Pure Legal reportedly go into Administration

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Ste_B
----------
----------

Pure Legal reportedly go into Administration

Post by Ste_B »

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/news/staff ... 86.article

News that could have potentially finished us had things not worked out how they did.
puskas
----------
----------

Re: Pure Legal reportedly go into Administration

Post by puskas »

If that is as it appears and I emphasise the word "If" because I wish Phil and his staff no harm at all and I am basing my comments totally on the information already on this thread.

It will cost Southport a lot of money via the sponsorship that they put into the club. ,. I just hope that we don't have any other problems because of it.

Very bad news indeed.
From the Shores of the River Ribble
To the Banks of Fine Janes Brook
Ronnie Hotdogs
BASTARD
BASTARD

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I think you just have to hope that Ian hasn't ever been daft enough to believe a word PHIL said.

I can't help but feel that if the Huddersfield thing hadn't come along we'd be finished as of today.
I am at my most DANGEROUS and EFFECTIVE when UNDERESTIMATED.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

puskas wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:20 pm

It will cost Southport a lot of money via the sponsorship that they put into the club. ,. I just hope that we don't have any other problems because of it.

Very bad news indeed.
The stadium naming is from the Pure Business Group so that may be unaffected if it's only the demise of Pure Legal Ltd.
But who knows how PH's myriad of companies are structured. I presume last year's shirt sponsors "Your Claim" was one of his despite not appearing to exist.

Worse still, could Huddersfield Town's phoenix club be overtaking us in 5 years time to the despair of Port Chat's resident miseries?
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
cavjj
Carl Soloman
Carl Soloman

Post by cavjj »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:39 pm

Very bad news indeed.
The stadium naming is from the Pure Business Group so that may be unaffected if it's only the demise of Pure Legal Ltd.
Pure Business Group Limited, Pure Legal Limited, Pure Claims Support Services Limited, Pure Technology Systems Limited, Pure Reporting Services Limited, Pure Claims Limited, Pure Costs Budget Limited, Connect Costs Limited and Astute Business Management Consultants Limited have all entered administration.

Maybe he's threadbare?
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

cavjj wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:08 pm

Very bad news indeed.
Pure Business Group Limited, Pure Legal Limited, Pure Claims Support Services Limited, Pure Technology Systems Limited, Pure Reporting Services Limited, Pure Claims Limited, Pure Costs Budget Limited, Connect Costs Limited and Astute Business Management Consultants Limited have all entered administration.

Maybe he's threadbare?
As someone on the Huddersfield forum said , maybe he was full of pure b*****ks.

Thoughts with those who've lost their jobs.

We could have had a half built training ground by now...
Mr Ah Yes
----------
----------

Post by Mr Ah Yes »

Very bad news indeed.
But who knows how PH's myriad of companies are structured. I presume last year's shirt sponsors "Your Claim" was one of his despite not appearing to exist.

Worse still, could Huddersfield Town's phoenix club be overtaking us in 5 years time to the despair of Port Chat's resident miseries?
Reading down the article it says that Pre Sports Consultancy (or something similar) is NOT part of the administration proceedings and it was this arm that was involved with HTFC. Huddersfield Town fans have " been reassured", for what that is actually worth.
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

Sad news. Phil did a lot for SFC before and after he left
john riley
----------
----------

Post by john riley »

Said all along be careful what you wish for this could well be very serious for Southport Football Club at least we new were we stood with Mr Clapham
Phila9037
----------
----------

Post by Phila9037 »

Yeah I said be careful what you wish for too

Good job he wasn’t really in it for the long term like he initially said

Maybe the back the bidders can help him through this difficult time :)I’m sure they will believe whatever he says
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

john riley wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:42 pm Said all along be careful what you wish for this could well be very serious for Southport Football Club
Unless their sponsorship of us is paid in arrears which seems unlikely why would it be very serious?
Presumably we've had the money and will look for another sponsor.
(Granted I don't know how much it was worth, or how easy a similar sum will be to secure from a new sponsor but there's no guarantee that Pure would have renewed their sponsorship so we would likely have been in the same situation anyway)
Last edited by Ralphy Rylance on Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liamisdoingagreatjob
----------
----------

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

john riley wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:42 pm Said all along be careful what you wish for this could well be very serious for Southport Football Club at least we new were we stood with Mr Clapham
Yep but the club had stagnated back then. I prefer today. Generally felt a happier atmosphere at HA this season. As a fan I feel more engaged, valued and part of the club. Look forwards not back.....
Phila9037
----------
----------

Post by Phila9037 »

Maybe he's threadbare?

Could have been a problem for Pure Carpets ltd :D
Phila9037
----------
----------

Post by Phila9037 »

cavjj wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:08 pm

Very bad news indeed.

Maybe he's threadbare?
Could have been a problem for Pure Capets ltd
tonyhey
----------
----------

Post by tonyhey »

Liamisdoingagreatjob wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:18 pm
john riley wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:42 pm Said all along be careful what you wish for this could well be very serious for Southport Football Club at least we new were we stood with Mr Clapham
Yep but the club had stagnated back then. I prefer today. Generally felt a happier atmosphere at HA this season. As a fan I feel more engaged, valued and part of the club. Look forwards not back.....
I would tend to agree, there is much more of a feeling of community this season.
BackoftheNet
----------
----------

Post by BackoftheNet »

The situation with Pure Legal means that many employees will now be out of a job and that is sad. This brings me round to stating the obvious……Football clubs across the board must live within their means. Unfortunately to many clubs live beyond their means and if the magic money tree fails to deliver clubs will be in trouble. I trust Mr Kyle has a solid business plan that is not reliant on a rich benefactor and that we will hold our own and ultimately prosper and gain promotion. We live in hope…..as ever. Come on the Porrrt.
Sam
----------
----------

Post by Sam »

Do we not know exactly where we are with Ian Kyle?

The impression I've got from him is that he's been weaning us of his money ever since Phil said he was off.

Phil coming in, spending some money, then running away for something else left us with improved facilities to build on for the future. And since he did nearly all of it by increasing shares he held and sponsorship I can't see why we'd be worried at all.
old gold and black
----------
----------

Post by old gold and black »

I think Ian steadied the ship and reduced the length of the lead on Phil when he came in, his calm head and business acumen took the club forward through somewhat calmer waters to where we are today. I`m sure Ian will respond to this in due course, at least I hope so because the club now has the stability we all hoped for.
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

Liamisdoingagreatjob wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:18 pm
💯%
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

old gold and black wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:06 pm I think Ian steadied the ship and reduced the length of the lead on Phil when he came in, his calm head and business acumen took the club forward through somewhat calmer waters to where we are today. I`m sure Ian will respond to this in due course, at least I hope so because the club now has the stability we all hoped for.
Ian was on the board 2 months before before Phil.

I seem to recall that the feeling at the time was that Ian had managed to calm the hostility between PH and JT after CC had ignored PH"s offer in favour of JT.