really does.....
(a spurs fan according to twitter).

Well social integrity matters more at the moment...keep doing the positive community things SFC. If they fine us and other clubs they are taking money and effort away from supporting those activities which would be shockingly distasteful and not great publicity for the league in front of its sponsors.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

I hope SFC are crossing the "I"s and dotting the "T"s amongst this chaos..Plenty of ice about still in my back garden this afternoon..If that's the game that the National League are playing and are sceptical at some of our recent postponement, it's important that enough evidence is produced in our defence.
For example, it sounds as if AFC Fylde allegedly accused SFC of skipping a game on New Years day when the club doctor had to intervene and produce evidence of players symptoms.
I don't like clubs being isolated, as sticking together as a group surely has to be the way of fighting this cause,but if it does come down to an individual situation then SFC needs to be ready with the evidence.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

I wonder what Vanarama think about all this, surely as a reputable and valued sponsor of non league football they wouldn't want to be seen as the "driving force" in teams bankruptcy. :idea:
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

I can (sort of) understand the NL position. They have contracts with Vanarama, BT etc which, once breached, might involve returning money already spent and would anyway be difficult to replace in the future
Might be better for clubs to persuade PHE and DCMS that elite status be revoked on health and safety grounds. Or just tell Hancock about it....
Rabbit
----------
----------

Post by Rabbit »

I’m a little surprised that we haven’t acted in line with other clubs that have declared that they won’t play at present given Liam and Ian’s statements after the last match.
I can see that allowing the cold weather to take the blame for today’s postponement gives one less game for the league to try and discipline us for but I think we should stand in solidarity with the other clubs refusing to play if that’s what we are saying is right.
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

There are now officially enough votes from N & S clubs to vote null and void.
This assumes resolution to split votes between steps passes.
This needs a 75% majority and is not guaranteed.
kiaken
----------
----------

Post by kiaken »

Agree with Rabbit