New Director

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Re: New Director

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

I’m surprised that, having made this announcement, the club haven’t yet followed up with an interview.
Unibond Awakes
----------
----------

Post by Unibond Awakes »

Yes it stated on the official site on 4/3/21 that an interview would be carried out in the next few days...it was the most positive news I’d heard this year yet no follow up?
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

https://southportfc.net/questions-to-the-board/
They set a deadline of tomorrow to submit questions to the board.
Hard to record an interview answering questions before they've been submitted.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:32 am https://southportfc.net/questions-to-the-board/
They set a deadline of tomorrow to submit questions to the board.
Hard to record an interview answering questions before they've been submitted.
The lack of vision of guessing these questions in advance is a worrying sign and highlights Liam being the spawn of Satan. Etc etc etc.
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

UA is correct, they did initially promise delivery in a few days. Then they changed tack after a while and announced the request for questions.

In this downtime its important to keep people’s interest in the club warm with some drip feeding of information, rather than silent periods. An interview with the new director, then a week or so later an interview with IK, and then LW would maybe have been a better plan.

Im looking forward to the interview - maybe next week?
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Redrobe fan wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:27 am UA is correct, they did initially promise delivery in a few days. Then they changed tack after a while and announced the request for questions.

In this downtime its important to keep people’s interest in the club warm with some drip feeding of information, rather than silent periods. An interview with the new director, then a week or so later an interview with IK, and then LW would maybe have been a better plan.

Shaking my head.
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Redrobe fan wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:27 am UA is correct, they did initially promise delivery in a few days. Then they changed tack after a while and announced the request for questions.

Club announces new director and promises an interview.
Appointment provokes mixed reactions on Port Chat.
Club reacts by giving fans ample time to submit any questions they have relating to the appointment of new director.
Fans moan about lack of interview taking place before the deadline for the questions that would form the basis of part of the interview.
Classic Port Chat.
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

Predictable!
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Zoom interview on the weekend.
John Glendenning
Best Landlord Ever
Best Landlord Ever

Post by John Glendenning »

Personally I think we all need to chill out and cut the club some slack. Keeping the website up-dated, generating and producing new content etc all takes time and requires someone with the necessary skills to commit their time to it. I know that Rob does a fair bit and that our former Secretary also added content. I am sure the club will pick up the pace when they are able to do so.
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

John Glendenning wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:32 pm Personally I think we all need to chill out and cut the club some slack. Keeping the website up-dated, generating and producing new content etc all takes time and requires someone with the necessary skills to commit their time to it. I know that Rob does a fair bit and that our former Secretary also added content. I am sure the club will pick up the pace when they are able to do so.
Agreed. I think most people don't have any issue. However, there are always one or two who will never be satisfied, John! The thing is, obviously, nothing is going on at the moment so there isn't any new news!
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

https://southportfc.net/zoom-update-from-the-board/
Article and Zoom interview with the board now online.
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

Didn't really tell us much about Tony Evans, other than he was a mate of Liam's.
He didn't seem very prepared for the questions and was very vague when answering.
John Glendenning
Best Landlord Ever
Best Landlord Ever

Post by John Glendenning »

Paulisi wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:02 pm Didn't really tell us much about Tony Evans, other than he was a mate of Liam's.
He didn't seem very prepared for the questions and was very vague when answering.
Not sure that Tony had pre-sight of the questions for which he "was very vague when answering". I think we need to give the man a chance and the board time to get into the groove.

My ears pricked up at the vacant Community Officer post they mention and also their following mention of "the Trust" ?! Presume they are not talking about TIY. Anyone know what they were talking about?
Redrobe
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe »

I think the questions asked were obvious ones so not sure pre-sight of them should make any difference but I agree we need to give him time.
I think the Trust referred to will be the Southport FC Community Foundation. Nolio should be able to confirm.
SfcFPA
----------
----------

Post by SfcFPA »

Redrobe wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:48 am I think the Trust referred to will be the Southport FC Community Foundation. Nolio should be able to confirm.
Correct
Ronnie Hotdogs
BASTARD
BASTARD

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

https://southportfc.net/club-statement- ... m-changes/

Apparently PHIL was meant to have left us debt-free - where's this £500k come from? I hope we won't end up using any potential Dion windfall just to pay it off, and we're able to use it to build a decent team.
Ex Bankser
----------
----------

Post by Ex Bankser »

I wonder if he technically did but that there were ongoing costs that we couldn't scale down quickly enough after he left.

Like high playing wage bill, high off field wage bill plus who knows what. Though I thought that was in part what the sponsorship was there to cover.

I could he wrong though
Stratford Excile
----------
----------

Post by Stratford Excile »

Paulisi wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:02 pm Didn't really tell us much about Tony Evans, other than he was a mate of Liam's.
Agree-did not seem like a 'Man with a Plan'

Not particularly inspiring!
Sam
----------
----------

Post by Sam »

Stratford Excile wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:04 pm Agree-did not seem like a 'Man with a Plan'
The whole point of a board is that it isn't just one person with a plan, its a collective. He's merely meant to have ideas and experiences.