Southport v Longridge

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Paulisi
----------
----------

Southport v Longridge

Post by Paulisi »

I'm not sure anyone really cares about this fixture and we will be lucky to get 200 through the gate.

Liam stated anyone who didn't start Sat and is fit plays, plus whoever needs games

Jack Doyle
Dylan Vassallo
Connor Woods
Loanee
Gambo's Left Boot
----------
----------

Re: Southport v Longridge

Post by Gambo's Left Boot »

Longridge lost 8-0 in NW Counties at the weekend, so might be a chance for our strikers to get a bit of confidence.
Jonny Smith
----------
----------

Post by Jonny Smith »

If we lost this Watson would still remain in charge. He must have the safest job in the country
Annonymous_fan
----------
----------

Post by Annonymous_fan »

If Watson loses this there really is no going back for him!
couille du chien
----------
----------

Post by couille du chien »

Gambo's Left Boot wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:10 pm Longridge lost 8-0 in NW Counties at the weekend, so might be a chance for our strikers to get a bit of confidence.
Who are the strikers ?i know of one archer
Stratford Excile
----------
----------

Post by Stratford Excile »

Watson should have gone long before now!!
portexileinbath
750 posts
750 posts

Post by portexileinbath »

I hope LW sends the team out with clear instructions that there should be NO long ball tactics used tonight and that they should use the game as a competative training session and play the ball to feet, beat players, gain some confidence. The result matters little (or less), getting the team to play to their full ability is what is needed. Then take the lessons learned and use them against Leamington on Saturday.
Jonny Smith
----------
----------

Post by Jonny Smith »

A truly magnificent victory tonight. Let’s crack open the champagne and celebrate
David_1276
----------
----------

Post by David_1276 »

portexileinbath wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:04 pm I hope LW sends the team out with clear instructions that there should be NO long ball tactics used tonight and that they should use the game as a competative training session and play the ball to feet, beat players, gain some confidence. The result matters little (or less), getting the team to play to their full ability is what is needed. Then take the lessons learned and use them against Leamington on Saturday.
He definitely didn't do that, but 7 goals are 7 goals 😂.

Great win, with a little bit of fancy stuff on and off which was nice to see. Niall Watson with his second MOTM performance in 2 games, long may it continue.

Also great to see Goudie save a penalty, to be honest he didn't look massively out of place but we will need a loanee for Saturday because Tony ended up going to hospital and Cam is still visibly not 100% and seemed a bit slow tonight when I had a word with him.
portexileinbath
750 posts
750 posts

Jonny Smith wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:23 pm A truly magnificent victory tonight. Let’s crack open the champagne and celebrate
Thats the spirit !. Cheers
My first cheeseboard in far too long and the Taylors port tastes wonderful.
portexileinbath
750 posts
750 posts

David 1276. I am not surprised Cam is still a bit dazed, it was one hell of a kick to the head he took at BUFC.
What happened to Tony Mc ?
PortDan1121
Bitter Evertonian
Bitter Evertonian

Post by PortDan1121 »

portexileinbath wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:03 pm David 1276. I am not surprised Cam is still a bit dazed, it was one hell of a kick to the head he took at BUFC.
What happened to Tony Mc ?
Went off at half time with a concussion. New rules bought in a few years ago dictate that even if you get bought off with concussion then you can’t play for 7 days. Cams is a serious concussion so he is out for longer under doctors orders, and then he needs to get fit again when he comes back…
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

So yet another injury through playing in this pointless competition. Madness.
Worrying that Cam is still not right. I hope there’s no serious brain injury.
portexileinbath
750 posts
750 posts

Thanks PortDan 1121. Hope both fully recover soon
optimickstic
----------
----------

Post by optimickstic »

Maybe Goudie should have got a start tonight to give Tony a rest hope he isnt too badly hurt we obviously need another keeper for Saturday so we can balance the bench. Did we enter this competition or were we invited as the holders? we shouldnt have bothered. If we win it three more times which would give us the most wins can we please then call it a day .Probably Liam will want us to carry on as long as he does.With even more league games this season and such a small squad the less extra meaningless games we play the better.Hope Cam and Tony are ok soon and back to their old selves it takes a brave man to be a keeper .
portexileinbath
750 posts
750 posts

Jonny Smith wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:23 pm A truly magnificent victory tonight. Let’s crack open the champagne and celebrate
A useful tip for you. After pouring the first glass of champagne, inserting a silver teaspoon handle downwards into the bottle will keep it fizzy for longer. There is a time limit on how effective this is, so I would strongly advise purchasing an additional bottle before the Leamington game. :!: :D (it may even be worth considering a bulk purchase, as our season is about to take off).
Ps, no need to thank me.
Up the Port (or champagne) !
gazaprop
----------
----------

Post by gazaprop »

portexileinbath wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:46 pm
A useful tip for you. After pouring the first glass of champagne, inserting a silver teaspoon handle downwards into the bottle will keep it fizzy for longer. There is a time limit on how effective this is, so I would strongly advise purchasing an additional bottle before the Leamington game. :!: :D (it may even be worth considering a bulk purchase, as our season is about to take off).
Ps, no need to thank me.
Up the Port (or champagne) !
........and in other news, Tesco are giving away free single malt with Asda promising to match this with free fillet steak. Quasi Chancellor cancels income tax and removes fuel duty - completely :roll: God loves an optimist and my scenario is no more far fetched than yours old son.
portexileinbath
750 posts
750 posts

Tried tesco, couldn't find any foie gras, oysters or pheasant and got arrested for the theft of a bottle of single malt... No Asda :-(
But at least god loves me :-)
AND Marcus is back !
gazaprop
----------
----------

Post by gazaprop »

:lol: :lol:
portexileinbath wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:35 pm Tried tesco, couldn't find any foie gras, oysters or pheasant and got arrested for the theft of a bottle of single malt... No Asda :-(
But at least god loves me :-)
AND Marcus is back !