James Tedford gone

Post by Tangled Up In Yellow »

Gone to Chelsea Ladies.
Paulisi
----------
----------

Re: James Tedford gone

Post by Paulisi »

He was good at his job, but I suspect as a Hodgkinson signing, his wages were significantly higher than most in this league.
tonyhey
----------
----------

Post by tonyhey »

I’m absolutely gutted that James is leaving us, but at the same time I’d like to say thank you James for everything you have done for the club in these unprecedented times. Congratulations on your new challenge, Chelsea are very lucky to be getting you. All the best.
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

The very best of luck to him, sounds like a wonderful opportunity.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Paulisi wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:17 pm He was good at his job, but I suspect as a Hodgkinson signing, his wages were significantly higher than most in this league.
I'll take good and expensive over cheap and crap every time.
Big shoes to fill.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Post by TrickyDicky »

James has been instrumental in keeping the club functioning, this is a major loss - he’s been a terrific asset , I’m sorry but I wish it had been the football management team which had gone instead of him. I’m gutted but am delighted because he’s truly earned the right to progress his career upwards.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

Tangled Up In Yellow wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:09 pm Gone to Chelsea Ladies.
Looking forward to playing them soon...

Good luck to James in the future..
Unibond Awakes
----------
----------

Post by Unibond Awakes »

This is not good news at all for the club as James has done a good job in my opinion...I have stated on another thread how weak the board Is taking into account the Manager is one of the 3 members & what is now beginning to cause greater concern is the board needs strengthening.

Ian Kyle needs to reach out for some new investors / board members and support as a matter of urgency

Worrying times for those who want SFC to be at least competitive after 9 seasons of utter dross and finishing at one of lowest positions since 1981.
Port on the Kent
----------
----------

Post by Port on the Kent »

Best of luck to James, always been a terrific advocate of the club and a great representative. The transformation off the pitch has been exceptional, to think we went from "two yellow kits" Haydn to a chap with such professionalism. Main influences, too many to mention, but consolidating the SFC juniors + womens teams under one SFC banner is hopefully a lasting legacy. Big shoes to fill, fire up LinkedIn, Ian!

This does provide an opportunity to shape the club over the following six months, before the action starts again. This probably warrants a thread of its own, but Unibond Awakes is correct, we need a full transformation again, ranging right through from board level to coaching staff. This period is a golden opportunity to reshape us for the better; I would want at least three more board members, new role for Liam further up the hierarchy and a clean sweep of the managerial and coaching positions. In adversity comes opportunity, let's focus minds and make sure we are as good as we can be come Aug 21.
old gold and black
----------
----------

Post by old gold and black »

Good luck James and thanks for all your hard work and the help you given to each and everyone of us who have had the fortune to be in contact with you. Chelsea have gained a gem it`s such a pity there`s no transfer fee we`d be quids in!!!!
Roday1878
----------
----------

Post by Roday1878 »

James has done an unbelievable job, in what has been an incredibly challenging and unprecedented time for everyone. Best of luck in your new role.

It’s important now that a new Head of Operations but most importantly secretary is appointed on a full time basis ASAP.

Completely agree with the below point, very worrying. Ian needs support, otherwise clubs with owners / larger boards will surpass a lot quicker than they already are, as you can not compete at this level and meet the aspersions with the board we have in terms of financial package they offer. Urgently needs to be addressed.
Unibond Awakes wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:31 pm
Ian Kyle needs to reach out for some new investors / board members and support as a matter of urgency
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

Good luck James and thanks.
Very sad to see him go. Will be near impossible to replace.
The future looks very worrying at the moment.
mark thomas
----------
----------

Post by mark thomas »

Good luck to him, he's done a lot for the club in really trying circumstances.
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Biggest loss since Brian Kettle
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

Ian has a mountain of work on, even without this latest news so let's hope fans continue to support the club in every way possible...

Regarding the board situation, I'm sure Ian will have his own ideas about this and we as fans should respect this.

He surely though must be more open minded than our last long standing Chairman who had is own narrow restrictive approach to this matter? I'm desperately trying to be kind here...
I've never understood why SFC have never approached any of the many local ex sportsman of this locality (without mentioning any names -as people shouldn't IMHO) ? They would have to be sold an ambition and a reason to joining the board,and maybe that boat has now sailed looking at the league we find ourselves in -but worth a punt ...?
My old boss used to say to me-if you don't ask you don't get...
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

A massive thank you to James who i had so much regard for over the last year, representing the club so well, working so hard to get us back in the stadium and generally being a top man. Good luck in your new job, James!
Fred M
----------
----------

Post by Fred M »

A massive loss to the club, he will be an hard act to follow but well done James you deserve this move and Chelsea have made a fantastic signing. I agree with a lot of comments that we need to increase the board members and bring in more investment to take the club forward, we also need to change the management and bring in new faces no shortage of applicants for this job.
YTT
----------
----------

Post by YTT »

Could see this one coming he had been too quiet but good luck to the lad he gave good service and SFC helped him progress his career.

In terms of board structure and investment I don’t think there has ever been a harder time to attract investment or the required people. I honestly believe the time has come to look at alternative structures. People won’t like it because they will see the fan ownership/ community type model as limiting ambition.

The reality is SFC is heavily reliant upon volunteers and may have ambition but limited ability to deliver on it. So hard as it is time has come for people to accept the reality. The club has 400 or so members under the scheme it launched. Given the crazy share purchasing and distribution over the last 3 years and the last filed accounts and charges taken for pitch works etc the club has never looked financially less attractive. So unless a business or entrepreneur comes along (why would they in current economic climate and the aforementioned financial position) and both come with the risk of non footballing agendas. Then for me the time has come to properly explore making SFC a true community hub asset.

If not I fear I’m sadly stating the obvious but what does the future hold for the club?

On the footballing side much of the same if not worse if nothing changes. For those playing the null and void this season doesn’t count card that’s nonsense as we we were a lower mid to bottom end national league north side again. Harsh but true.
exile
----------
----------

Post by exile »

A big loss, but good luck to him...
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

A big loss no doubt, very professional individual, good luck in your future career.