12 Buckley-Ricketts
9 Archer

Subs: McMillan, Anson, Woods, Munro, Carver
tonyhey
----------
----------

Re: Brackley Town V Southport - Match Thread

Post by tonyhey »

Had a prior appointment in York this morning, so I thought I’d take in Guiseley v Kettering while I’m out this way.
The Commander
----------
----------

Post by The Commander »

To put the icing on the cake take the 10 minute walk after the game to the Wetherby Whaler for the best fish n chips
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Re: Brackley Town 1-0 Southport - Match Thread

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

Dire first half. I’d like to think it can only get better, but nobody fit on the bench bar Tony Macmillan. Play him up front.
Their goal - multiple chances to clear, all missed.
Brackley not great, but they don’t need to be.
MrC
----------
----------

Post by MrC »

Port equalised on 85. No scorer on Vanerama at moment. Up the Port
MrC
----------
----------

Post by MrC »

Hell! Now given a correction on 90+. It is 1-0. What a rubbish site.
mrsbluenose
----------
----------

Post by mrsbluenose »

Fotmob had them as equalising on 85' too but corrected later so presumably disallowed.
Any Port In A Storm
----------
----------

Post by Any Port In A Storm »

I've heard all the excuses about an unkind fixture list. Give me a shout around November when we allegedly have a winnable game. Dark times, club slip further in to the mire. Is that true that all the outfield subs were injured? Dire if so.
exile
----------
----------

Post by exile »

It's little consolation, but we've lost narrowly away at the team who are now 3rd, drew at home to the side now 5th, lost narrowly at the side now top, drew a home game we should've held on to win against the side now 6th, and have lost narrowly at the side now 2nd.

We've played five of the top six sides, and not been thrashed by any of them. It suggests that our position might be a bit false, but, two tough games against Chorley ahead, it's not going to get much easier any time soon...
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

The Commander wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:48 pm To put the icing on the cake take the 10 minute walk after the game to the Wetherby Whaler for the best fish n chips
Murgatroyds 2 miles away in Yeadon (towards Leeds/Bradford airport) is better #justsaying
issy
----------
----------

Post by issy »

We were beaten before we even got on the coach. There is so much negativity being spoken from Ian Kyle and Liam Watson. We can' beat full time teams, clubs with budgets 4 or 5 times ours, teams in the top six, Chorley (bad draw in the Cup), etc. etc. It surely must get into the heads of the players. They can't suddenly shake that mentality off, like changing your clothes.
Do you think Crystal Palace came out today thinking they can't beat the team top of the league? Just look what happened.
Only positive comments from now on, or we will talk ourselves into the bottom six.
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

Sorry to report issy, we are in the bottom 3 with those around us with games in hand.....whilst enjoying the football I have seen so far it is hard to see the port not being in the relegation zone, with no investment & coaching staff entrenched & bullet proof it is hard to not be negative. We have a nice ground beautiful pitch just imagine if that counted for anything :|
LukePort

Post by LukePort »

Awful performance, never looked like scoring, something has to change
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

I cannot comment on the match, but I assume Anson is injured and Woods and Carver are not fully fit, so just Munro fully fit on the bench.

Why have we not brought in loan players?

I know we have had a tough start, but no clean sheet yet and more tough games coming up. What happens if we don't beat the 'weaker' teams?
GeorgeCarrExcavation
----------
----------

Post by GeorgeCarrExcavation »

Paulisi wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:40 pm I cannot comment on the match, but I assume Anson is injured and Woods and Carver are not fully fit, so just Munro fully fit on the bench.

Why have we not brought in loan players?

I know we have had a tough start, but no clean sheet yet and more tough games coming up. What happens if we don't beat the 'weaker' teams?
Division 7.
Kempster911
----------
----------

Post by Kempster911 »

Sandgrounder SE wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:56 pm Dire first half. I’d like to think it can only get better, but nobody fit on the bench bar Tony Macmillan. Play him up front.
Their goal - multiple chances to clear, all missed.
Brackley not great, but they don’t need to be.
Bottom line is Watsons usual BS post - match excuses together with Kyle's naivety
singing along with it. The club is in trouble and the guy is oblivious to it.

Apparenty the situation will improve once the "weaker sides" enter the equation.
Perhaps SFC should consider themselves included within this category.
Sgreen1234
Call Me Steve
Call Me Steve

Post by Sgreen1234 »

Well first of all we were unlucky not to get a point.

First half we weren’t at the races. The players looked bereft of any confidence and apart from Nial getting behind a couple of times, didn’t look like scoring. We had one shot when Doyle (I think) put one over the bar but otherwise poor. Long balls into the box went straight to their keeper. Brackley weren’t great either but a needless free kick given away by Bainbridge when their player, who made a massive meal of it was heading away from danger towards the corner. A goal mouth scramble from the resulting free kick led to it getting poked in somehow.

Second half we were better although Brackley had chances to put the game to bed - a couple of good saves from Mason kept them out then Ndlov hit the bar with a looping header. But we persevered and should have equalised. Archer had a chance but their keeper managed to make a double save and then another goalmouth scramble where we had 3 chances to score got nullified by the panicking defence. Woods and Carver despite their injuries both got on. Connor had a great run but was pulled back - but clearly has class. Carver’s movement, even in the 5 mins he was on was better than anyone else’s and we probably looked more dangerous in the last 10 mins than the whole game. Perhaps that’s why The Flash Score app said we’d equalised - thee was no disallowed golf or anything. We were as bemused as anybody.

I can only speak on one performance this season, but we didn’t look far off. I know that’s been said a lot and we don’t have the points to show it, but we are 6 games in. We do need to strengthen, even loan players, especially on days like today where we barely had 12 fit players. A wise and calm head in midfield is missing. We also could do with George or someone like him, playing off the target man. Today Archer, in the first half in particular, was 20 yards away from the next man and on the rare occasions he won a header, there was no one ever around to pick up the second ball.

On the plus side, the pie chips and gravy was excellent - although a bit pricey for footy.
Last edited by Sgreen1234 on Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

Another defeat, but it doesn’t tell us anything new. We lost a game we were expected to lose.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

We need 2, maybe 3 players in IMHO.
You can't go into games with unfit/half fit players making up the bench week in week out and expect to get results.Options to change a game are part and parcel of modern football now-even at this level.
We need a favour or two and we shouldn't be too proud of asking anyone.