Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Realtalk
----------
----------

Re: Injuries

Post by Realtalk »

PortDan1121 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:49 pm
Realtalk wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:22 pm
Having listened to both Ian and Liam at the awards evening last night, both of them still seemed confident of getting playoffs. They didn’t rule out making any further signings to boost numbObvs

Highlight of the evening the two 'er directors regarding play-offs and further signings.
PR stunt in trying to maintain some public interest.
Don’t twist my words and make out I’ve said something that I haven’t…
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

Once is enough.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

tonyhey wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:29 pm
yellow blue wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:09 pm unless we make some signings squad was very thin before these. a bottom six finish if not worse
Nice to see you so positive and optimistic even before a ball has been kicked.
I couldn't agree more Tonyhey. We need to encourage people to come and watch us, constant moaning and negativity is of no help to the club or the team.
Sadly due to our pathetically lows crowds we can't hope to compete with the larger clubs when it comes to, squad size or quality of signings. That does not mean we will fail, it means we have to be more astute and build a good team spirit and I personally believe that in LW we have a manager who is capable of doing that.
I still have hopes that promotion isn't beyoned us, only time will tell.
Jonny Smith
----------
----------

Post by Jonny Smith »

Why are certain people so surprised about us having a thin squad? The club has no money so how can we expect them to sign players with money they don’t have. Constant moaning on here is getting so tedious and boring.

Get behind the boys they need our encouragement and you might just be surprised.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

Jonny Smith wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:46 pm Why are certain people so surprised about us having a thin squad? The club has no money so how can we expect them to sign players with money they don’t have. Constant moaning on here is getting so tedious and boring.

Get behind the boys they need our encouragement and you might just be surprised.
How prophetic !