Spennymoor v Southport FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Rd

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
yellowfever
----------
----------

Spennymoor v Southport FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Rd

Post by yellowfever »

Good luck to Liam,Jon and the team tomorrow..
A "big" match-it goes with out saying ...
Lets all hope that last week's frustrating events are taken out tomorrow on our opponents -in the right way...They all have to play with their heads as well as their hearts and hope for once we get the "breaks"during the 90+ minutes.
The weather forecast sounds rubbish so lets hope there's no problem with that.
Up the Port.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Re: Spennymoor v Southport FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Rd

Post by portexileinbath »

I hope everyone appreciates how tough a fixture this is and a loss is a possibility, Hopefully not though. A win or even a draw would do wonders for the morale and may even cheer up some of the disgruntled moaners.
tonyhey
----------
----------

Post by tonyhey »

Hoping for a draw at least, but we will need to be aware that playing up in the North East, it will be 12 against 11.
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

portexileinbath wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:11 am I hope everyone appreciates how tough a fixture this is and a loss is a possibility, Hopefully not though. A win or even a draw would do wonders for the morale and may even cheer up some of the disgruntled moaners.
I don't know where you are coming from, we are bottom of the table what do you expect high praise? People complain because they care where this club is heading the signs are not good so what to do sit & your hands & hope for a miracle? Or question what's happening & are the signs of revival showing through, performances I have seen are encouraging but as yet we have won 1 game this season, don't let sentiment get in the way of fact. Have a lovely day......
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

Alan Spences Pupil wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:08 am
portexileinbath wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:11 am I hope everyone appreciates how tough a fixture this is and a loss is a possibility, Hopefully not though. A win or even a draw would do wonders for the morale and may even cheer up some of the disgruntled moaners.
I don't know where you are coming from, we are bottom of the table what do you expect high praise? People complain because they care where this club is heading the signs are not good so what to do sit & your hands & hope for a miracle? Or question what's happening & are the signs of revival showing through, performances I have seen are encouraging but as yet we have won 1 game this season, don't let sentiment get in the way of fact. Have a lovely day......
Spot on.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

You must agree it would be impossible to pick a more difficult opening series of games than we have had so far this season (even the FA cup has thrown up 2 very hard fixtures).
Things will change rapidly as other sides go through the same run of games that we have. Look at Curzon, do you think their excellent start will continue when they start to play thr "big teams" ?
Sgreen1234
Call Me Steve
Call Me Steve

Post by Sgreen1234 »

A wild weather day on Spennymoor - what more could you wish for? Maybe our hoof tactics could reap dividends in this weather? I fancy us to draw and then beat them in the replay.
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

portexileinbath wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:55 pm You must agree it would be impossible to pick a more difficult opening series of games than we have had so far this season (even the FA cup has thrown up 2 very hard fixtures).
Things will change rapidly as other sides go through the same run of games that we have. Look at Curzon, do you think their excellent start will continue when they start to play thr "big teams" ?
I really don't mean to be rude to you, but at this level we should be the ones others fear not, with respect to the might of Curzon, looking up at them in the table.....McCarthy has left the building that's a start....lets hope things improve rapidly from now on in...we all want the 'port to turn the corner sooner rather than later.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

I get the impression that even with the most attentive of butlers your glass would always be nearly empty. :-)
cobby7
----------
----------

Post by cobby7 »

When I saw the team for today I was encouraged.
I like many others felt a draw would be good.
The games I have seen this season make me confident we can do ok this season.
I think we have a good squad now but it is not big enough .
Woods,Watson and Newell are the sort of forwards I like and I don’t know how we managed to sign Carver .
But we won’t be able to manage injuries or suspensions or
Heavy workload.
I disagree with the hoof all comments I think we are playing to feet and wingers much more this season.
Great result today see you Tuesday and a win.
becbee
----------
----------

Post by becbee »

Ultimately every club has to play everybody home and away, it's no use bemoaning who the opponents are any particular week. These other clubs are merely NLN clubs, they are not world beaters.
And of course, when you're bottom, every club is above you so according to the league table, "are better".
David999
----------
----------

Post by David999 »

Some fair points there becbee but the observations on opponents are not on a weeks evidence but from the start of the season up to now - Sfc have faced only the “top” teams either on last years table or in resources - that even extended to the fa cup recently / we just wonder how any computer can roll out that kind of list / though we know no one looks at what any individual club gets except it’s own supporters . It would have been impossible to invent a harder start or so it seems !