Liam Watson update

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
george
----------
----------

Re: Liam Watson update

Post by george »

I am Liam watson biggest crictic right now,however let's give the guy some credit for the experience, work,and being in the game along time,his biggest asset in my opinion is finding raw talent ,and selling some of them on a making a few bob for the club, I hope this continues after he has stepped down from being manager,
I write this on my holls in Jamaica, RIP Queen Elizabeth
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

issy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:39 pm Maybe this will mean Terry McPhillips taking a more influential role - which may not be a bad thing.
He hasn't shown anything so far has he?
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

superbike999 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:55 pm
issy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:39 pm Maybe this will mean Terry McPhillips taking a more influential role - which may not be a bad thing.
Last season people said he was the best thing since sliced bread.
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

george wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:52 pm I am Liam watson biggest crictic right now,however let's give the guy some credit for the experience, work,and being in the game along time,his biggest asset in my opinion is finding raw talent ,and selling some of them on a making a few bob for the club, I hope this continues after he has stepped down from being manager,
What about the four league championships?
george
----------
----------

Post by george »

Yes,4 league championship, and how many relegation? If he stays manager much longer I know which stat he is likely to add to
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

george wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:43 pm Yes,4 league championship, and how many relegation? If he stays manager much longer I know which stat he is likely to add to
0 relegations.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
george
----------
----------

Post by george »

Yes,0 relegation, Southport where saved by the demise of Rushton &Dimonds, sacked by Telford, Stalybridge, the guy has my respect, but football is a results game,......and me,and alot of people are fed up with his style of play,and hope we win Saturday, but if we don't, Watson out
Sam
----------
----------

Post by Sam »

george wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:52 pm I write this on my holls in Jamaica,
Sounds like you're enjoying the holiday as much as you enjoy football at haig ave.
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

george wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:52 pm I am Liam watson biggest crictic right now,however let's give the guy some credit for the experience, work,and being in the game along time,his biggest asset in my opinion is finding raw talent ,and selling some of them on a making a few bob for the club, I hope this continues after he has stepped down from being manager,
He could almost be a Director of Football bringing talent in, managing recruitment and letting/allowing someone who's happy to coach, coach, in a Head Coach capacity. Might be the way for us to go because Liam is a board member.
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
tomherold
----------
----------

Post by tomherold »

Liam Watson update = he still knocks it long
optimickstic
----------
----------

Post by optimickstic »

Believe two members of the SGA are Burscoughs managers now so Liam could do both jobs . :roll: Might help us a bit with player recruitment as our academy will take time to produce suitable players to npl level standards .
Last edited by optimickstic on Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
optimickstic
----------
----------

Post by optimickstic »

PORT FOREVER wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:49 pm
Alan Spences Pupil wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:24 am
loyal jay wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:08 pm This should be seen as a positive. Greater exposure to emerging talent which we can hopefully tie down and progress up the pyramid. Maybe a bit of a safety net for Liam if things continue to spiral…
Hasn't he got some family connection to the Gerrard family? Sounds like he is looking after number 1.....
I believe he is with Steven Gerrards mum.
Thought it was Stevens mother in law ?
Last edited by optimickstic on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Realtalk
----------
----------

Post by Realtalk »

superbike999 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:55 pm
Probably lost interested due to the absymal state of play, now here for the wage only