Brackley Town 1-0 Southport - Match Thread

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Re: Brackley Town 1-0 Southport - Match Thread

Post by portexileinbath »

superbike999 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:34 pm Not sure why you have picked on Yellow Taxi, his comments make it clear that he is not one of the moaners
I wasn't picking on him/her, far from it, i was echoing and elaborating on their comments.
Phila9037
----------
----------

Post by Phila9037 »

john riley wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:16 pm Why so many negative comments Southport Visiter Thursday 9th September Southport still exceeding expectation
Obviously knows what he is talking about though

Main supporter of the succesful BACK THE BID and look how far much further on as club we are after that great campaign
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

SteH90 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:51 pm
Ste_B wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:15 pm
Brianm wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:05 am We must bring in a couple of experienced loan players immediately if we have no cash to bring in permanent signings. Liam is supposed to know the local non-League like the back of his hand, so bring a couple of players in. Where are our supposed friends, Liam, John Cole and the like?
If any clubs above us had any unwanted experienced players they'd have likely shifted them a few months ago, and no clubs in the leagues below are going to lend us their best players for a month.
‘Experienced players’ perhaps not but ‘players’ are being loaned to clubs in our League. I’m sure there’s feelers out there and expect players to come in this week as not having enough players for the bench isn’t a good look. It also means those who are selected for the first XI are having to play full matches. A few of our opponents so far have had 20-24 players in their squads so may want to give players short spells out playing matches.
I don’t disagree, but Brian wants a couple of experienced loanees which I was suggesting is an unrealistic expectation.

I’d expect any agreement to be the usual younger player on the fringe of a team above us, and the usual criticism from our ‘supporters’ about loaning untried and untested youngsters.

The other issue of course is that teams aren’t likely to want to send players to us just for them to sit on our bench.
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

Yes, Ste_B, agree that if we get players in they will be youngsters on the fringes of first teams in Leagues 1,2 or the National League. Very unlikely to get experienced players coming to us on loan. There’s some advantages to a smaller squad (players don’t feel left out, better camaraderie & no unhappy non-playing squad members spoiling the mood) but currently it looks naive because we have 12 fit players - we need 16 for match day so surely a squad of 20 is more feasible than 18? Of course, cost is a factor in that.
Michael
----------
----------

Post by Michael »

[quote="Any Port In A Storm" post_ I admire people who back the club no matter what but those people will be saying there is no need to panic when we are playing Hesketh Casuals on Meols Park in the district league and won't hear a bad word said. It's been repeated but the injured substitute issue IS an embarrassment and yet there seems no rush to bring a body or two in. Stinks a bit.
[/quote]
Excuse me for asking but I used to play for Hesketh Casuals. We played at Preston New Road in the Lancashire Amateur League. Have things changed since my day?
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Michael wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:14 pm Excuse me for asking but I used to play for Hesketh Casuals. We played at Preston New Road in the Lancashire Amateur League. Have things changed since my day?
No, they are still in the Lancs Amateur League but there's time for them to slump to the district league at the same time we do. :o
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
george
----------
----------

Post by george »

Don't panic, trust in LW,it will be all OK,plenty of games, use the loan market, ect,ect,that's the attitude that has the club where it is today,
I don't have the answers, but I have plenty of questions
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

If LW is trolling through available loan players (which I àm sure he is) he is unlikely to advertise it especially if a signing is imminent.
As for signing more players permanently, i would guess the total cost per player per year to be in the region of 25k, which requires sbout another 100 through the turnstiles, per player.