Ian Baines Interview

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
SfcFPA
----------
----------

Ian Baines Interview

Post by SfcFPA »

This is the first of what we hope will be a series of interviews with some of our former players and FPA members.
Huge thank you to Ian Baines for agreeing to be the first.
It's quite a long interview but well worth a watch...

https://southportfc.net/former-player-i ... an-baines/
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Re: Ian Baines Interview

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Brilliant stuff. Hero status reinforced.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

I don't remember him at all. When did he play and what position?. Can't say I would watch it as they say it's a long interview.
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

superbike999 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:41 pm I don't remember him at all. When did he play and what position?. Can't say I would watch it as they say it's a long interview.
WHAT?!

Vera Preece shouted to Brian Kettle so much to bring him on in a game once that he did it to stop her bellowing. What a player. What a woman.
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

superbike999 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:41 pm I don't remember him at all. When did he play and what position?.
144 appearances in 2 spells 1987-88 and 1989-1993. A stalwart of the magnificent Northern Premier League championship side.
Solid and dependable in defence and midfield.
https://www.southportfootballclub.co.uk ... ls/?id=321
Are you too young to remember or are you one of those "lifelong fans" who took a 15 year break during the Northern Premier League years?
superbike999 wrote:Can't say I would watch it as they say it's a long interview.
superbike999 wrote:SFC aren't doing much to keep fans interested.
:roll:
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
kiaken
----------
----------

Post by kiaken »

Very good player and fans favourite. Good to hear from him and I will forgive home for organising moving all lamp posts down our street.
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

I really appreciated this interview. I look forward to some more. There are so many former stalwarts like him.
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:49 pm
superbike999 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:41 pm I don't remember him at all. When did he play and what position?.
144 appearances in 2 spells 1987-88 and 1989-1993. A stalwart of the magnificent Northern Premier League championship side.
Are you too young to remember or are you one of those "lifelong fans" who took a 15 year break during the Northern Premier League years?
superbike999 wrote:Can't say I would watch it as they say it's a long interview.
@RalphyRylance
Edited quote:

The latter part of your sentence is probably nearer the truth. At the age of 78, I sometimes wish I was too young to remember. I said I would never watch them again after they got kicked out of the league, (rather unjustly as they didn't finish bottom). I relented after a few years and started watching them again and have had a season ticket for the last 3 seasons
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

superbike999 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:10 pm
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:49 pm
@RalphyRylance
Edited quote:

The latter part of your sentence is probably nearer the truth. At the age of 78, I sometimes wish I was too young to remember. I said I would never watch them again after they got kicked out of the league, (rather unjustly as they didn't finish bottom). I relented after a few years and started watching them again around the time they got promoted and have had a season ticket for the last 3 seasons
David999
----------
----------

Post by David999 »

Bainesy an absolute legend / never stopped trying - sad to hear how he was treated at the end of his time here but encouraged by his endorsement of Liam - I loved the guy as he was sfc through and through !
Portoldie
----------
----------

Post by Portoldie »

Good interview. Well done guys.

Look forward to the next one.
yellosoul
----------
----------

Post by yellosoul »