Chorley

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
optimickstic
----------
----------

Re: Chorley

Post by optimickstic »

Compared to covid missing a game or two aint too bad.RIP Queen Elizabeth 2nd .Hope if theres a bank holiday all supermarkets stay fully closed for the day as a mark of respect .
Ronnie Hotdogs
BASTARD
BASTARD

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

COVID cancellations were necessary for obvious reasons, this wasn't. I don't think anyone wants those days back, particularly struggling clubs and businesses that will lose the revenue from a Saturday match and eventually take much less from a midweek one. It's true that a postponement is not the end of the world, but it's the principle that annoys people.

I can understand the idea of cancelling events on the day of the funeral, but the FA arbitrarily binning yesterday's kids' and amateur football as well as the professional game is mental and I'm yet to hear any semi-sensible reason for it. Other sports deciding to go ahead just makes the clowns that run football look even more craven and pathetic. People don't seem to be quite so bothered about "keeping politics out of football" when it's this kind of politics.

Clearly anyone who disagrees with this decision only does so because they have no other way to fill their time, although you'll all be pleased to know I spent my Saturday going round pubs waiting to hear groups of people laughing so I could tell them to SHOW SOME RESPECT. For what it's worth, if I was that angry about people going to the supermarket on Boxing Day I

a) would refuse to work on Boxing Day
b) wouldn't go to the supermarket on Boxing Day whilst accepting that some people may wish to without even slightly wanting to chin them because that's weird
c) would ask for Boxing Day football fixtures to be cancelled
I am at my most DANGEROUS and EFFECTIVE when UNDERESTIMATED.
badger
----------
----------

Post by badger »

Burscough Boot on this morning bought some good stuff cheap.
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:46 am COVID cancellations were necessary for obvious reasons, this wasn't. I don't think anyone wants those days back, particularly struggling clubs and businesses that will lose the revenue from a Saturday match and eventually take much less from a midweek one. It's true that a postponement is not the end of the world, but it's the principle that annoys people.

I can understand the idea of cancelling events on the day of the funeral, but the FA arbitrarily binning yesterday's kids' and amateur football as well as the professional game is mental and I'm yet to hear any semi-sensible reason for it. Other sports deciding to go ahead just makes the clowns that run football look even more craven and pathetic. People don't seem to be quite so bothered about "keeping politics out of football" when it's this kind of politics.

Clearly anyone who disagrees with this decision only does so because they have no other way to fill their time, although you'll all be pleased to know I spent my Saturday going round pubs waiting to hear groups of people laughing so I could tell them to SHOW SOME RESPECT. For what it's worth, if I was that angry about people going to the supermarket on Boxing Day I

a) would refuse to work on Boxing Day
b) wouldn't go to the supermarket on Boxing Day whilst accepting that some people may wish to without even slightly wanting to chin them because that's weird
c) would ask for Boxing Day football fixtures to be cancelled
You should show some respect to the Queen and watch the live footage from a helicopter that is following her coffins every move.
Ronnie Hotdogs
BASTARD
BASTARD

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I can't, I'm watching the cricket. I do agree that the helicopter/coffin news feed is a true Mark Of Respect and very probably what she would have wanted, as opposed to the warm tribute paid at the start of play at The Oval yesterday which has been widely condemned as DISRESPECTFUL. Thank God football was cancelled so there couldn't be any further DISRESPECT at grounds around the country.
YellerFeller

Post by YellerFeller »

We should stop squabbling among ourselves and remember who the real enemies are - the Romans!
Ronnie Hotdogs
BASTARD
BASTARD

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Let's smash up the Deva Centre!

I'll stop being a dick about this now. It was annoying though, especially when you find out Eton played a game yesterday with an FA ref.
george
----------
----------

Post by george »

Does everyone know somebody that goes in the front door of the pub,everyone scattered out the back?......
Up the port