York City away

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
yellowfever
----------
----------

York City away

Post by yellowfever »

Another club in this league who won't be getting a penny of my money..
I remember a chat with one of their supporters in the old Blowick pub prior to the final game of the 2006/07 season who said they were "Football league" and were just passing through the Conference..They beat us with the dodgiest Clayton Donaldson penalty you could wish to see- a supposed Mike Powell handball if memory serves me correctly? We went down and they started a brief revival.. Well,here we both are 14 years later in the same league -lower still...
Careful what you wish for.. Gary Mills etc..

Success for the Port this season is a continuation of what we've seen recently-and hopefully building on it.
Key over the season is to see a fit Connor Woods who is undoubtably a match winner and can follow Dion Charles into the EFL, BUT with that run of matches that he needs.
Regardless,there are encouraging partnerships being built over the pitch-in defence, midfield and up top and long may that continue.
Good luck to all involved tommorow.
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Re: York City away

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

The 2-1 win in March/April 2012 though, that was one of those days that makes supporting a team through the rubbish days worth it.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:40 pm The 2-1 win in March/April 2012 though, that was one of those days that makes supporting a team through the rubbish days worth it.
Spot on-great weekend..

I despair at some of our fans who have totally forgotten how to enjoy a win..and before anybody comes on saying we don't get many-even more reason to celebrate when we do win...! It's a change in mentality that I think Southport FC HAS to change and lets hope we could be starting that now..
For what it's worth,I think it may be become a more regular "problem" for some of those fans in the future...
Gloucester
----------
----------

Post by Gloucester »

Yellow fever makes an interesting point he’s not alone in boycotting York City’s extortionate prices. Kidderminster fans didn’t travel in their usual numbers and other clubs supporters are doing the same. If you can’t travel on a club coach it’s £25 for NLN football!!!!
Clubs need to remember people have done other things during covid and when they see silly prices like these they are thinking is it worth it?
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

Gloucester wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:07 pm Yellow fever makes an interesting point he’s not alone in boycotting York City’s extortionate prices. Kidderminster fans didn’t travel in their usual numbers and other clubs supporters are doing the same. If you can’t travel on a club coach it’s £25 for NLN football!!!!
Clubs need to remember people have done other things during covid and when they see silly prices like these they are thinking is it worth it?
Lets hope we give their fans an entertaining defeat for their money. :idea: