New Director

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

New Director

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Finally, some good and progressive news...

https://southportfc.net/new-director-un ... ball-club/
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
Roday1878
----------
----------

Re: New Director

Post by Roday1878 »

An additional piece regarding his brief spell at Stockport County, written in 2014.

https://tony-evans.tumblr.com/post/7945 ... -stockport
Sam
----------
----------

Post by Sam »

My long term business plan for the club was to get an ex-premier league player to pay Stockport County to let him manage them. (Ex-players have the money so it makes sense for them to pay to get on the ladder, giving them something to do)
I hope Kevin Davies was paying us.

But in that second article he makes some points that are as equally as applicable to us as they were Stockport.
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

On the face of it, this is very good news indeed. We will have to see.

I wonder if its linked to the 'three year deal' between IK and PH that I read about?
Unibond Awakes
----------
----------

Post by Unibond Awakes »

Great news all round it is exactly what we needed something positive and exciting.....welcome to Anthony and it’s great to see Ian get some much needed additional support
Last edited by Unibond Awakes on Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Redrobe fan wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:09 pm

I wonder if its linked to the 'three year deal' between IK and PH that I read about?
Is that the 3 year Pure Stadium naming rights deal or something else and why would this appointment have anything to do with it?
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:39 pm

Is that the 3 year Pure Stadium naming rights deal or something else and why would this appointment have anything to do with it?
No, nothing to do with sponsorship. It was about the share transfer and payment. I don’t remember the details. I’ll do some fishing on the internet later and see if I can find it
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Redrobe fan wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:56 pm
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:39 pm

No, nothing to do with sponsorship. It was about the share transfer and payment. I don’t remember the details. I’ll do some fishing on the internet later and see if I can find it
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/fo ... n-16591634
The 3 year deal to sell PH's shares wasn't acceptable to the National League so he sold them to IK for £100.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

My long term business plan for the club was to get an ex-premier league player to pay Stockport County to let him manage them. (Ex-players have the money so it makes sense for them to pay to get on the ladder, giving them something to do)
I can only think of about ten reasons why this is a bonkers idea.

There's an article elsewhere that quotes Tony Evans as describing Stephen Vaughan as "a friend" and "a good guy" - so excuse me if I take a lot of convincing on this one.
kiaken
----------
----------

Post by kiaken »

Welcome Anthony hope you have long and happy time with us.
Sam
----------
----------

Post by Sam »

Ste_B wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:07 pm There's an article elsewhere that quotes Tony Evans as describing Stephen Vaughan as "a friend" and "a good guy" - so excuse me if I take a lot of convincing on this one.
Stephen Vaughan, maybe he could get us in contact with an ex Liverpool defender to manager us?
Unibond Awakes
----------
----------

Post by Unibond Awakes »

Ste_B wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:07 pm

There's an article elsewhere that quotes Tony Evans as describing Stephen Vaughan as "a friend" and "a good guy" - so excuse me if I take a lot of convincing on this one.
I’ m sure Ian Kyle & Liam Watson will have checked things out from a ‘historical’ article that’s 10 years old
Roday1878
----------
----------

Post by Roday1878 »

Unibond Awakes wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:25 pm I’ m sure Ian Kyle & Liam Watson will have checked things out from a ‘historical’ article that’s 10 years old
I think Liam knows him well, as they are both directors at Conform North West.
old gold and black
----------
----------

Post by old gold and black »

Welcome Tony and good luck!!! Ian be careful the Sopranos were into waste management😁😁😁
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

Roday1878 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:11 pm
Unibond Awakes wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:25 pm I’ m sure Ian Kyle & Liam Watson will have checked things out from a ‘historical’ article that’s 10 years old
I think Liam knows him well, as they are both directors at Conform North West.
https://www.conformnw.co.uk/team

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... 3/officers

https://lbndaily.co.uk/new-investor-spa ... ring-firm/

https://footballpink.net/2018-10-25-sto ... ball-club/
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

Unibond Awakes wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:25 pm

I’ m sure Ian Kyle & Liam Watson will have checked things out from a ‘historical’ article that’s 10 years old
I apologise - apparently they were comments about Stephen Jnr, but the connection is still a concern. Perhaps it’s something that the board can address in their next update with Rob.
Formula Port
----------
----------

Post by Formula Port »

Ste_B wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:03 am
Unibond Awakes wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:25 pm

I apologise - apparently they were comments about Stephen Jnr, but the connection is still a concern. Perhaps it’s something that the board can address in their next update with Rob.
Any connection with those pillocks is worth enquiring about.
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Poor man is already on a hiding to nothing!
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
george
----------
----------

Post by george »

Great,into football, got a few bob, wants to spend some of it on Southport fc,welcome and best of luck,up the port
Port on the Kent
----------
----------

Post by Port on the Kent »

Good news, hopefully more additions to come.

Goodness knows that Ian and Liam have done all sorts for this club, but if there's one criticism of them it's that they are both so laid back they are horizontal, we need a bit of outside influence and a bit of ooomph (techincal language) to ensure we don't just pootle along in blissful mid table with the current incumbents.