Update from Ian Kyle

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Gilbert69
----------
----------

Re: Update from Ian Kyle

Post by Gilbert69 »

Another very good interview with ian well worth a watch . Signings imminent looking like our squad this season will once again be around the 18 - 20 mark
kiaken
----------
----------

Post by kiaken »

Thanks Ian and Rob,nice to get updates from what's going on at club.
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

George Newell was spotted Golfing at a local Golf Club very recently so he must be improving......
Sam
----------
----------

Post by Sam »

Its great to hear from Ian, and thanks to Rob and Ian for doing these.

Ian really does have the finger on the pulse, which I don't think we've had before and I love how he doesn't want these questions beforehand to enable him to answer honestly.
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Sam wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:48 am Shame someone complained about the Walkabouts restarting, but nice to see them back now.
Outrageous, this. What would the complaint have been?! Crazy.
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
cavjj
Carl Soloman
Carl Soloman

Post by cavjj »

Big Mac 1985 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:19 pm
Sam wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:48 am Shame someone complained about the Walkabouts restarting, but nice to see them back now.
My favourite was the guy who used to pop the balls when they landed in his garden.
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

cavjj wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:27 pm
My favourite was the guy who used to pop the balls when they landed in his garden.
That's some real hate right there. Though my Auntie once got so fed up of the kids in her Bootle street kicking a ball in her garden, that she stabbed it with a bread knife and chucked it back. YellowTaxi will know who I'm talking about here, haha.
cavjj
Carl Soloman
Carl Soloman

Post by cavjj »

Big Mac 1985 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:30 pm

That's some real hate right there. Though my Auntie once got so fed up of the kids in her Bootle street kicking a ball in her garden, that she stabbed it with a bread knife and chucked it back. YellowTaxi will know who I'm talking about here, haha.
Oh yeah. And the thing is, the balls we have to use aren't cheap. I think the league requires you buy something like 50 footballs at £75 each at the start of the season. Which is why you always see Dave popping out of the ground when one is kicked over :mrgreen:
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

cavjj wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:38 pm

Oh yeah. And the thing is, the balls we have to use aren't cheap. I think the league requires you buy something like 50 footballs at £75 each at the start of the season. Which is why you always see Dave popping out of the ground when one is kicked over :mrgreen:
You'd think the league and their sponsors would help the clubs out for new balls :idea:
cavjj
Carl Soloman
Carl Soloman

Post by cavjj »

Big Mac 1985 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:40 pm

You'd think the league and their sponsors would help the clubs out for new balls :idea:
To be fair, you wouldn't. I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect a football club to be able to purchase and provide regulation match balls. The main gripe is they use ones that are so bloody expensive.
Port on the Kent
----------
----------

Post by Port on the Kent »

Which one of you virgins complained about smoking, I am going to steal your dinner money and flush your head down the bogs.
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

Totally understand the gripe with balls landing in this guys garden.

When he first bought the place in 1904 there was no football ground there - just a beautiful view over some fields.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

cavjj wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:17 pm

To be fair, you wouldn't. I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect a football club to be able to purchase and provide regulation match balls. The main gripe is they use ones that are so bloody expensive.
Who chooses the balls? The league or the club?
If the club are paying for them then surely any regulation match ball should suffice.
But if the league are insisting on a specific ball from a specific manufacturer because that brand has paid for the privilege of being the "official match ball" for the league then surely the manufacturer should be supplying those balls free to the clubs.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Ste_B wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:29 pm Totally understand the gripe with balls landing in this guys garden.

When he first bought the place in 1904 there was no football ground there - just a beautiful view over some fields.
Ah but the only residence to buy in Ash Lane in 1904 was Ash Farm which was gone 20 years later.
Maybe it's the ghost of the farmer who thinks the leather balls were made from his cattle....
Gloucester
----------
----------

Post by Gloucester »

mark thomas wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:30 am
tonyhey wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:10 am National League EGM scheduled for Wednesday 26th May to hold a vote of no confidence against the Chairman and the Board. Fingers crossed everyone of them gets kicked out.
amen to that
Yes they need removing
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

Do you honestly think the league have any idea what balls are, if they did they might have shown some last season :ugeek:
cavjj
Carl Soloman
Carl Soloman

Post by cavjj »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:47 pm Who chooses the balls? The league or the club?
The league. They're specific designs manufactured for the competition.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

cavjj wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:08 pm
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:47 pm Who chooses the balls? The league or the club?
The league. They're specific designs manufactured for the competition.
So the league have agreed a deal with a manufacturer that costs each club approx £3750 per year?
I thought sponsorship was supposed to work the other way round!
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

cavjj wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:17 pm

I think you've just argued with yourself here :lol:
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

I hope these expensive match balls are going to be transported onto the pitch by remote control car this season. If we can get the car sponsored we may recover the cost of the balls.