Jean Carr R.I.P.

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Jean Carr R.I.P.

Post by TrickyDicky »

Shocked and very sad to see Jean has passed away. Her and her husband Robert have been brilliant supporters of the club for many many years. I didn't know her too well, but whenever I spoke with her she was always, loyal, smiling and realistic about the Club and tremendously steadfast about the teams performances.
Condolences to Robert, so very sorry for your loss.
RIP Jean , you’ll be sorely missed . God bless
pault
----------
----------

Re: Jean Carr R.I.P.

Post by pault »

Quite often had a quick word with Robert, the couple of occasions we were able to attend this season he was by himself, saying his wife was ill. Condolences to you Robert, RIP Jean.
Redrobe
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe »

So shocked by this awful news. Travelled to away games with Jean and Robert on the coach many times. I would usually sit behind them. I can hear her laughing now. Away games will certainly not feel the same without seeing Jean there. I would also usually see Jean and Robert at Walkabout Wednesdays during the summer but I never went to any of the games this season so had no idea she was ill. Very sad. RIP Jean and my deepest condolences to Robert. Southport has lost another stalwart supporter..
mancport

Post by mancport »

Very sad news,didn't know the lady particularly well but she was always at the away games i attended.R.I.P.
kiaken
----------
----------

Post by kiaken »

Very sad news.Spoke to her many times and she said she was not to good.I spoke to her last on walkabout Wednesdays and she would not say much. RIP.
Terrace Dweller
----------
----------

Post by Terrace Dweller »

Terribly sad news.
I Stand near Jean and Robert on The Poplar Terrace and was always impressed how Jean always positively supported the team.
I stood near enough to hear Jean's comments and always found myself agreeing with her insights and reflections on the game.
Had a lot of respect for her, as when things weren't going well on the pitch, she would always try and remain upbeat, preventing loss of player confidence by refusing to criticise.
A really nice lady, the Terrace won't be the same.
RIP Jean and condolences Robert.
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Such a lovely lady.
Always tried to see the positive side of Port performances and players. Such a great couple her and Robert, fantastic company on the many Away coach trips we went on. Just wont be the same without her beaming smile and laugh. All my love, thoughts and prayers go to Robert, the Family and friends.
I'm truly gutted and upset with this devastating news.
RIP JEAN 💛🖤😔🙁
mario
----------
----------

Post by mario »

Didn't know her well, but quite often had a chat to her, lovely lady, always smiling and positive but realistic. RIP.
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

Very sad. Another missing face when we eventually resume.