Southport 1-0 Chorley - FA Cup - Match Thread

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Re: Southport 1-0 Chorley - FA Cup - Match Thread

Post by portexileinbath »

Can't wait to see the highlights !.
Lets hope that the news that we are playing entertaining football and showing signs of being a very competative side will transfer into more people coming to games. So pass the word, Port are on their way back !
Route66
----------
----------

Post by Route66 »

Brilliant goal!!! One of the best I've seen in 60 years going to Haig Avenue!!!!
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Wow !.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

haigavel wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:02 pm The 1st FA Cup matches were played on November 11th 1871.
When Marcus Carver scores next Saturday he will join a most elite,exclusive and noteworthy group of players:
Qualification: Score in 3 consecutive matches against former team within an 8 day period to include both League and FA Cup fixture.
Marcus is to become the eighth player in 15 decades to join the group.
I hope you're going to list them all.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
mark thomas
----------
----------

Post by mark thomas »

Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

mark thomas wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:19 pm Pop side view of the action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kCr3q-Z7j0
Why don't SFC film from that side? It provides a much closer and better view of the game and presents a better impression of the ground than the position in the press box.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

I'm glad that Chorley TV picked up Marcus Carver's goal, as the distant view from SFC's press area-as you say Ralphy was slightly "distant" and didn't really do it it justice.
His goal needs "putting out there" for the general public to pick up on surely? If that had been scored in the Premier League at the weekend-it would be talked about for weeks..
haigavel
----------
----------

Post by haigavel »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:21 pm
haigavel wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:02 pm The 1st FA Cup matches were played on November 11th 1871.
When Marcus Carver scores next Saturday he will join a most elite,exclusive and noteworthy group of players:
Qualification: Score in 3 consecutive matches against former team within an 8 day period to include both League and FA Cup fixture.
Marcus is to become the eighth player in 15 decades to join the group.
I hope you're going to list them all.
According to Southport's twitter, they cannot upload it to 12 noon today.
In the words of Tomkins, "The ethos of Clapham became the spirit of the age."
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

haigavel wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:15 pm According to Southport's twitter, they cannot upload it to 12 noon today.
In who's time zone? :)
Port on the Kent
----------
----------

Post by Port on the Kent »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:11 pm

Why don't SFC film from that side? It provides a much closer and better view of the game and presents a better impression of the ground than the position in the press box.
Agreed, highlights look naff with the wonky camera facing a sparsely populated Pop side and the frame rate doesn't seem right as it's not smooth.

Looks so much better from the Pop side gantry, and with the Main Stand in the background we look like something close to a proper football club.

Not knocking any volunteers before people start. Filming from that side presumably means some poor soul will have to sit up by themselves in the metal box all game, I wouldn't do it, so won't knock anyone else for not doing. But no hiding that Chorley's footage is streets above ours.
haigavel
----------
----------

Post by haigavel »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:19 pm
haigavel wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:15 pm According to Southport's twitter, they cannot upload it to 12 noon today.
In who's time zone? :)
Ya got me Ralphy.nowhere to hide....
ʻIli, ʻili holoholona, lapaʻau ʻia, ʻili pipi. Thick leather, ʻili mānoanoa. Thin leather, ʻili lahilahi.
In the words of Tomkins, "The ethos of Clapham became the spirit of the age."
Any Port In A Storm
----------
----------

Post by Any Port In A Storm »

Fantastic goal. The lad deserves it from what I have seen too. Proper team player.
badger
----------
----------

Post by badger »

Port on the Kent wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:23 pm

Agreed, highlights look naff with the wonky camera facing a sparsely populated Pop side and the frame rate doesn't seem right as it's not smooth.

Looks so much better from the Pop side gantry, and with the Main Stand in the background we look like something close to a proper football club.

Not knocking any volunteers before people start. Filming from that side presumably means some poor soul will have to sit up by themselves in the metal box all game, I wouldn't do it, so won't knock anyone else for not doing. But no hiding that Chorley's footage is streets above ours.
Well said highlights are naff long range filming comes to mind. Chorley youtube download 90% better . Ge It sorted please. Great goal good win need to start strong on Sat we do not want to be 2-0 down after 30 minutes.
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Not conceding a goal, only scoring 1 (not our usual 2 or 3). Very worrying.

;)
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

I have to agree.
Much better view of our beautiful stand and makes the ground look fuller.
From the main stand it looks like a ground with no cover and not many fans.
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

YELLOWTAXI wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:02 am

I have to agree.
Which is pretty much what it is! :lol: :lol:
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
PortDan1121
----------
----------

Post by PortDan1121 »

YELLOWTAXI wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:02 am

I have to agree.
To be fair the main stand looked near empty the other night, with lots of empty seats. There was lots more in Jack Carr and the Poplar Terrace.
Empty seats/spaces are noticeable in a lit-up seated stand then an unlit terrace.
sandgrounder6
----------
----------

Post by sandgrounder6 »

Thanks everyone for the feedback on the filming. We are reliant on one volunteer camera person at present so please don't upset him!!
There are a few reasons why we switched from the gantry, the lack of power being the biggest issue particularly when we were streaming and needed a wired internet connection and full power. It is also cold, lonely and not very nice up there particularly in winter when the wind blows, I wouldn't do it!
Now there is no streaming I will look at possibly moving back over to the Popular side but we will need to address the power issue. We can obviously use the battery pack but if that fails and we don't film we end up with a fine!
We film to the spec the NL require but I will try and increase the fps from now on. Bear in mind also it takes as long as the game to upload to the NL portal after the game so the higher the spec the longer it will take to upload and we have a ridiculous deadline in place to do this or.....face a fine!

I'll see what spec the Chorley guys are using on Saturday and see if we need to tweak any other settings on our camera as well.

One thing I think we can all see whether it was through the Southport footage or the Chorley coverage......... it was a decent goal!

If anyone is into videography and wants to help (it is all voluntary) do get in touch.

Rob
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:44 am Not conceding a goal, only scoring 1 (not our usual 2 or 3). Very worrying.
;)
Why waste goals on Chortley ( :lol: ) ?. One was enough and all fans got their moneys worth watching our goal. Same again on Saturday will do.
Not conceding could be due to Budget restrictions making things tight at the back. :roll: