Southport 0- 2 Huddersfield

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Re: Southport 0- 2 Huddersfield

Post by portexileinbath »

GeorgeCarrExcavation wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:12 pm
tomherold wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:52 pm Would be nice to try and string a couple of passes together second half rather than smash it long to Carver at every opportunity
:(
A lot of credit should be given to the groundstaff for the quality of the playing surface. It would be a shame to ruin it by rolling a football around on it.
Gloucester
----------
----------

Post by Gloucester »

A decent result against a good side it appears.
bnek
----------
----------

Post by bnek »

Doesn't really matter to us but Huddersfield are not a strong Championship side, anything but. They struggled last season and wouldn't be surprised to see them style again.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

bnek wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:06 pm Doesn't really matter to us but Huddersfield are not a strong Championship side, anything but. They struggled last season and wouldn't be surprised to see them style again.
They are at least three and a half divisions above us!.
From what i have seen so far this season, we look reasonably good. Only time will tell
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

YELLOWTAXI wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:23 pm I believe they are the squad numbers for the squad this season, not today's team.
They don't change them for every game. Those that played had the numbers shown on the chart, although I am not 100% sure as to whether number 10 was George Newell or not.
sandgrounder6

Post by sandgrounder6 »

Just to clarify, the list above are the numbers the players will wear this coming season throughout the season. So if Niall starts he will wear Number 17 etc. The players who were here last season have retained the number they wore last season. Number 10 yesterday was a triallist using George's shirt from last season.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:48 pm A Town fan on their forum is pleased that they made us look non-League at times.
If it was only "at times" rather than the full 90 minutes I'd take that as a compliment seeing as we ARE non-League.
I know it was only a pre season game but I think things look quire hopeful for the coming season !. Any idea what the attendace was ?
Hat Trick Patrick
----------
----------

Post by Hat Trick Patrick »

Some great "behind the scenes" shots of the ground and the match, from a Huddersfield view, point, in this production from HTTV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz4vCheA5VA
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Post by TrickyDicky »

Hat Trick Patrick wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:59 pm Some great "behind the scenes" shots of the ground and the match, from a Huddersfield view, point, in this production from HTTV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz4vCheA5VA
Thanks, watched it and agree wholeheartedly 👍
Brianm
----------
----------

Post by Brianm »

The attendance has not been announced on this occasion, but to me it looked very similar to that at the Blackpool game which was around 1,050. Thanks must go to the Huddersfield fans, probably around 400, who contributed nicely to our finances.