Massive thank you to SFC

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Jonny Smith
----------
----------

Massive thank you to SFC

Post by Jonny Smith »

I believe this deserves its own thread.

Just want to say a big thank you to all SFC today in particular to Steve Dewsnip who made us feel extremely welcome and organised.

Today for the first time I had booked corporate hospitality as a belated 70th birthday gift for my dad which was unfortunately could not happen due to Covid 18 months ago.

Both myself, my dad and our friend Brian were extremely well looked after from the moment we arrived. The set up at port is extremely impressive and the food was delicious. Staff were fabulous and to the organisation of the presentation of the signed shirt and chat with Liam was first class.

The whole experience was a pleasure and most importantly the lads on the field put on a great show and another 3 valuable points.

My dad was completely made up by the whole day and considering he has been supporting port since the 50’s this was an experience he will truly not forget.

Thanks also to Julie who kindly took some great photos of the afternoon for us.

I would highly recommend purchasing hospitality if you ever were considering it.

Thank you once again to Steve and everyone at SFC for making this such a special day
BackoftheNet
----------
----------

Re: Massive thank you to SFC

Post by BackoftheNet »

Great endorsement of the hospitality facilities at the club. Happy belated birthday to your dad.
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

Nice story, makes a nice change happy birthday to Dad too.... :)
PortDan1121
----------
----------

Post by PortDan1121 »

Fantastic stuff. Hope yourself and your dad had a great day, made even sweeter with a win over the localish rivals

I say this again. The behind the scenes staff and volunteers are a great asset to this club and the town itself. Everyone from directors, bar and corporate staff to volunteers who are vital to keep the club ticking over. Excellent!
mark thomas
----------
----------

Post by mark thomas »

glad you and your dad had such a good day of it Jonny, up the Port.
Defeating Chester at Haig Ave such a good present!
Brianm
----------
----------

Post by Brianm »

Just to endorse what Jonny said above, I am 'the friend' who went with them. Jonny's dad and I have been going to watch the Port for more years than we care to remember but we have never been in the Hospitality suite before. It was excellent, the room is very smart and well decorated, the organisation was brilliant thanks to Steve Dewsnip, the food was good, the catering staff were great and friendly, the seats in the Stand are very comfortable.No complaints whatsoever! Well worth a bit of extra expenditure if you can manage it for a treat. We will certainly go again.To cap it all, another excellent performance from the lads on the pitch, so a great day out for us all.
John Glendenning
Best Landlord Ever
Best Landlord Ever

Post by John Glendenning »

Well done to all involved at the club. Happy punters = many more potential punters waiting for their opportunity. A great credit to our club staff and volunteers.
becbee
----------
----------

Post by becbee »

How lovely to read such a positive post. So often people ( by no means just Southport fans) are often only too quick to concentrate on the negatives, it's heart warming when people take the time to post the positives as above. I'm sure it's much appreciated by those who went to the effort of ensuring such a good time was had by all.

Is Steve Dewsnip related to George? I've never heard of anybody else with the surname.
Pirate Jim
----------
----------

Post by Pirate Jim »

Just want to reiterate that I fully endorse the comments made by my son, Jonathan, my friend Brian and all the other comments made. The hospitality was truly magnificent and superbly organised by Steve Dewsnip and all the friendly staff and volunteers. Also to be presented with the signed shirt by Liam will forever live in my memory. The catering was excellent- far better than I expected. I can only recommend that people try the experience for themselves because it is more than worth it. To top it all a great performance by the lads and a brilliant result. I started watching the Port in 1956 and I can honestly say that yesterday ranks amongst the highlights of my 65 years supporting the Yellows. Onwards and upwards.
cobby7
----------
----------

Post by cobby7 »

This really is heartening to hear I was wondering who the happy group with their SFC scarves where yesterday.
May I say the work done during the short Hodgkinson era has paid lasting dividends.
This coupled with the ever present staff and volunteers at Haig Avenue.
Well done.
cobby7
----------
----------

Post by cobby7 »

cobby7 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:39 pm This really is heartening to hear I was wondering who the happy group with their SFC scarves were yesterday.
May I say the work done during the short Hodgkinson era has paid lasting dividends.
Well done.
PortDan1121
----------
----------

Post by PortDan1121 »

cobby7 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:39 pm This really is heartening to hear I was wondering who the happy group with their SFC scarves where yesterday.
Well done.
I think the group with scarves was Techedia as they had a photo infront of their advertising sign before the game.
Met him on a Monday
----------
----------

Post by Met him on a Monday »

by becbee » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:34 pm

How lovely to read such a positive post. So often people ( by no means just Southport fans) are often only too quick to concentrate on the negatives, it's heart warming when people take the time to post the positives as above. I'm sure it's much appreciated by those who went to the effort of ensuring such a good time was had by all.

Is Steve Dewsnip related to George? I've never heard of anybody else with the surname.
I ve asked Steve directly if he was related to the great George Dewsnip and he isn't
Gloucester
----------
----------

Post by Gloucester »

Excellent well done SFC for looking after this gentleman and party I hope they had a great day.
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Lovely to read, hope this gets back to all concerned. It makes us look good as a club and brings in extra revenue so hats off!
Met him on a Monday
----------
----------

Post by Met him on a Monday »

Having enjoyed the club's hospitality against Farsley just want to endorse previous comments. Steve Dewsnip's team were very professional and personal. Very classy , Southport logo plates , great experience . Maybe we're a non league team but this was premiership hospitality.