Update from Ian Kyle

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Update from Ian Kyle

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
tonyhey
----------
----------

Re: Update from Ian Kyle

Post by tonyhey »

Thanks Ian and Rob, roll on July and hopefully watching football again.
Sam
----------
----------

Post by Sam »

Shame someone complained about the Walkabouts restarting, but nice to see them back now.
old gold and black
----------
----------

Post by old gold and black »

Shame they don`t complain about the National League Management whom have had no contact with us and I presume any of their member clubs, Ian certainly sounded disappointed in that regard.
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Sam wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:48 am Shame someone complained about the Walkabouts restarting, but nice to see them back now.
I've not watched it yet but no way?! What was the complaint?!
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
Liamisdoingagreatjob
----------
----------

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

old gold and black wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:37 pm Shame they don`t complain about the National League Management whom have had no contact with us and I presume any of their member clubs, Ian certainly sounded disappointed in that regard.
Surely they can't be described as 'management' if they're not in liaison with their teams...
Fit and Proper ?
mark thomas
----------
----------

Post by mark thomas »

National League have shown no leadership at all, pathetic effort.

Thought it was a good measured interview from Ian, maybe a brief one could be done with Liam re Mo Ali's seeming departure, how George Newell is recovering from injury and maybe the type of players he's looking to bring in?

August will be here before we know it and it was also encouraging to hear that pre-season with fans is the expectation.
Ex Bankser
----------
----------

Post by Ex Bankser »

It's possible that they are not interviewing anyone who is furloughed hence it being volunteers or Ian.
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Ex Bankser wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:48 pm It's possible that they are not interviewing anyone who is furloughed hence it being volunteers or Ian.
Ian to replace Mo as our centre half?
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

mark thomas wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:51 pm National League have shown no leadership at all, pathetic effort.

Thought it was a good measured interview from Ian, maybe a brief one could be done with Liam re Mo Ali's seeming departure, how George Newell is recovering from injury and maybe the type of players he's looking to bring in?

August will be here before we know it and it was also encouraging to hear that pre-season with fans is the expectation.
LW is furloughed so it may be a bit risky getting director LW to discuss management topics in an interview.
tonyhey
----------
----------

Post by tonyhey »

National League EGM scheduled for Wednesday 26th May to hold a vote of no confidence against the Chairman and the Board. Fingers crossed everyone of them gets kicked out.
mark thomas
----------
----------

Post by mark thomas »

tonyhey wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:10 am National League EGM scheduled for Wednesday 26th May to hold a vote of no confidence against the Chairman and the Board. Fingers crossed everyone of them gets kicked out.
amen to that
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

Thanks to Ian and Rob for the interview.

Mark Ives has now been made the General Manager of the National league, so I can't see him being ousted by any so called "vote of no confidence" by the clubs who have been so disgracefully treated.The fact we are appealing these fines and suspended points deductions, and have so far heard diddly squat from the FA speaks volumes.
As said previously,as in the Premier league-the "big" clubs both in the National League and National North/South are running the show.

Like all other clubs, we understand the problems that the pandemic has brought BUT priority this season for the Port must be totally on the field of play. Liam will surely know that we need to improve ten fold to make any impact in this league? For that reason I'm disappointed to hear that it looks as if Jon McCarthy will still be heavily involved, as I think a fresh voice and pair of eyes are needed to produce a brand of football that Port fans can buy into.
With our top scorer George Newell out for the foreseeable (did he ever receive the donated money-how is he? ) and Mo Ali allegedly saying he is on his way out of SFC, this should far from be a "quiet time " at SFC..
Loads of work to do.
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Post by TrickyDicky »

yellowfever wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:49 pm Thanks to Ian and Rob for the interview.

Mark Ives has now been made the General Manager of the National league, so I can't see him being ousted by any so called "vote of no confidence" by the clubs who have been so disgracefully treated.The fact we are appealing these fines and suspended points deductions, and have so far heard diddly squat from the FA speaks volumes.
As said previously,as in the Premier league-the "big" clubs both in the National League and National North/South are running the show.

Like all other clubs, we understand the problems that the pandemic has brought BUT priority this season for the Port must be totally on the field of play. Liam will surely know that we need to improve ten fold to make any impact in this league? For that reason I'm disappointed to hear that it looks as if Jon McCarthy will still be heavily involved, as I think a fresh voice and pair of eyes are needed to produce a brand of football that Port fans can buy into.
With our top scorer George Newell out for the foreseeable (did he ever receive the donated money-how is he? ) and Mo Ali allegedly saying he is on his way out of SFC, this should far from be a "quiet time " at SFC..
Loads of work to do.
My thoughts on McCarthy likewise, we need some better street wise coaching and some heart and soul on the touch line.
Stratford Excile
----------
----------

Post by Stratford Excile »

Sticking with 'Status Quo" will give us more of the same.

I do not see any improvement on the field with John McCarthy's coaching and I have lost complete confidence in Liam Watson.

We will just be a mid table team with these two at the helm and in charge in charge of playing matters.

Sad but true!
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

Cheer uo folks, change may be on it's way in the league management structure and we may have a good season.
The covid break will have affected all clubs, we have been prudent and looked after our players (as shown by the fine and suspended points deduction, we have got), hopefully the players will repay the club by giving 100%.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

I don't see any change in management happening from the top of the National league-as I've already said.
We've already been crapped on from a great height by them after "looking after" our players and staff during the pandemic so what does that say?
The proposed ESL was only stopped when the big six got rumbled and the "punishment" for the clubs turns out to be a punitive slap on the wrist fine of around £1 million pounds per club. Wow-I bet that really hurts... So do forgive me being sceptical at the chances of a club like SFC finding success again (whatever that equates to)
Peed off football fan.
Liamisdoingagreatjob
----------
----------

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

yellowfever wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:12 pm I don't see any change in management happening from the top of the National league-as I've already said.
We've already been crapped on from a great height by them after "looking after" our players and staff during the pandemic so what does that say?
The proposed ESL was only stopped when the big six got rumbled and the "punishment" for the clubs turns out to be a punitive slap on the wrist fine of around £1 million pounds per club. Wow-I bet that really hurts... So do forgive me being sceptical at the chances of a club like SFC finding success again (whatever that equates to)
Peed off football fan.
Let's invite Mr Ives and his chums (if they survive the vote of no confidence) to a home game after they've fined us (charge them an entry fee of course..why should they freeload into games). Let them face the wrath of the fans and volunteers and feel the anger at their stance rather than hide away in their home counties homes...I'd be happy to be very blunt with them about how unethical their stance is against our club trying to protect its players and community from covid having had a close relative who died from it in the town in that same period....
Of course they undoubtedly won't have the guts to do that...
They are a shameful disgrace.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

Liamisdoingagreatjob wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:24 pm
yellowfever wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:12 pm I don't see any change in management happening from the top of the National league-as I've already said.
Peed off football fan.
Let's invite Mr Ives and his chums (if they survive the vote of no confidence) to a home game after they've fined us (charge them an entry fee of course..why should they freeload into games). Let them face the wrath of the fans and volunteers and feel the anger at their stance rather than hide away in their home counties homes...I'd be happy to be very blunt with them about how unethical their stance is against our club trying to protect its players and community from covid having had a close relative who died from it in the town in that same period....
Of course they undoubtedly won't have the guts to do that...
They are a shameful disgrace.
Well said.
Pethaps we could get Boris to relocate them to the north :twisted:
Kempster911
----------
----------

Post by Kempster911 »

Stratford Excile wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:19 pm Sticking with 'Status Quo" will give us more of the same.

I do not see any improvement on the field with John McCarthy's coaching and I have lost complete confidence in Liam Watson.

We will just be a mid table team with these two at the helm and in charge in charge of playing matters.

Sad but true!
Jon McCarthy simply does as told only to be held as scapegoat for the shambles.
The incumbent opion regarding watson says it all.