Southport 3-2 Spennymoor - Match Thread

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
cavjj
Carl Soloman
Carl Soloman

Re: Southport 3-2 Spennymoor - Match Thread

Post by cavjj »

SteH90 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:46 am Hi BigMac1985 - i know you were referring to another poster but personally, I used Devachat to illustrate how forums don’t reflect reality - the situation both at Haig Avenue & Chester isn’t necessarily reflected accurately on forums.
Too often on here, posts are either outright criticism because we’ve lost or people goading those critics when we win rather than talking about the great efforts of the players!
It should be pointed out that all opinions are valid and we can disagree without falling out and those with a different opinion being open to mockery. It’s a long time ago but that used to happen before social media!

Portchat rule 1a:

"Football forums are well known to be the arse end of the internet, full of nonsense, lies and conjecture. Portchat does not pretend to be any different. User discretion is advised."
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

SteH90 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:46 am Hi BigMac1985 - i know you were referring to another poster but personally, I used Devachat to illustrate how forums don’t reflect reality - the situation both at Haig Avenue & Chester isn’t necessarily reflected accurately on forums.
Too often on here, posts are either outright criticism because we’ve lost or people goading those critics when we win rather than talking about the great efforts of the players!
It should be pointed out that all opinions are valid and we can disagree without falling out and those with a different opinion being open to mockery. It’s a long time ago but that used to happen before social media!
Cheers SteH - I don't disagree with any of this above and I actually think we're on the same page. I just struggle to see why some would want to give a toss about Chester's loss when we've just arguably had our best win of the season.
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

cavjj wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:52 am

Portchat rule 1a:

"Football forums are well known to be the arse end of the internet, full of nonsense, lies and conjecture. Portchat does not pretend to be any different. User discretion is advised."
Hahaha
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

cavjj wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:52 am

Portchat rule 1a:

Definitely!
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

Big Mac 1985 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:55 am
Cheers SteH - I don't disagree with any of this above and I actually think we're on the same page. I just struggle to see why some would want to give a toss about Chester's loss when we've just arguably had our best win of the season.
Agree we’re on the same page but there’s that old saying ‘there’s nowt so weird as folk’, me included! I’m sure there’s a corner of Devachat devoted to celebrating our Cup form…..
yellosoul
----------
----------

Post by yellosoul »

Now that was a real cup tie! Under the lights, inclement weather. scrappy goals, missed penalty, straight red card, fighting players at the end..

Such a pity so few witnessed it

Hmani and Bainbridge stood out in midfield (not often I've thought that about our midfielders recently) Carver never stopped being a handful for their 'rugged' defenders and defensively we looked solid apart from the 2 sloppy goals conceded :)

Jack Doyle man of the match for me - there's been talk recently of potential football league players in this squad - Doyle has all the makings of one.

I also thought the referee and linesmen were very good
kiaken
----------
----------

Post by kiaken »

Agree about ref did not rush decisions,gave himself time to have a think before giving cards.tried to let game flow and he took conditions in account.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

For me,some really good posts on the above.Port on the Kent again...
SteH90-take a bow...That's one of the best summings up on Southport FC I've read on here in ages,and says everything.
We should be talking about the players-and if we are then that surely means we are on the right track?
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

yellowfever wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:22 pm For me,some really good posts on the above.Port on the Kent again...
SteH90-take a bow...That's one of the best summings up on Southport FC I've read on here in ages,and says everything.
We should be talking about the players-and if we are then that surely means we are on the right track?
(Blushes slightly) - the effort the players are putting in is mentioned by Liam in his interview and he reckons we’ve only had one bad half in 10 matches. Their hard work and camaraderie deserves all our praise.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

Some excellent summing up by many.
Good to see that people are starting to realise the promise we have as a team and squad. Hopefully this will encourage larger crowds.
Hat Trick Patrick
----------
----------

Post by Hat Trick Patrick »

portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

Even happier than last night now.
David999
----------
----------

Post by David999 »

I know spennymor we’re covered by independent radio but I listened to radio Merseyside’s 7 am news - big space for chesters no show at home amd marine covered but true to form NO mention of us - I know they only give us passing mentions but that omission was so stark - no improvement there then !
Sundance
----------
----------

Post by Sundance »

The pen actually hits the post and then bounces off the keeper’s chest. It was not a great save by Dale Eves but a lucky ricochet. Unlucky Marcus, good pen but too accurate.
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

David999 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:31 pm I know spennymor we’re covered by independent radio but I listened to radio Merseyside’s 7 am news - big space for chesters no show at home amd marine covered but true to form NO mention of us - I know they only give us passing mentions but that omission was so stark - no improvement there then !
Not surprised really because Southport is in Lancashire 😉
badger
----------
----------

Post by badger »

Big Mac 1985 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:17 am
David999 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:31 pm I know spennymor we’re covered by independent radio but I listened to radio Merseyside’s 7 am news - big space for chesters no show at home amd marine covered but true to form NO mention of us - I know they only give us passing mentions but that omission was so stark - no improvement there then !
Very good win pity we can not get back on Radio Lancashire. :o
tonyhey
----------
----------

Post by tonyhey »

And Chester is in Cheshire.
kiaken
----------
----------

Post by kiaken »

Don't forget m,side reporter Chester fan. Also they are not in Merseyside but always been this way.
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Thanks for letting me know Chester is in Cheshire.
old gold and black
----------
----------

Post by old gold and black »

So is Liverpool, Merseyside is only an Administration Area not a county!