You're a Southport supporter?!

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
User avatar
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:48 pm

Re: You're a Southport supporter?!

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Michael wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:49 am
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:20 pm
michael wrote: I agree it is not always one way traffic but to infer Trowbridge passed us on the way down is clearly incorrect as they were never above us.
Jesus wept! How many times do you need to be presented with the same facts?
Trowbridge Town were in the Alliance Premier League for 3 years (1981-1984) whilst we were at the level below in the Northern Premier League

https://www.fchd.info/TROWBRIT.HTM
https://www.fchd.info/SOUTHPOR.HTM
And they went bust in 1998. A new club was formed and entered the Wiltshire County League in 1999 where they remain to this day. To use Trowbridge as an example of a club passing us on the way down purely on the basis of a mere 3 years in the Conference when we were in the Northern Premier is ridiculous. Indeed, your reference to ' little old Trowbridge' (your words) destroys your argument.
Don't let the facts ruin a good story.
They passed us on the way down before 1998.
That is a fact.
There's nothing ridiculous about using a club that passed us on the way down as an example of a club that passed us on the way down.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:50 pm

Re: You're a Southport supporter?!

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Michael wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:49 am To use Trowbridge as an example of a club passing us on the way down purely on the basis of a mere 3 years in the Conference when we were in the Northern Premier is ridiculous.
How many years as a conference side is required then?
portexileinbath
----------
----------
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:27 am

Re: You're a Southport supporter?!

Post by portexileinbath »

And in yellow corner....
Michae, RR has a habit of being right !.
We should be talking about how much better the team is doing, red cards, missed pens, lack of fans, squad size, a statue of LW if we get to the play offs. .......... Or as my mother would have said,"play nicely you two" :-).
portexileinbath
----------
----------
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:27 am

Re: You're a Southport supporter?!

Post by portexileinbath »

And in yellow corner....
Michae, RR has a habit of being right !.
We should be talking about how much better the team is doing, red cards, missed pens, lack of fans, squad size, a statue of LW if we get to the play offs. .......... Or as my mother would have said,"play nicely you two" :-).
Michael
----------
----------
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:23 pm

Re: You're a Southport supporter?!

Post by Michael »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:31 pm
Michael wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:49 am To use Trowbridge as an example of a club passing us on the way down purely on the basis of a mere 3 years in the Conference when we were in the Northern Premier is ridiculous.
How many years as a conference side is required then?
That's not the point. What I have tried to explain ( and clearly failed) is that the history and standing of the two teams makes comparisons meaningless. Chalk and cheese come to mind. :)
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:50 pm

Re: You're a Southport supporter?!

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

If history and standing mean nothing, then we have always been at the same level as York and Salford have always been better than us?

We have always been at war with Eastasia etc etc
Post Reply