Dion Charles

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Falkland yellow
----------
----------

Dion Charles

Post by Falkland yellow »

If the contract standoff continues and Dion ends the season as a free agent, does that mean we get £0?

What outcome do we need in terms of his contract to maximise ££?

https://the72.co.uk/253405/fresh-report ... anley/amp/
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Re: Dion Charles

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

If I’m not mistaken, we ideally need a cash move in January to make a percentage of any sell-on back. John Coleman doesn’t seem too happy with the situation from what I’ve read. And I think he’s right to dig his heels in. It may not be good for us but to Coleman and Accrington, that’s irrelevant.

Happy to be told otherwise…
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
Ry88
----------
----------

Post by Ry88 »

Leaving in January for a cut price. He won't sign a new contract now without significant guarantees of a release clause. Fallout has been quite bad with poor negotiation/tactics from accringtons side. Port will see something out of the deal when he goes but unfortunately nowhere near to what we could have got.
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

It looks likely that we will lose out and get bugger all. Clubs know his contract is up next summer so he can talk and agree pre contract from January 1st with any club who fancy him. 🙄👎
Brentford looking likely.....
https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/b ... 67653.html
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

Dion Charles not selected for NI Squad

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59154392

World Cup qualifiers: Northern Ireland call-up for Nottingham Forest teenager Dale Taylor
yellosoul
----------
----------

Post by yellosoul »

YELLOWTAXI wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:20 pm It looks likely that we will lose out and get bugger all. Clubs know his contract is up next summer so he can talk and agree pre contract from January 1st with any club who fancy him. 🙄👎
Brentford looking likely.....
https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/b ... 67653.html
Crazy

With due respect, Dion is a million miles away from being of premier league quality
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

Dion Charles not in Accrington team again and not on the 9 man subs bench. The article below is well worth a read. Accy had their main striker Bishop red carded today and were made to pay for it in the result.

https://the72.co.uk/253405/fresh-report ... n-stanley/

Extract:
Accrington Stanley striker Dion Charles remains on a contract stand-off with his club, and now the Northern Irishman could be completely exiled from the squad.
tonyb

Post by tonyb »

Bolton look like they are signing him in jan.
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

Difficult to see Accrington attracting a great many players in the future with this sort of behaviour, which looks a lot like bullying and coercion. Why don’t they play him but put him on the transfer list and invite offers? He’s a wasting asset as it is.

Dion may well be at fault to some degree but that’s not really the point. This is an attempt to coerce a worker into signing a contract which he doesn’t want to sign. Not a million miles from the mindset before the George Eastham ruling sixty years ago.

It’s not as if he was a junior there and they invested a lot of money in his training, the classic justification for compensation.
Last edited by Sandgrounder SE on Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

Bolton are in the same league, but he needs to get out and start playing football
Six figure fee allegedly. Accy asking for 250k
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

I believe that Dion has recently changed his agent-a little bit late though...I can't see Bolton Wanderers having much money to throw around,and to sell to one of your local rivals? Then again Accrington could now be in a situation where they just want him off their books-so who knows?
A poorly managed situation all around really-and someone could be picking up a bargain.

Brentford were very interested in for him but aware that he was "free" in the Summer.Maybe in their falling Premier League position they'll try a cheeky bid in January to bolster their attacking options-and probably get him for still well below the original 1/2 million pounds BUT more than the BWFC's offer.
Still interesting..
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

Just the mention of agents makes my blood boil. Damn Leeches
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Lots of reports on Twitter today saying Dion will sign for Bolton Wanderers next week for in the region of £250/350k.
Port get 25% if rumours are true
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

Is that how it works? I’d have thought it would be a share of the gain Accrington makes. If you bought someone for say£50k and then sold him on for £20k because he was a flop, would the original club still expect a share of the £20k, compounding the second club’s loss?
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

Sandgrounder SE wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:57 am Is that how it works? I’d have thought it would be a share of the gain Accrington makes. If you bought someone for say£50k and then sold him on for £20k because he was a flop, would the original club still expect a share of the £20k, compounding the second club’s loss?
It can be, but in this case I believe it is 25% of the total sale.
Last edited by Ste_B on Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Sandgrounder SE wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:57 am Is that how it works? I’d have thought it would be a share of the gain Accrington makes. If you bought someone for say£50k and then sold him on for £20k because he was a flop, would the original club still expect a share of the £20k, compounding the second club’s loss?
Percentage of the transfer fee not profit.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

On a Bolton Wanderers twitter account that they've signed Dion today.
Looks to be in the region of £300k if true
Last edited by YELLOWTAXI on Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam
----------
----------

Post by Sam »

£75k is a massive help and covers Pennyless Phil's debts.
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... r-22597673

Extract:

"It didn't work out at Fleetwood but when I went to Southport the manager there, Liam Watson, started playing me through the middle rather than out wide.

"I ended up getting a move to Accrington in League One and just kicked on from there. I've got a really good support network around me, people keep me grounded and that helps me a lot."
Falkland yellow
----------
----------

Post by Falkland yellow »

He has of course already scored his first hat-trick at the Bolton University Stadium.

https://youtu.be/glriUqOzGjM