Alty Scorer
Dinanga

Attendance: 1385
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Re: Southport v Altrincham Predictions

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

My first live in-person game for 785 days and by then I will not have seen us win for 2017 days, so my gut feeling is a defeat. Sorry
Rls
----------
----------

Post by Rls »

I’m hoping for a win but think it’ll be a 1-1 draw and another replay.

Carver to score

Attendance: 1200

With boisterous and vociferous backing from the Jack Carr End.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

I think it's pretty fair to say that this will be the first time that SFC will be the "underdogs" in our meetings with Altrincham in the FA Cup.
The previous three meetings that I remember going back to 1978 certainly not,so that's a plus for me and to an extent-no pressure on the players.
Obviously we all want to win and we have to go for it on the day IMHO.

Alty have a few injury worries (same for us all) with goalkeeper and local lad Thompson and centre back Mullarkey both coming off injured at Yeovil on Tuesday night.They have recalled goalkeeper Gould and centre back Sutton from loan spells as precautionary but who knows? If the regular keeper Thompson didn't make it then that would be a blow to Alty as the reserve wouldn't be that used to the defenders in front of him -and vice versa so one to watch..having said that- teams usually get patched up one way or another and go again.Either way it's a big Alty squad full of experience both at this level and EFL and I'm sure they won't be phased.Ben Pringle not long ago at Fulham..
End of the day it's how we perform- and everyone from one to eleven will have to be at it.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

The big danger is that that the team will head to Alty, not realising we have a HOME tie :lol:
Our home form is ok, so I predict that we will be in the draw for the next round. There is no reason why we can't win this game, especially if the lads put in the same level of performance as they did against Chorley & Spennymoor.
Result. Port 3 Alty 2 (with a very tense finish).
Goals from Carver & 2 goals from the subs bench for NW & IBR.
Crowd about 36.5% of York's gate against us last week. :shock:
......... Oh and a very quiet weekend for posts from the habitual moaners :roll:
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Post by TrickyDicky »

Tough but a one off game so fingers crossed for a good performance. We really could do without a replay though, looking at the immediate fixture list and the size of our squad. Whatever the outcome we would have negotiated 5 tough FA Cup games, so that’s a real positive and good learning experience for our young team .
Formula Port
----------
----------

Post by Formula Port »

0-2 after 20 minutes
0-3 after 90 minutes
Swedes
----------
----------

Post by Swedes »

I suspect we'll get comfortably beaten.

Southport 1-4 Altrincham

Att: 1241 (217 from Alty which they will claim to be closer to 600).
Port on the Kent
----------
----------

Post by Port on the Kent »

I think we will give it a good go and let nobody down but they will have too much in the end.

They play an extremely possession based style, as we saw against Gateshead when teams get it down and move the ball with pace we do concede plenty of chances.

Southport 1-3 Altrincham

Hmami

Att: 1,276 (186 away)
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

I think we are a decent cup side and will give it a real good go.
We have goals in us, just the back line who rarely get a clean sheet.
Alty are well supported this season, several gates over 2k, but they have generally only brought 200-300 in the past.
Expect 1300 gate and plenty of noise from the JC
Port on the Kent
----------
----------

Post by Port on the Kent »

Ticket purchased, I notice that on the order confirmation email there is an action photo of David Morgan and on the ticket email there is one of Devarn Green. Neither player still at the club!
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

No shame in losing this one and though I'd love a good cup run we can do without more league games being postponed.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Storming1937
----------
----------

Post by Storming1937 »

We won't lose.
Fred M
----------
----------

Post by Fred M »

I was very impressed with Terry McPhillips interview, I am sure he would have been working on tactics in training this week in particular corners and set peace situations I am sure he will pass on his vast experience to our young team and who knows in football the attitude and commitment will have to be spot on to get anything from this game.The last thing we need at the moment is a replay so with the backing of our great support I am going for a narrow win 2 - 1
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Swedes wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:31 pm I suspect we'll get comfortably beaten.

Southport 1-4 Altrincham

If we lose by more than 2 goals, I will forgo my usual cheese, biscuits and port on Saturday evening (trust me, this is a massive sacrifice for me !!!!).
Ps. Have you tried electrotherapy for your depressive outlook ?. A low voltage may make you more positive :shock:
Swedes
----------
----------

Post by Swedes »

portexileinbath wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:05 pm
Swedes wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:31 pm I suspect we'll get comfortably beaten.

Southport 1-4 Altrincham

If we lose by more than 2 goals, I will forgo my usual cheese, biscuits and port on Saturday evening (trust me, this is a massive sacrifice for me !!!!).
Ps. Have you tried electrotherapy for your depressive outlook ?. A low voltage may make you more positive :shock:
There's nothing depressive about being realistic. I'll be as happy as any of us if we win! A big defeat might be good for your cholesterol 🤔
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:03 pm My first live in-person game for 785 days and by then I will not have seen us win for 2017 days, so my gut feeling is a defeat. Sorry
Will you have to drop the first part of your username tomorrow then, EPF?
I’m not one for predictions but I think we can give it a real go and could surprise Alty.
Nat
----------
----------

Post by Nat »

Yellows yellows comon the port lets do this against the odds as usual 😋🍻🍷👍🏼😍👍🏼
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Nat wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:52 pm Yellows yellows comon the port lets do this against the odds as usual 😋🍻🍷👍🏼😍👍🏼
That's the attitude we need !.
Hopefully the constant moaners will be eating humble pie at 16:55 ! (No gravey or custard) and my cheese board will be under severe threat (and the Taylors 20 year old).
One point though, no cheese emoji.

Ps. Swedes, do I need to worry about my cholesterol levels, as my heart is in Southport fc :roll:
brianrooney26
----------
----------

Post by brianrooney26 »

It's likely that we'll be missing several key players (not least our tall centre back Mullarky and possibly both our wingers) so I think the outcome will be close.

I suspect we'll have enough quality to pass you to death, but the only thing I'm certain about is that the away following will be large.