Main subforum for all things Southport FC
optimickstic
----------
----------

Re: Tranmere home friendly

Post by optimickstic »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:36 pm
optimickstic wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:27 pm
None of the usual chanting the man with the drum wasnt there or any of the lads who orchestrate the singing the Tranmere goalie didnt get the usual off putting chants we didnt all have a disco etc a lot of the youngsters turned up but seemed a little lost today only time there was any noise from home support was when we scored
It's a pre season friendly, a glorified training session.
I'd hardly expect it to be like Galatasaray in the 1990s.
No its more like "Welcome to Heaven" and of course minus the red flares :P : Blackpool -Rangers was more reminiscent of that watch Lee Charles tv on Youtube Blackpoolv Rangers [Rangers fans spectacular Flare show behind the goal]What if it had happened at Southport even amongst away fans ?
old gold and black
----------
----------

Post by old gold and black »

Got to agree with YT about the referee, missed one very good penalty shout at the Blowick end with a foul off the ball and waved away a clear penalty at the Scarisbrick end in the 2nd half. Just hope we don`t get him in the league this season as he missed far to many fouls made by both sides and when balls were kicked out of play made the wrong decisions on whose throw in went to. There should be a section for supporters opinions of referees performances it may help to improve the standards which are a disgrace throughout the game at every level. That idiot on the BBC who says the refereeing in the women`s game has vastly improved needs to take his rose tinted glasses off and stop filling his head with so many insignificant facts which in all honesty are of no interest to people.
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

There is a section on the recently announced APP (download via QR CODE on the back of seats, which has a section for opinion of referees. Having said that, I couldn't find the section for opinion of players, (although someone said there were only 7 listed)
PortDan1121
Bitter Evertonian
Bitter Evertonian

Post by PortDan1121 »

superbike999 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:14 pm There is a section on the recently announced APP (download via QR CODE on the back of seats, which has a section for opinion of referees. Having said that, I couldn't find the section for opinion of players, (although someone said there were only 7 listed)
I mean i didn’t try it yesterday but maybe us (the fans) could do with a video tutorial from the club on how to use the app. Obviously it was a first trial of it yesterday and I’m sure the club are learning how to use it to get content out and discovering new features as time goes on. Should be working to it’s optimum by the start of the season.
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

superbike999 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:14 pm There is a section on the recently announced APP (download via QR CODE on the back of seats, which has a section for opinion of referees. Having said that, I couldn't find the section for opinion of players, (although someone said there were only 7 listed)
I’m thinking there was only 7 names because we played 18 players in total and there wasn’t room. I’d expect when the League starts there should be room for everyone who’s played up to say 80 minutes.
Swedes
----------
----------

Post by Swedes »

Any Port In A Storm wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:57 pm
Marsh Harrier wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:24 pm Zero atmosphere which is disappointing because that's one of the main reasons for attending a live football match! Very little if any banter between the fans and the stewards and police had little if nothing to do! I hope the stay aways return!

Much better performance than against Lancaster, the
highlights for me were an unbelievable save by McMillan and Munro's great finish.
Some of stay aways aren't allowed to return and their mates are rightly backing them. Zero atmosphere and blue chip middle aged supporters are what the outraged and offended want. Heavy handed reaction will cost the club long term.
I thought they were "loyal fans". Now they're staying away because of the actions of a few of their friends? Some loyalty that.
David_1276
----------
----------

Post by David_1276 »

Swedes wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:52 pm
Any Port In A Storm wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:57 pm
Marsh Harrier wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:24 pm Zero atmosphere which is disappointing because that's one of the main reasons for attending a live football match! Very little if any banter between the fans and the stewards and police had little if nothing to do! I hope the stay aways return!

Much better performance than against Lancaster, the
highlights for me were an unbelievable save by McMillan and Munro's great finish.
Some of stay aways aren't allowed to return and their mates are rightly backing them. Zero atmosphere and blue chip middle aged supporters are what the outraged and offended want. Heavy handed reaction will cost the club long term.
I thought they were "loyal fans". Now they're staying away because of the actions of a few of their friends? Some loyalty that.
They didn't stay at home, they were all there. They just chose not to sing to make a point that without them the atmosphere is akin to a library.
sandgrounder6
----------
----------

Post by sandgrounder6 »

Just a quick update on the Hub/App.
Early days and we will be adding more to it over the coming weeks. We are using the pre-season games as a dress rehearsal really ready to go live fully on 6th August.
We did get a very pleasing response rate yesterday considering it was the first go at it...........and I was only shown how it operates on Friday,
We have been advised against listing all the players for the MOTM vote as it is open to abuse but I will try it and see how it goes. Every player will be listed on Tuesday.
We will be running the Player Of The Month voting on it this season as well as that was very popular and we are reintroducing it for 2022-23.
It's a bit of fun that we hope our supporters will enjoy using.
Swedes
----------
----------

Post by Swedes »

David_1276 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:52 pm
Swedes wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:52 pm
Any Port In A Storm wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:57 pm Some of stay aways aren't allowed to return and their mates are rightly backing them. Zero atmosphere and blue chip middle aged supporters are what the outraged and offended want. Heavy handed reaction will cost the club long term.
They didn't stay at home, they were all there. They just chose not to sing to make a point that without them the atmosphere is akin to a library.
Fair enough. I don't think there is any argument about where the atmosphere comes from, more about the behaviour of a minority of the lads. No point rehashing it though, hopefully everyone will have moved on from it soon.
kiaken
----------
----------

Post by kiaken »

Agree about ref Saturday,did not matter in pre season but we are going to have to have these officials week in . The ref and liner mainstand side seemed to be at different games.
Port on the Kent
----------
----------

Post by Port on the Kent »

sandgrounder6 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:34 pm Just a quick update on the Hub/App.
Early days and we will be adding more to it over the coming weeks. We are using the pre-season games as a dress rehearsal really ready to go live fully on 6th August.
We did get a very pleasing response rate yesterday considering it was the first go at it...........and I was only shown how it operates on Friday,
We have been advised against listing all the players for the MOTM vote as it is open to abuse but I will try it and see how it goes. Every player will be listed on Tuesday.
We will be running the Player Of The Month voting on it this season as well as that was very popular and we are reintroducing it for 2022-23.
It's a bit of fun that we hope our supporters will enjoy using.
Will we be hearing from Liam post-match again soon? Cheers
sandgrounder6
----------
----------

Post by sandgrounder6 »

We will be bringing an Interview with Liam after the game at Bootle on Saturday.