Spennymoor 0-0 Southport - I'm coming down with a bad case of Cup Fever - Match Thread

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
superbike999
----------
----------

Re: Spennymoor V Southport - I'm coming down with a bad case of Cup Fever - Match Thread

Post by superbike999 »

TEAM NEWS

Southport Football Club
@southport_fc

Our line up this afternoon:

1 Cam Mason,
2 Charlie Oliver,
3 Jack Doyle,
5 Adam Anson, (Capt)
6 Doug Tharme,
9 Jordan Archer,
11 Marcus Carver,
14 Chris Doyle,
15 Josh Hmami,
16 Dylan Vassallo
18 Jack Bainbridge

SUBS

1 Tony McMillan
8 Charlie Munro
7 Connor Woods
17 Niall Watson
12 Issac Buckley-Ricketts
David999
----------
----------

Re: Spennymoor V Southport - I'm coming down with a bad case of Cup Fever - Match Thread

Post by David999 »

Straight away the home commentators say how unusual that our team don’t have names on shirts - in my opinion we immediately look second best - sure it can’t cost that much!
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Re: Spennymoor 0-0 Southport - I'm coming down with a bad case of Cup Fever - Match Thread

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

Absolutely. We look like a park team. Somebody get an estimate of the cost and let’s have a whip round.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Re: Spennymoor 0-0 Southport - I'm coming down with a bad case of Cup Fever - Match Thread

Post by portexileinbath »

Good looking ladies are mot necessarily the best in bed (and vice versa and versa vice, i am sure)..
I will contribute
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

Amazed how much it matters to anyone.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Ste_B wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:19 pm Amazed how much it matters to anyone.
Makes it easier for scouts and fans to see who's who. There must be enough of us willing to throw in a few quid each ?
John Glendenning
Best Landlord Ever
Best Landlord Ever

Post by John Glendenning »

Good result for the lads. Well done :-)
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Thungs are certainly heading in the right direction. A win would have been a fantastic result but a draw is still good, although our small sqaud could do without another tough replay, the extra cash will be helpful.
Wonder who we will get away in the next round
mark thomas
----------
----------

Post by mark thomas »

good result and another clean sheet, well done to Liam and the players.
kiaken
----------
----------

Post by kiaken »

Why are we worried about names on shirts,never had them at this level before. More worried about position in League. Well done today Port and good turn out by fans.
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

Sandgrounder SE wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:20 pm Absolutely. We look like a park team. Somebody get an estimate of the cost and let’s have a whip round.
I offered to pay for it (on here) but no response from the club.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

mark thomas wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:01 pm good result and another clean sheet, well done to Liam and the players.
Very well said. No reason why we should be too worried about a home replay
Weather in Bath is awful, so no fishing tonight, think i may get some brandy to go with the Taylors 20 year old and have an evening listening to music.
A happy Port fan.
Sgreen1234
Call Me Steve
Call Me Steve

Post by Sgreen1234 »

We'll take that.

I guess the reasons we don't have names on shirts is that we don't have squad numbers in this league. It would undoubtably be expensive to have several shirts / sizes etc for each number with a few different names that could potentially play in that position. By the same token, we cant put them on per game either.
David999
----------
----------

Post by David999 »

Great offer R R - I commented on names as prompted by immediate surprise by their commentators as we appeared “ unusual in this league now not to have names “ - is ownership of a shirt with your name not a cause for pride - especially if it’s paid for by supporters ?
David999
----------
----------

Post by David999 »

Great result today - never an easy place to go - we even got hammered as a league club there in the distant past .
Sgreen1234
Call Me Steve
Call Me Steve

Post by Sgreen1234 »

David999 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:14 pm Great offer R R - I commented on names as prompted by immediate surprise by their commentators as we appeared “ unusual in this league now not to have names “ - is ownership of a shirt with your name not a cause for pride - especially if it’s paid for by supporters ?
How do other teams cope if players change position though. For example, Connor Woods has number 7 but he's out injured so someone else wears 7 and that player may play another week at right back or something and wear 2. #confused I'm assuming we have to wear 1-11 or is that not the case?
Ronnie Hotdogs
BASTARD
BASTARD

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

We've got squad numbers now.

Good result, couldn't go but sounded like we had a few chances to nick it. Let's hope for a decent draw.
I am at my most DANGEROUS and EFFECTIVE when UNDERESTIMATED.
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

Redrobe fan wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:05 pm
Sandgrounder SE wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:20 pm Absolutely. We look like a park team. Somebody get an estimate of the cost and let’s have a whip round.
Do you expect the club to chase up such offers made by anonymous people on message boards?

If you’re serious about making such a generous offer then you should contact them directly.
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

Ste_B wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:38 pm
Redrobe fan wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:05 pm
Do you expect the club to chase up such offers made by anonymous people on message boards?

If you’re serious about making such a generous offer then you should contact them directly.
Thats nonsense.

I'm not anonymous. I'm a shareholder and player sponsor and they know who I am. All they had to do was pm me.
Because of your pettyness, I withdraw my offer.