General Manager at AFC Fylde

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Ste_B
----------
----------

General Manager at AFC Fylde

Post by Ste_B »

https://jobsinfootball.com/job/20180/ge ... -football/

“This is a ”hands on role” and requires hands on leadership from the front so “delegators” and “office dwellers” please don't apply. If not already apparent, we are not a Premiership Club and therefore every penny and every fan has to be fought for and respected. You will need to be proactive in your approach to everything. We work hard at Fylde so again don't apply if you are looking for “a work life balance” or have to pick the kids up from school twice a week at 3.30.”

Wow… :shock: :D
PortDan1121
----------
----------

Re: General Manager at AFC Fylde

Post by PortDan1121 »

Ste_B wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:28 pm https://jobsinfootball.com/job/20180/ge ... -football/

“This is a ”hands on role” and requires hands on leadership from the front so “delegators” and “office dwellers” please don't apply. If not already apparent, we are not a Premiership Club and therefore every penny and every fan has to be fought for and respected. You will need to be proactive in your approach to everything. We work hard at Fylde so again don't apply if you are looking for “a work life balance” or have to pick the kids up from school twice a week at 3.30.”

Wow… :shock: :D
I’ve seen it all now :?
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

So shocked i let a piece of stilton fall off my cheese knife, straight into my coffee cup (at least it missed the glass).
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

"This job can no longer be found"

I wonder why?
Churchtown Yellow
----------
----------

Post by Churchtown Yellow »

Brentford are advertising for an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Executive - maybe Fylde could do with one of them!
Liamisdoingagreatjob
----------
----------

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:29 am "This job can no longer be found"

I wonder why?
Made the bbc website......Nice bit of publicity for the club that wanted to play on during covid...

As for valuing every fan I didn't feel valued as an away fan when I went there...hence I didn't go back this season. And probably saved myself 20 quid that would otherwise have gone towards their 2023 football league efforts.....win win for me.
mark thomas
----------
----------

Post by mark thomas »

it reads like a Reynholm Industries vacancy..
joebloggs
----------
----------

Post by joebloggs »

kiaken
----------
----------

Post by kiaken »

Liamisdoingagreatjob wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:03 pm
Exiled Port Fan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:29 am "This job can no longer be found"

I wonder why?
Made the bbc website......Nice bit of publicity for the club that wanted to play on during covid...

As for valuing every fan I didn't feel valued as an away fan when I went there...hence I didn't go back this season. And probably saved myself 20 quid that would otherwise have gone towards their 2023 football league efforts.....win win for me.
Exactly my view also. Not going there again.
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Horrible little arrogant club 🤮
PortDan1121
----------
----------

Post by PortDan1121 »

Always good to read their employee reviews on LinkedIn before applying for these things. If you want a good laugh on a Wednesday night, here you go

https://uk.indeed.com/cmp/Afc-Fylde/reviews
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

Can't imagine a statue of the owners lasting long....
I presume modern slavery is still non pc.
Hat Trick Patrick
----------
----------

Post by Hat Trick Patrick »

Came accross this Vlog on Youtube which describes Fylde as "The Most Hated Team In Non-League Football". It gives a good insight into the club's "rise", and Haythornethwaite's character. I found it very enlightening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAd46RuExeQ