Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Re: FA Cup draw

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Michael wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:49 pm
yellowfever wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:25 pm
Michael wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:15 pm
The rot set in more than 2 years ago, long before Mr Hodgkinson's time.
There you go Michael-you actually said it..
The rot set in during a certain previous Chairman's tenure.
I presume you are referring to Mr Clapham's tenure. If so, you might care to reflect on Sam Shrouder's recent supportive comments about his chairman who, incidentally, got us out of the Northern Premier league, a cup final at Wembley and promotion to the Conference. Compared to where we are today that doesn't sound like a rot.
Yes, and all great days. Then it went to rot didn’t it?
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Michael wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:49 pm
yellowfever wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:25 pm
Michael wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:15 pm
The rot set in more than 2 years ago, long before Mr Hodgkinson's time.
There you go Michael-you actually said it..
The rot set in during a certain previous Chairman's tenure.
I presume you are referring to Mr Clapham's tenure. If so, you might care to reflect on Sam Shrouder's recent supportive comments about his chairman who, incidentally, got us out of the Northern Premier league, a cup final at Wembley and promotion to the Conference. Compared to where we are today that doesn't sound like a rot.
You seem to have forgotten about the relegations under Clapham that put us where we are today, back in the 6th tier where he started.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

Michael..
You can wrap it up anyway you want.When you analyse the length of time that our long standing Chairman was in charge-a whole 34 ( THIRTY FOUR) years.The club totally under achieved, and as a result we find ourselves basically-back where we started.Only now- playing catch up in a more competetive modern age of football.
Michael
----------
----------

Post by Michael »

yellowfever wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:04 pm Michael..
You can wrap it up anyway you want.When you analyse the length of time that our long standing Chairman was in charge-a whole 34 ( THIRTY FOUR) years.The club totally under achieved, and as a result we find ourselves basically-back where we started.Only now- playing catch up in a more competetive modern age of football.
Sorry but I disagree. Mr Clapham had his failings - who doesn't? But he kept us solvent, provided the resources that enabled us to buy and sell decent players, recruited good (not all) managers, kept us well away from the depths of Conference South and, perhaps most important of all, put out teams that at least tried to play football.
Michael
----------
----------

Post by Michael »

Sorry that should read Conference North
Unibond Awakes
----------
----------

Post by Unibond Awakes »

No advocate of Charlie Clapham but I have to acknowledge we really are at our lowest ebb since 1981 and we were always challenging for a return to the national league ....I know teams in the cheshire league that can raise the sufficient requisite number of fit & able substitutes...barely 5 weeks into the new season Port cannot....frankly it is an embarrassment and the 100% responsibility of our management to rectify.....🙈🙈 like now
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Michael wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:29 pm
Sorry but I disagree. Mr Clapham had his failings - who doesn't? But he kept us solvent,
Are we insolvent now?

recruited good (not all) managers,
When you appoint as many as he did you're bound to get a few that are good.
kept us well away from the depths of Conference North
You're ignoring 5 lower half Northern Premier League finishes then?
perhaps most important of all, put out teams that at least tried to play football.
Did he pick the teams and dictate tactics?
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

RR. I think you are wasting your time putting facts in front of some people, they have their agenda and aims..... LW out, board out, spending spree on players and turn us into a powerhouse of NW football, or bankruptcy (sh** or bust)
Sand74
----------
----------

Post by Sand74 »

I fully expect us to win on Saturday as I have just checked and we are not, in fact, playing Juventus we are in fact playing a little backwards village team called Chorley.

If the Players are reading this they should know that we expect to beat teams like Chorley because for one, they are better players than them.
If they weren't they would be playing for the likes of Chorley and not for Southport.

I predict and expect a routine 2 or 3 nil win although with it being an FA Cup tie the plucky Villagers may get up and score a goal as it is a massive game for them.

The week after should be the same result.

UP THE PORT!!!
Formerly known as Lurch (S.F.C)
portexileinbath
----------
----------

I honestly believe that once we get our fitst win things will improve rapidly.
Nobody can deny that it would have been impossible to have selected a harder cluster of opening fixtures but once they are out of the way we will get a real indication of where we are. Be patient for a little while, the threadbare squad have been giving everything on the pitch, isn:t it about time we ALL start getting behind them ?.
The cup draw has been unkind to us yet again but we haven't lost yet, lets hope we don't.
Kempster911
----------
----------

Post by Kempster911 »

portexileinbath wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:57 pm RR. I think you are wasting your time putting facts in front of some people, they have their agenda and aims..... LW out, board out, spending spree on players and turn us into a powerhouse of NW football, or bankruptcy (sh** or bust)
Oh porte you keep winding yourself up.
Kempster911
----------
----------

Post by Kempster911 »

Sand74 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:29 am I fully expect us to win on Saturday as I have just checked and we are not, in fact, playing Juventus we are in fact playing a little backwards village team called Chorley.

If the Players are reading this they should know that we expect to beat teams like Chorley because for one, they are better players than them.
If they weren't they would be playing for the likes of Chorley and not for Southport.

I predict and expect a routine 2 or 3 nil win although with it being an FA Cup tie the plucky Villagers may get up and score a goal as it is a massive game for them.

UP THE PORT!!!
Gotta be a p-take otherwise the white coates are on standby.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Kempster911 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:04 pm
Sand74 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:29 am I fully expect us to win on Saturday as I have just checked and we are not, in fact, playing Juventus we are in fact playing a little backwards village team called Chorley.

UP THE PORT!!!
Much better the white coats than a white flsg, lets at least go down fighting (figurative not litetal !). :arrow:
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Kempster911 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:55 pm
portexileinbath wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:57 pm RR. I think you are wasting your time putting facts in front of some people, they have their agenda and aims..... LW out, board out, spending spree on players and turn us into a powerhouse of NW football, or bankruptcy (sh** or bust)
Oh porte you keep winding yourself up.
Haven't been fishing for 2 days, stress levels rising. I will review my postings tomorrow evening after a few hours on the riverbank. 8-)
I predict we wil win by an odd goal in a high scoring game
Sand74
----------
----------

Post by Sand74 »

portexileinbath wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:55 pm
Kempster911 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:04 pm

UP THE PORT!!!
Much better the white coats than a white flsg, lets at least go down fighting (figurative not litetal !). :arrow:

It's only Chorley FFS. Chorley.

Been a bit unlucky at times but we are running out of excuses. I think things will improve when we win on Saturday as losing can become a habit.

Nothing to fear in this League.
Formerly known as Lurch (S.F.C)
Michael
----------
----------

Post by Michael »

portexileinbath wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:55 pm I honestly believe that once we get our fitst win things will improve rapidly.
Be patient for a little while.
But we haven't managed a league win in 11 games and that's a fact not an agenda item. Patience is wearing a little thin.
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

Michael wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:55 pm
portexileinbath wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:55 pm I honestly believe that once we get our fitst win things will improve rapidly.
But we haven't managed a league win in 11 games and that's a fact not an agenda item. Patience is wearing a little thin.
Unfortunately the club have been going backwards from a playing point of view for too long now, the present Coaching set up will take us down to a comfortable level for them so the club can survive financially, the writing is on the wall but there is no urgency to improve the situation. What can you say or do other than take it on the chin & hope for a miracle.......strangely the games I have seen have been exciting the playing surface must be the envy of the other clubs & attendances seem to be levelling to around 800 some encouragement there I suppose.
Any Port In A Storm
----------
----------

Post by Any Port In A Storm »

Alan Spences Pupil wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:03 pm
Michael wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:55 pm
Unfortunately the club have been going backwards from a playing point of view for too long now, the present Coaching set up will take us down to a comfortable level for them so the club can survive financially, the writing is on the wall but there is no urgency to improve the situation. What can you say or do other than take it on the chin & hope for a miracle.......strangely the games I have seen have been exciting the playing surface must be the envy of the other clubs & attendances seem to be levelling to around 800 some encouragement there I suppose.
I've been to four games pre season and league and all decent matches but I fear we have rode our luck once too often and it will be Witton Whitby and Warrington next season in front of considerably less than 800. If we name an injured subs bench again on Saturday with no urgency to rectify that in the loan market I think that will tell you all you need to know about ambition and finance.
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

Liam says that everyone is fit apart from George Newell and Russell Benjamin.
Portoldie
----------
----------

Post by Portoldie »

Redrobe fan said:-

Liam says that everyone is fit apart from George Newell and Russell Benjamin.

Where does it say that?