Southport 6-1 Peterborough Sports

Attendance 1756
PortInTheSouth
----------
----------

Re: Peterborough Sports Predictions

Post by PortInTheSouth »

Hasn't failed me so far, so:

Southport 8-0 Peterborough Sports (att. 987 (72 away))
Gilbert69
----------
----------

Post by Gilbert69 »

2.1 southport
Archer 24
Woods 88
Att 1011
114 away
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

Away win.
Formula Port
----------
----------

Post by Formula Port »

1-1, dire performance but scramble a point
Churchtown Yellow
----------
----------

Post by Churchtown Yellow »

Tough one this, newly promoted team who have invested in a few decent players over the summer. If we can take 4 points from this and Darlo, it would be a more than satisfactory start.

Southport 2-1 Peterborough Sports
Att: 1001
David_1276
----------
----------

Post by David_1276 »

Looking at their squad, I can confess to never having seen them play but it doesn't look like it's fit for the level really. I'd expect these and Scarborough to be in or around the bottom 4 this term, so I can't predict anything but a decent home win.

Southport 4:0 Peterborough Sports
Woods
Archer (2)
Bainbridge

Attendance: 1170 (53 away)
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

I'm sure I read an article saying their paying budget is in the bottom third or the league and they would have preferred to play in NLS as the standard is not as high.
I think we should be favourites, but they may well stick men behind the ball and make it difficult for us.
mark thomas
----------
----------

Post by mark thomas »

PS certainly won't be coming to Haig Ave to make any friends - very complacent to assume the league newbies will be a pushover.
Hopefully, Liam and Terry will keep the players grounded and focused on the task in hand. Stay sharp lads! And patient!
Port on the Kent
----------
----------

Post by Port on the Kent »

Forecast anywhere between 27° - 30° depending where you look, so it will be too hot for an end to end game.

I can see it being played at a slower pace and we are going to have to keep the ball. You can't play kick and chase in that heat.

Providing we do that, I can see a 2-0 home win.

Att: 939
Hillside Raider
----------
----------

Post by Hillside Raider »

Difficult one to predict given I know zilch about the opposition. Going to be boiling hot so hopefully they will arrive here with half the job done with an early start and a long coach journey in the legs (even better if the aircon breaks down) . As people have said the game will have to be played at slightly lower pace with the ball doing the work and we've shown recently that we can do this when necessary.

Going for 3-0 home win. We are creating attacking opportunities in open play for a change and would've scored more goals in pre season but for some great blocks and last ditch defending by Bolton, Tranmere and Everton. We've also just got 5 away from home against a team that will still almost certainly be in the playoffs.

Attendance 965 (40 away). Also predict 5 pints of Golden Sands and 1 cheeseburger from Lourdes Deli.
Churchtown Yellow
----------
----------

Post by Churchtown Yellow »

Hillside Raider wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:24 pm Difficult one to predict given I know zilch about the opposition. Going to be boiling hot so hopefully they will arrive here with half the job done with an early start and a long coach journey in the legs (even better if the aircon breaks down) . As people have said the game will have to be played at slightly lower pace with the ball doing the work and we've shown recently that we can do this when necessary.

Going for 3-0 home win. We are creating attacking opportunities in open play for a change and would've scored more goals in pre season but for some great blocks and last ditch defending by Bolton, Tranmere and Everton. We've also just got 5 away from home against a team that will still almost certainly be in the playoffs.

Attendance 965 (40 away). Also predict 5 pints of Golden Sands and 1 cheeseburger from Lourdes Deli.
They’re staying overnight on Friday, which is a shame. I suggest we find out where and have a party outside in the small hours!
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Get an early goal and it is relaxing afternoon, so knowing us a sift goal conceded early putting us under the cosh scrabbling for a late equaliser.

1-1
loyal jay
----------
----------

Post by loyal jay »

We're at home, so I expect the onus will be on Port to find a way to break them down. The team that 'looks after' the ball in the energy sapping heat, should come out on top. I hope the pitch is heavily watered pre-game to give some zip to any passing, the ball will need to be moved quickly to unlock any tight defensive positions, should Sports sit back.

Southport 2 - 0 Peterborough Sports

Archer 76, Walton 84

Sports to be worn down by the weather and slick passing movement ( on the ground ;) )
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

Well they certainly won’t be bringing many - only had 360 for their first game at this level, and a fair share of those would have been fans of the visitors, who were also playing their first NLN game and would have brought a few. No useable trains either on Saturday. So the crowd will only be Southport fans - I’d guess just short of 1000. Hoping for a 2-0 victory.
Redrobe
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe »

One name stands out amongst their squad, Michael Gash. Think he has played against us a few times for Cambridge United amongst others.
David_1276
----------
----------

Post by David_1276 »

Redrobe wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:35 pm One name stands out amongst their squad, Michael Gash. Think he has played against us a few times for Cambridge United amongst others.
I remember him vaguely, seems he's been around the circuit quite a lot. 35 now but he still knows where the goal is so he's probably the player we ought to be most wary of I think.
Hillside Raider
----------
----------

Post by Hillside Raider »

Redrobe wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:35 pm One name stands out amongst their squad, Michael Gash. Think he has played against us a few times for Cambridge United amongst others.
Sure he was part of that horrible Kings Lynn side that came up to Haig Ave and got a 1-2 victory in their promotion season. No Adam Marriott with him on Saturday though & a few more miles in the legs so hopefully not as much as a threat this time.
Marsh Harrier
----------
----------

Post by Marsh Harrier »

Interestingly they played with 10 men for most of the second half last Sat and Buxton's goal was scored by Jason Gilchrist. Doubt they'll be a pushover, maybe 1-1 with 851 in attendance. Only certainty is our two kick-offs will end up going out for throw-ins!
optimickstic
----------
----------

Post by optimickstic »

2-0 to the Port [hope its 5 -3 ] wishful thinkin again! attendance 986 35 away they may let a few on the team coach on the Friday unlikely but possible.And some may drive 189 miles lots on M6 [googled it] they probably have a few die hard fans with a flag hope so as its our first game against them .Pity they didnt get their wish to go into Southern division but if we get 6 points from the games happy with that.
Last edited by optimickstic on Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.