Dion Charles

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Paulisi
----------
----------

Re: Dion Charles

Post by Paulisi »

We assume that the clause is still there as we were cash strapped in the summer and may have done a deal with Accy to buy out the clause.
Liamisdoingagreatjob
----------
----------

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

Paulisi wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:40 am We assume that the clause is still there as we were cash strapped in the summer and may have done a deal with Accy to buy out the clause.
Hopefully didn't do that to pay off the fines imposed by the league....
Dudley86
----------
----------

Post by Dudley86 »

yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

Paulisi wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:40 am We assume that the clause is still there as we were cash strapped in the summer and may have done a deal with Accy to buy out the clause.
Paulisi In this season of goodwill where SFC and it's supporters are all looking for that little late Christmas present(involved with this particular topic) I would try and be the last person to pour cold water all over it-and I do have to ask the question of how and off whom you have come up with this possible conclusion?

What you are saying seems totally bizarre-or is that just me?

On the same subject-where has the alleged 25% sell on fee come from,as the original story was always quoted as 20%? I couldn't see Accrington Stanley ever agreeing to such a generous 25% sell on fee?

If Dion does move this next few days as expected (poor sideways move for him IMPO if BWFC sign him-and the whole agent saga messing up big time on the size of fee that Accy should have got for an International player) then I suggest at the next appropriate interview that Rob asks Liam to confirm whether or not SFC had a sell on fee clause and if the club are now to benefit?
I wouldn't expect any further information-actual money or even the % but just a confirmation that SFC have jut benefitted financially as a club.
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

Why is it bizarre?
I'm speculating, as other clubs have done to realise assets and generate cash flow.

The club had major cash flow issues in the summer.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Paulisi wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:52 pm Why is it bizarre?
I'm speculating, as other clubs have done to realise assets and generate cash flow.

The club had major cash flow issues in the summer.
The notion that Accrington would buy out a sell on clause for a player that may well have ended up leaving as a free agent is rather bizarre.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Post by TrickyDicky »

Why would we be so stupid as to trade up to a 25% sell on Santa Claus to pay off a measly fine of 2x £5 k one of which we appealed and apparently won to lose out on maybe £75k + sell on Sum . We sold him to Accrington not Wonga . Sleep well and give your imagination a rest as it’s not happened and we will bank some money to keep the wolves at the door 🤨🤣🤣
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

If Paulsi is right it is peak Port Chat to stress for 5 months over a sell on fee only to discover it has been paid off in advance!
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:53 pm If Paulsi is right it is peak Port Chat to stress for 5 months over a sell on fee only to discover it has been paid off in advance!
Hahaha was just about to say the same thing!

£300k is a bargain. He’s an international player who is proven in that division.
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:53 pm If Paulsi is right it is peak Port Chat to stress for 5 months over a sell on fee only to discover it has been paid off in advance!
It's peak Port Chat pessimism to even consider such a thing might have happend.
We've had months of regular updates from Ian Kyle where he's calmy explained our finances and has been unrufffled by the lack of any money being forthcoming from the Pure Stadium deal.
Does anyone seriously think he'd take a gamble on surrendering a sell on clause?
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Liamisdoingagreatjob
----------
----------

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:10 pm
We've had months of regular updates from Ian Kyle where he's calmy explained our finances and has been unrufffled by the lack of any money being forthcoming from the Pure Stadium deal.
Does anyone seriously think he'd take a gamble on surrendering a sell on clause?
Portchat and pessimism?
Mainstand and moaners?
Surely such things don't exist.....
Dudley86
----------
----------

Post by Dudley86 »

Dudley86
----------
----------

Post by Dudley86 »

Hope dion can get on now and progress in his career and hopefully has learnt and matured from this 'Mexican stand off' at accy. I wish him all the best.
Brianm
----------
----------

Post by Brianm »

So Dion goes to Bolton Wanderers for 'an undisclosed six-figure fee'. I don't suppose anyone will ever tell us what the figure really was or what our percentage is although we would all love to know. I'm going to assume it was £200k and we get 20%, so that is a nice £40k which we didn't have before. I know it could have been more but it also could have been nothing! I am only guessing of course, but that will satisfy me.....unless somebody knows better!
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

Brianm wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:36 am So Dion goes to Bolton Wanderers for 'an undisclosed six-figure fee'. I don't suppose anyone will ever tell us what the figure really was or what our percentage is although we would all love to know. I'm going to assume it was £200k and we get 20%, so that is a nice £40k which we didn't have before. I know it could have been more but it also could have been nothing! I am only guessing of course, but that will satisfy me.....unless somebody knows better!
Yes I agree, its almost as if they have something to hide.........surely not... :)
Liamisdoingagreatjob
----------
----------

Alan Spences Pupil wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:58 pm
Brianm wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:36 am So Dion goes to Bolton Wanderers for 'an undisclosed six-figure fee'. I don't suppose anyone will ever tell us what the figure really was or what our percentage is although we would all love to know. I'm going to assume it was £200k and we get 20%, so that is a nice £40k which we didn't have before. I know it could have been more but it also could have been nothing! I am only guessing of course, but that will satisfy me.....unless somebody knows better!
Yes I agree, its almost as if they have something to hide.........surely not... :)
It was only the other week we were being told poor old Bolton were virtually at the end......amazing how football clubs can rustle up the odd six figure sum or two so quickly after such situations and a year of revenue restricted by covid.....at least at southport we know any revenue gained by this is likely to be spent wisely.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

Good luck to Dion on his move to Bolton Wanderers...
I can't help but think though that everybody concerned has lost out a bit on what might have been?
Dion I'm sure was rated in the 1 million pounds bracket not that long ago by John Coleman and Accrington Stanley.Linked heavily with a move to Brentford in the Premier League and Bristol City in the Championship,he now finds himself in a "side ways move" in the same league.
He himself will have missed out on a bigger percentage of the potential transfer fee,bigger wages from a higher placed club while Accrington don't get the fee they should have recouped for a fully capped International footballer and SFC get a lesser sell on fee?
A Kevin Davies signing under Phil Hodgkinson who only found his best position when Liam switched him to the central strikers role-whatever SFC receive will I'm sure be welcome-but it could have been a whole lot more.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

PS The biggest question is though after his move to Bolton Wanderers-will Dion still remain on the 49 bus route from Woodvale to Crossens?
Saw him the the other week-still looking good in the Port shirt...
I hope he stays...
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

Liamisdoingagreatjob wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:17 pm
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:10 pm
Portchat and pessimism?
Mainstand and moaners?
Surely such things don't exist.....
Give the moaners and pessimists a break, they have had a darn tough time these last 15 matches :D
Seano
----------
----------

Post by Seano »

Made money on another player from Liam and another player to play in the football league (after it seemed it was done) wish Dion all the best. Happy New Year Yellows 👍🏻