Lanc Trophy v Daisy Hill

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
John Glendenning
Best Landlord Ever
Best Landlord Ever

Re: Lanc Trophy v Daisy Hill

Post by John Glendenning »

Liamsbodyguard wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:40 pm Tough little game last night thought daisy hill gave us a game. Can anyone though answer this question why oh why oh why on a chilly night dampish night did the club not open the jack Carr stand instead of dumping us in the blowick end of the the ground,come guys bit more thought to your supporters regarding health and wellbeing for us flu , pneumonia COVID knocking about A bit of shelter wouldn't have great for those of us who prefer to stand 🤧
Come on fella - it was "different" seeing the match from that end - wasn't it?! I did predict that we would only score once we were kicking towards the JC Stand and I almost gave you my hot chocolate (but missed) :lol: What more could you ask for? (apart from a better class of head cold).
george
----------
----------

Post by george »

I don't care whether we throw the ball long or not,if it helps us out of this tin pot league then great, but using an example from 36 years ago is a bit tenuous to say the least
Football has evolved alot since then,southport fc has not.
Sam
----------
----------

Post by Sam »

george wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:37 pm Football has evolved alot since then,southport fc has not.
So you're conveniently ignoring the fact Liverpool have a throws coach?

Sounds like you're the one who needs to evolve.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

george wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:37 pm I don't care whether we throw the ball long or not,if it helps us out of this tin pot league then great, but using an example from 36 years ago is a bit tenuous to say the least
Evolved?
Can you explain what you mean by that in relation to football tactics?
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

george wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:37 pm I don't care whether we throw the ball long or not,if it helps us out of this tin pot league then great, but using an example from 36 years ago is a bit tenuous to say the least
How can you say we have not evolved, what would you like us to do ?.
We have a tactic that is bringing in loads of goals, what's not to like ?.
It would be great to see a player like Mo Salah in yellow scything through defences like a knife through butter but sadly he isn't available, so we have to make the best of what we have got / can afford and the long throw is part of that. It makes no difference how beautiful a goal is, it still only counts as one !. Sit back and enjoy watching us climb up the table.
Hat Trick Patrick
----------
----------

Post by Hat Trick Patrick »

Quite extensive highlights of the game on here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bq4N6dLGL8