AFC Fylde - The gift that keeps on giving.

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
PortDan1121
----------
----------

AFC Fylde - The gift that keeps on giving.

Post by PortDan1121 »

Back to these lot again who’ve started a new campaign to finish the season with the hashtag #FansSayPlay . Some of them were even pinning making sure the season ends to benefit mental health. We are all struggling mentally and I agree not going to football games can mean you lose that sense of mental escapism. Personally I think it’s wrong to pin something like this on mental health as the season ended for financial reasons.

And you know what’s worse on your mental health than your club not ending the season? Your club never playing again because they have been forced to play a season with little funding.

Seriously if you are struggling on your mental health though I could consider contacting the charity Mind on 0300 123 3393

Anyway in the vote last week a majority ruled that the season should end so there. Democracy, no other decision should be made as that is not following democracy. It’s not Scotland.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Re: AFC Fylde - The gift that keeps on giving.

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

PortDan1121 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:28 pm

And you know what’s worse on your mental health than your club not ending the season?
Contracting an infection that proves to be fatal.
Though I suppose if their mental health is OK then at least they'd die happy.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

I've never known a club try so hard to be so dislikable. Whether it's their intention or not, they do a splendid job of it.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

I read the statement from Chief Executive Jonty Castle, and frankly found the interview nauseating.Many of the reasons given for playing on can be levelled at every club in National North.Players careers being short-and being curtailed for two seasons running.Difficult conversations to be had with sponsors as well.All clubs have invested in their squads this season.
The argument about saving the Govt money by not furloughing players and playing on being in the best interest for the mental well being of fans and communities-well...
All fans are missing the live "pie and pint" match- but not at the expense of health and safety.
Self centered Haythornthwaite.
Get over it.
David_1276
----------
----------

Post by David_1276 »

Ste_B wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:01 pm I've never known a club try so hard to be so dislikable. Whether it's their intention or not, they do a splendid job of it.
They probably don't feel the need to be liked at our level because by 2022 they're going to be in the Football League where they belong... Or maybe not 🤷🏼‍♂️
puskas
----------
----------

Post by puskas »

They're grasping at straws, they have lost the argument via finishing the wrong side of the vote. Nobody can make clubs that have closed down for the season start again, so it no worry to Southport.

To me those that want to carry on (at a guess about 8) should be allowed to carry on if they want to and finish up with one promoted. It really is no skin off Southport's nose. Who ever gets promoted are out of Southport's way in the fight for promotion next season (arguably Fylde).

The argument was really about the clubs that wanted to end the season having the right to do so without punishment, that has happened, so what harm can it do if those on the other side of the argument carry on playing? It's not Brexit :D
From the Shores of the River Ribble
To the Banks of Fine Janes Brook
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

To all at AFC Fylde. Sour grapes can be sweetened with the addition of a little honey, also if a little yeast is added a drink that will blur the memory can be created.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:37 pm
PortDan1121 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:28 pm

And you know what’s worse on your mental health than your club not ending the season?
Contracting an infection that proves to be fatal.
Though I suppose if their mental health is OK then at least they'd die happy.
For a very pleasant change, I agree with you totally. Well said