Southport v Spennymoor Town REPLAY -FA Cup 3rd Qual - Radio Commentary

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

It is highly likely that Durham OnAir will be broadcasting commentary of the replay on Tuesday evening. They profess to broadcast all Spennymoor Town matches. Their schedule shows sport from 1900 hours and I would expect the commentary to start about 1930 hours.

Download the station’s app to listen to Durham OnAir wherever you are in the country. Using the app, you can also listen in your car through your cars phone connection system.

Go to your Apple App Store or the Google Play Store and search for “Durham OnAir”

https://www.durhamonair.com/tuesday
superbike999
----------
----------

Re: Southport v Spennymoor Town REPLAY -FA Cup 3rd Qual - Radio Commentary

Post by superbike999 »

=
Gloucester
----------
----------

Post by Gloucester »

Thanks it’s such a pity the club does nothing in this regard.
Gloucester
----------
----------

Post by Gloucester »

Gloucester wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:27 am Thanks it’s such a pity the club does nothing in this regard that we have to rely on other clubs like Spennymoor, Leamington,Hereford etc etc.
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Post by TrickyDicky »

Gloucester wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:27 am Thanks it’s such a pity the club does nothing in this regard.
It’s not Spennymoor FC Radio, it’s their local radio station, nothing to do with club. We’ve don’t have a local radio station interested enough to do a similar coverage unfortunately. The media VOLUNTEERS we have do their very best and are pulled out as it is, yes it’s a pity, a pity we don’t get crowds of over 1000 and a pity we don’t have adequate cover on the popular side and a pity we don’t have the resources to tick everybody’s wish list.
PortDan1121
----------
----------

Post by PortDan1121 »

Gloucester wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:27 am Thanks it’s such a pity the club does nothing in this regard.
The more people at the ground, the more guaranteed and potential revenue for the club. A radio commentary especially if it rains tonight for example would keep more people at home instead of drawing them to the ground. It is expensive to get a media company in to do a live stream/radio stream, something which the club cannot afford. Especially if only less than 50 people are going to listen to the radio stream, it is also highly cost-ineffective to run this service for free. Im sure the club would much prefer for people to be at the ground getting behind the lads.

The volunteer media team at SFC does a great job at providing Twitter coverage throughout the 90, cant is really expecting any more from a volunteer-based team, as TickyDicky says.
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

I can't understand why they don't use Scribble instead of Tw@tter. It's far more professional and refreshes automatically.
Rob Urwin has previously done the occasional audio commentary, which have been excellent.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

superbike999 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:00 pm I can't understand why they don't use Scribble instead of Tw@tter. It's far more professional and refreshes automatically.
Rob Urwin has previously done the occasional audio commentary, which have been excellent.
Totally agree about scribble.
Dicko's Gloves
----------
----------

Post by Dicko's Gloves »

portexileinbath wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:30 pm
superbike999 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:00 pm I can't understand why they don't use Scribble instead of Tw@tter. It's far more professional and refreshes automatically.
Totally agree about scribble.
I also really enjoyed scribble and found it an excellent service
Jonny Smith
----------
----------

Post by Jonny Smith »

Scribble it live was a superb service amd whoever was running it at SFC did a superb job. I miss it dearly
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

Google keeps making me prove that I am not a bot by identifying blurred pictures of water hydrants and busses, because of how often I refresh pages whilst keeping up with the score, a real pain in the ......
I appreciate that twitter widespread but so was the plague in days of yore.
Scribble please !
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

If we had a poll on Scibble v Twitter. would the powers that be, take heed of the result?