Good news?

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
george
----------
----------

Re: Good news?

Post by george »

Next season will be defined by are second kick of the ball,
If from the kick off,are player taps it to another, who then kicks it as far as he can,to go out for a throw, then I will head out of the ground, in despair
Dicko's Gloves
----------
----------

Post by Dicko's Gloves »

george wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:00 am Next season will be defined by are second kick of the ball,
If from the kick off,are player taps it to another, who then kicks it as far as he can,to go out for a throw, then I will head out of the ground, in despair
And back to school?
george
----------
----------

Post by george »

Might as well,cos that's the standard of football southport have played for the last 3 seasons
BinghamBoy
----------
----------

Post by BinghamBoy »

George, I think the subtlety of the post by Dicko’s Gloves may have passed you by - it’s ‘our’ not ‘are’ - at least I think that’s what he meant! 😊
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

Dicko's Gloves wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:31 am
george wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:00 am Next season will be defined by are second kick of the ball,
And back to school?
A gramma school ?
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

george wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:14 pm
If we are not competing at the top next season, me and lots of other people will find better things to do on a Saturday afternoon
george wrote:Next season I will be there, why?,cos it's in my heart, and soul
george wrote:Next season will be defined by are second kick of the ball,
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
george
----------
----------

Post by george »

The three Rs,reading, riting, rithmetic, must try harder
portexileinbath
----------
----------

george wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:30 pm The three Rs,reading, riting, rithmetic, must try harder
Miss go down is an anagram of mood swings and mood backwards is doom. Cheer up, it could be worse. :shock:
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

george wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:02 pm Might as well,cos that's the standard of football southport have played for the last 3 seasons
I've been going since 1997, I think we have always done the tap-tap-punt start. Bloody Watson eh?
portexileinbath
----------
----------

We did use tap tap miskick quite a few times to try and confuse the opposition :lol:
badger
----------
----------

Post by badger »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:08 pm
george wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:02 pm Might as well,cos that's the standard of football southport have played for the last 3 seasons
I've been going since 1997, I think we have always done the tap-tap-punt start. Bloody Watson eh?

You could not make It up ' tough times ahead if Watto Is still in charge. A not very fit team who get knocked off the ball far too often. Clue less on set pieces and free kicks . Could go on but pointless . . :o
exile
----------
----------

Post by exile »

I've been going since the late seventies, and we've rarely played like Brazil...
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

exile wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:33 am
I've been going since the late seventies, and we've rarely played like Brazil...
There have been days...An example being at home against Luton, with JPK, we played some amazing stuff.
Sam
----------
----------

Post by Sam »

exile wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:33 am I've been going since the late seventies, and we've rarely played like Brazil...
To be fair some of the best football in the last 30 years has also been Watson teams. First Conf North title season for one.
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

Redrobe fan wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:46 pm
exile wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:33 am

There have been days...An example being at home against Luton, with JPK, we played some amazing stuff.
JPK was an absolute delight to watch.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Ste_B wrote:
JPK was an absolute delight to watch.
That free kick at home to Lincoln City is one of the best goals never to be captured on film.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
george
----------
----------

Post by george »

I agree,JPK,at times was worth the admission fee just to watch,
portexileinbath
----------
----------

We have had quite a few good players over the years but never enough at the same time