Season declared null and void

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
cavjj
Carl Soloman
Carl Soloman

Season declared null and void

Post by cavjj »

Good.

Probably worth a new thread trying to bring everything together.
Ste_B
----------
----------

Re: Season declared null and void

Post by Ste_B »

Good stuff.

Conference National will continue though.
Gloucester
----------
----------

Post by Gloucester »

Watch for Gloucester, Fylde and possibly York appeal this possibly to court? Alex Petheram Gloucester Co-owner made some interesting comments on Gloucestershire Live 3 days ago.
He’s definitely the sort along with Eamonn McGurk to have a go this might not be over just yet?
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Post by TrickyDicky »

Gloucester wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:54 pm Watch for Gloucester, Fylde and possibly York appeal this possibly to court? Alex Petheram Gloucester Co-owner made some interesting comments on Gloucestershire Live 3 days ago.
He’s definitely the sort along with Eamonn McGurk to have a go this might not be over just yet?
Presumably, the “7” against are these 3 “outfits” plus 4 others from Boston, Chorley, Brackley ? Hereford? and Kidderminster?
Swedes
----------
----------

Post by Swedes »

Gloucester wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:54 pm Watch for Gloucester, Fylde and possibly York appeal this possibly to court? Alex Petheram Gloucester Co-owner made some interesting comments on Gloucestershire Live 3 days ago.
Didn't South Shields throw a load of money at an appeal last season, and not get very far?

Anyway, I'm glad to see common sense finally prevail, and it being done so in a democratic way.
PortDan1121
----------
----------

Post by PortDan1121 »

Good stuff. Morally and financially the correct decision. Should have been stopped weeks ago though. Anyway look on the bright side atleast we don’t have 2022 printed on all our home shirts. If anyone sees an eBay sale of hundreds pint glasses with “2022” written on them let me know :lol:
Unibond Awakes
----------
----------

Post by Unibond Awakes »

Oh how my heart bleeds for Fylde and their owner how upsetting..football league by 2022 gone down the drain 🤮🤮🤮
tonyhey
----------
----------

Post by tonyhey »

At last, common sense has prevailed, hopefully we can reassemble in August.
Swedes
----------
----------

Post by Swedes »

Unibond Awakes wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:29 pm Oh how my heart bleeds for Fylde and their owner how upsetting..football league by 2022 gone down the drain 🤮🤮🤮
The beautiful irony is Fylde wanted null & void last season :lol:
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

Good, very glad the worrying period is over, I hope the Sponsors stick with the club next season & start afresh....
Liamisdoingagreatjob
----------
----------

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

Sad not to have football until at least August but the right decision at this time.

.....Life and death is actually more important than football.

Well done SFC for standing up and being counted on the side we were on. Let’s try to help however we can...
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Wonder what this means for Dover?
yellowrebel
----------
----------

Post by yellowrebel »

I presume the 30 K a month from the government will also stop 🤔
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

It stopped in January!
That was the main issue. Clubs got told that loans were only available not grants. This is why clubs refused to play. No Grant's, no income from crowds.
Port Yellow
----------
----------

Post by Port Yellow »

Good news. Well done to Liam, Ian and everyone else who’s stuck to their guns and done the right thing. Sad to see the National League continuing. It’s only football for goodness sake, the season should never have started.
Gloucester
----------
----------

Post by Gloucester »

My personal opinion from day one was to mothball for a season what a waste.
Gilbert69
----------
----------

Post by Gilbert69 »

Correct decision . Tough one for the club now though regarding season ticket holders and members . I dont expect any sort of refund but would expect rather large discounted prices next season
Roday1878
----------
----------

Post by Roday1878 »

A correct decision, who would of seen this twelve months ago! Two full seasons not complete, fingers crossed for 21/22, crazy that the last full season would of been 18/19 - arguably that’s only two full seasons out the fifth tier :lol: .

The biggest challenge now, is to maintain engagement with all stakeholders, so that when football does return with crowds hopefully in August it will feel like coronavirus never happened. Social media will play a key role for SFC, that I am sure they will fully embrace. Would be good to have podcast/Insight interviews with former or current players/managers that reinstall the memory of a match day and tell those stories of behind the seen and more - all very much a suggestion, but somethings personally would love to see more of to keep that connection and hunger to support for the next six months.

On a side note, assuming all players are furloughed with clauses in contracts to be activated at the end of furlough, whenever that is. Would that affect the retention of players going into the next season?
badger
----------
----------

Post by badger »

Roday1878 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:35 am A correct decision, who would of seen this twelve months ago! Two full seasons not complete, fingers crossed for 21/22, crazy that the last full season would of been 18/19 - arguably that’s only two full seasons out the fifth tier :lol: .

The biggest challenge now, is to maintain engagement with all stakeholders, so that when football does return with crowds hopefully in August it will feel like coronavirus never happened. Social media will play a key role for SFC, that I am sure they will fully embrace. Would be good to have podcast/Insight interviews with former or current players/managers that reinstall the memory of a match day and tell those stories of behind the seen and more - all very much a suggestion, but somethings personally would love to see more of to keep that connection and hunger to support for the next six months.

On a side note, assuming all players are furloughed with clauses in contracts to be activated at the end of furlough, whenever that is. Would that affect the retention of players going into the next season?

Time to look for a new Manager and Coach If we do not you can look forward to yet another poor season. :?:
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

I think the lines are drawn for next season With AFC Fylde York Chorley & Gloucester in pole position, probably not the right time to discuss our predicament, but definitely the coaching & tactics need to be updated to avoid more angst, a couple of experienced hands possibly a Player Coach would help, as the last couple of seasons have been awful on the pitch particularly at home, enough to test the most patient & tolerant fan.