Come follow southport...a club where fans views matter

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Re: Come follow southport...a club where fans views matter

Post by portexileinbath »

To those moaning about lack of news,, why not write fantasy reports on the games we haven't played and let us all know how well or badly we didn't do.
John Glendenning
Best Landlord Ever
Best Landlord Ever

Post by John Glendenning »

sandgrounder6 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:13 am There is not a lot happening at present. If you think about it our season may be "over" but realistically we were scheduled to keep playing well into May which means players are still under contract, albeit furloughed, for a while yet so we can't do anything with them. Same at most other clubs so retained lists and new players will be delayed a while yet I think.
I am trying to get some media content out each week but if nothing is happening it makes it hard,
A series of former player interviews will be starting in the very near future and I will be doing catch ups with the Board when there is something to put out.
If anyone has additional ideas for content, bearing in mind all our media is now run by volunteers, please send them to me by e-mail rob@southportfc.net
I appreciate your efforts, as I am sure we all do. Over the past month or so I have noticed a fair few activities happening at our club. Perhaps it might be good to have a weekly update about "others" such as Everton under 18's, Southport ladies, kids matches for example.Not suggesting match reports for Everton as I am sure the EFC website is precious ,about that content, but just knowing what's been going on would demonstrate that our facilities have not been idle. In turn this might help nudge supporters of the so called "big clubs" to take a closer look.

Just a thought ;-)
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

That selection should send everyone back to sleep John
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

superbike999 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:13 pm That selection should send everyone back to sleep John
Hahahaha
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
becbee
----------
----------

Post by becbee »

John Glendenning wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:14 pm
I appreciate your efforts, as I am sure we all do. Over the past month or so I have noticed a fair few activities happening at our club. Perhaps it might be good to have a weekly update about "others" such as Everton under 18's, Southport ladies, kids matches for example.Not suggesting match reports for Everton as I am sure the EFC website is precious ,about that content, but just knowing what's been going on would demonstrate that our facilities have not been idle. In turn this might help nudge supporters of the so called "big clubs" to take a closer look.

Just a thought ;-)
Why would any Southport fan want to read Everton U18 match reports? A lot of clubs groundshare, it doesn't make fans of one team interested in the other(s) who use their ground.

In any case there are child protection reasons why you could never have reports on children's matches, probably also cover U18s as they are minors.
Sam
----------
----------

Post by Sam »

John Glendenning wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:14 pm kids matches for example
Are generally never reported on in any detail to avoid introducing competitiveness to early.

Are people really that starved of things to do at the moment they need to know Billy, 8, from Churchtown Primary scored a hat trick this week after having a half time Fruit Shoot?
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Sam wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:26 pm
Are generally never reported on in any detail to avoid introducing competitiveness to early.

Are people really that starved of things to do at the moment they need to know Billy, 8, from Churchtown Primary scored a hat trick this week after having a half time Fruit Shoot?
Hahaha brilliant.
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Big Mac 1985 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:09 pm
Sam wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:26 pm

Hahaha brilliant.
Billy, 8, from Churchtown would probably have been pleased to see it.
Formula Port
----------
----------

Post by Formula Port »

I'm a little worried we haven't heard about Liam's latest bowel movements to be honest. I do hope he is going regularly.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Formula Port wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:36 pm I'm a little worried we haven't heard about Liam's latest bowel movements to be honest. I do hope he is going regularly.
We obviously need a stool pigeon to keep us updated
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

For those bemoaning the lack of news the club has released some news, and it is that there'll be no news this weekend.
https://southportfc.net/social-media-bl ... s-weekend/
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
John Glendenning
Best Landlord Ever
Best Landlord Ever

Post by John Glendenning »

becbee wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:46 am
John Glendenning wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:14 pm

Just a thought ;-)
Why would any Southport fan want to read Everton U18 match reports? A lot of clubs groundshare, it doesn't make fans of one team interested in the other(s) who use their ground.

In any case there are child protection reasons why you could never have reports on children's matches, probably also cover U18s as they are minors.
(Above) sigh ..... I KNOW about child protection and any restrictions that might apply. This is because I work with vulnerable adults and children with learning disabilities. I was not suggesting match reports (complete with action shots!) As for the bit about people's potential "interest" or lack of it in
mentioning "other clubs / teams, my point concerned demonstrating that our club facilities ARE in regular use. This in turn complete with kids games / walking football / food bank collections / breakfast club (when covid restrictions allow) and any other activities inclusive of club outreach work; if subject to a monthly round-up (BRIEF!!) might help build that "community hub" image that in turn MIGHT help attract more interest in what goes on ON THE PITCH once the season begins.

Just saying .... (I will get my coat ;-)