Club Statement on player abuse

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Club Statement on player abuse

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Having just seen the statement I am angered by the incident occurring but pleased by the clubs swift stance.
kiaken
----------
----------

Re: Club Statement on player abuse

Post by kiaken »

Hope it's sorted soon ,no player deserves this.
Jonny Smith
----------
----------

Post by Jonny Smith »

Absolutely disgusting whoever has done it. Hope all gets sorted ASAP
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

It's disgusting..
Whoever is responsible from whichever club is involved, should be weeded out and face the consequences.
Disappointing to hear and my sympathy goes out to that player.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

There is only one (printable) word for these people scum.
They should be banned from social media, football and decent society for life. There is never a reason or excuse for abuse.
old gold and black
----------
----------

Post by old gold and black »

The sooner this scumbag is exposed and made an example of the better.
Sam
----------
----------

Post by Sam »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:34 pm Having just seen the statement I am angered by the incident occurring but pleased by the clubs swift stance.
Totally agree.

Also angered and also the reaction by the club is great and one that i'm sure the player targeted and their teammates will be pleased to see the club on top of it immediately.
exile
----------
----------

Post by exile »

I know there's a tradition of abusing opposition players in football (although I would hope that insults based on racism, sexism, homophobia etc were dying out by now, for god's sake), but who are these idiots who think abusing their own players is going to help anything?

Bloody cavemen... although that might be unfair to cavemen...

If the player(s) involved read this, I hope they realise that such ludicrous views are absolutely not the view of the club's supporters...
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

exile wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:09 pm I know there's a tradition of abusing opposition players in football (although I would hope that insults based on racism, sexism, homophobia etc were dying out by now, for god's sake), but who are these idiots who think abusing their own players is going to help anything?

If the player(s) involved read this, I hope they realise that such ludicrous views are absolutely not the view of the club's supporters...
There's no suggestion our player was abused by one of our own fans. The fact that the incident was reported to York City FC who are assisting in trying to identify the culprit appears to confirm this.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:26 pm
exile wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:09 pm I know there's a tradition of abusing opposition players in football (although I would hope that insults based on racism, sexism, homophobia etc were dying out by now, for god's sake), but who are these idiots who think abusing their own players is going to help anything?

There's no suggestion our player was abused by one of our own fans. The fact that the incident was reported to York City FC who are assisting in trying to identify the culprit appears to confirm this.
Adam Anson has also confirmed this on twitter, “it’s not one of our own”.
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

We may argue among ourselves about, the manager, team selection, the clubs direction and a host of other football related matters, sometime heatedly, sometimes jokingly, that is all well and good, but ANYform of racism or discrimination is wrong and should be severely punished. I hope that is something we can all agree on.
Hopefully the scum involved will have an exceptionally horrid time in prison, followed by a lifetime ban from all sporting events and if the ban is broken, straight back to prison.
Nat
----------
----------

Post by Nat »

I personally think we should get on with life as its to short if it's not racial it's something else what ever grow a pair it's life I'm bald I'm fat I'm coloured there is always something you are what you are it's the others that have a problem 😂😀❤️👍🏼💘🍻
David_1276
----------
----------

Post by David_1276 »

Nat wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:12 pm I personally think we should get on with life as its to short if it's not racial it's something else what ever grow a pair it's life I'm bald I'm fat I'm coloured there is always something you are what you are it's the others that have a problem 😂😀❤️👍🏼💘🍻
That's... just no.

One of our players has received hateful abuse over Twitter purely because of the colour of his skin- he should not just "grow a pair".

You cannot discriminate against someone purely because of their skin colour, let alone have abuse targeted at them because of that and only that. Football and decent society as a whole is trying their level best to eradicate such disgusting behavior but evidently given the incident that happened after Saturday, sadly some people's moral compasses are so far off they think it's okay to say such things.

If you cannot see that, something is seriously wrong. The perpetrator should be brought before a court, and should at the very very least be banned from all live sport for the rest of his life and given a suspended prison sentence.

Whoever it was who received the abuse, on behalf of all Port Chat users, I am sincerely sorry that some people think that this is no more than "taking the mick", so to speak.

Also as Big Mac said- coloured is most certainly not acceptable terminology, AT ALL when referring to someone from a non-white background- just no.
Last edited by David_1276 on Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Nat wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:12 pm I personally think we should get on with life as its to short if it's not racial it's something else what ever grow a pair it's life I'm bald I'm fat I'm coloured there is always something you are what you are it's the others that have a problem 😂😀❤️👍🏼💘🍻
Coloured.

Wow.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Big Mac 1985 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:12 am
Coloured.

Wow.
I am fat long haired and white and to a degree i agree with what you said. These comments may be like water off an Aylesbury duck or raven's back to us but what about kids who get the same abuse and are deeply affected by it, children who can't understand the wherefor or whys ?. So, whilst i respect your comments, no these scum need punishing.
cavjj
Carl Soloman
Carl Soloman

Post by cavjj »

Both PC and myself take significant issue with the term used to refer to ethnicity, no matter what your own is. I'm also not happy to tolerate such an attitude to downplaying racism, and as such we've seen fit to put a permanent ban in place for this post.
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

cavjj wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:55 pm
Both PC and myself take significant issue with the term used to refer to ethnicity, no matter what your own is. I'm also not happy to tolerate such an attitude to downplaying racism, and as such we've seen fit to put a permanent ban in place for this post.
Well done 👏🏻

Also worth noting that no one can tell a person who is the subject of racism how they should feel and react.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

I slightly mistook Nat (gnat more like) and thought he was saying HE was bald, fat etc, hence my reply saying I respected his comments, on re-reading his post I now realise how wrong I was.
I hope the ban will include Haig Ave.
joebloggs
----------
----------

Post by joebloggs »

15 year old arrested by North Yorkshire police .
https://southportfc.net/club-statement-4/
kiaken
----------
----------

Post by kiaken »

Well done Yorkshire police. Just hope this is warning to anyone who thinks it's clever.