Pure Legal reportedly go into Administration

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Gloucester
----------
----------

Re: Pure Legal reportedly go into Administration

Post by Gloucester »

Pure legal is a different business structure from the Pure business group and should therefore not affect it.
Redrobe
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe »

According to the Liverpool Echo the Pure Business Group has also gone into Administration making 203 of it’s near 260 employees redundant.
pault
----------
----------

Post by pault »

Gloucester wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:16 pm Pure legal is a different business structure from the Pure business group and should therefore not affect it.
Pure Legal Ltd is in administration.
Gloucester
----------
----------

Post by Gloucester »

Redrobe wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:19 am According to the Liverpool Echo the Pure Business Group has also gone into Administration making 203 of it’s near 260 employees redundant.
A number of confused reports have been out there but Pure sports consultancy is not so Huddersfield appear safe.
tomherold
----------
----------

Post by tomherold »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:31 pm I can't help but feel that if the Huddersfield thing hadn't come along we'd be finished as of today.
He’s not finished he’s only 28
Ronnie Hotdogs
BASTARD
BASTARD

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

tomherold wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:10 am
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:31 pm I can't help but feel that if the Huddersfield thing hadn't come along we'd be finished as of today.
He’s not finished he’s only 28
#BoiledOnions
I am at my most DANGEROUS and EFFECTIVE when UNDERESTIMATED.
Sand74
----------
----------

Post by Sand74 »

Not that I'm particularly worried but Huddersfield will be fine. Their previous Chairman (who genuinely has lots of money) has said he'll step back up if required.

Sad for all the staff at Pure losing their jobs.

Hopefully we are not too reliant on the Ground sponsorship.
Formerly known as Lurch (S.F.C)
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

PH has other business interests and presumably has carefully protected his personal position.

Might we see his return to SFC?
Sam
----------
----------

Post by Sam »

Redrobe fan wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:58 am Might we see his return to SFC?
No.
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

Redrobe fan wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:58 am PH has other business interests and presumably has carefully protected his personal position.

Might we see his return to SFC?
Hopefully not. We’ve not even finished clearing up the last mess he left us in.
Phila9037
----------
----------

Post by Phila9037 »

Totally agree

Don’t want him anywhere near SFC again
yellow mountain
----------
----------

Post by yellow mountain »

A lot of the financial mess was left by Natalie, but Phil was ultimately responsible.
Redrobe
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe »

The narrative at the time was that Phil acknowledged that responsibility by paying off all debts outstanding when he left. He also covered the shortfall in the funding for the pitch improvements although I don’t know who paid for the remedial work that was required the close season after. He also sponsored via the Stadium naming deal for 3 (?) seasons. I have absolutely no idea what mess he left behind that we are yet to clear up. I would definitely be interested to know.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Redrobe wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:52 pm The narrative at the time was that Phil acknowledged that responsibility by paying off all debts outstanding when he left. He also covered the shortfall in the funding for the pitch improvements although I don’t know who paid for the remedial work that was required the close season after. He also sponsored via the Stadium naming deal for 3 (?) seasons. I have absolutely no idea what mess he left behind that we are yet to clear up. I would definitely be interested to know.
I'm sure it was stated at the time that the cost of remedial work to the pitch was met by the contractor due to faults with the original work.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

Under the circumstances perhaps some sort of Statement from SFC clarifying the position of our club in light of the developments would be helpful..... It at least would stop the 2nd guessing game from those concerned.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

Redrobe wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:52 pm The narrative at the time was that Phil acknowledged that responsibility by paying off all debts outstanding when he left. He also covered the shortfall in the funding for the pitch improvements although I don’t know who paid for the remedial work that was required the close season after. He also sponsored via the Stadium naming deal for 3 (?) seasons. I have absolutely no idea what mess he left behind that we are yet to clear up. I would definitely be interested to know.
Agree with all the above Redrobe.
Ian Kyle has done many interviews for the benefit of supporters.
In either the last interview (or the one before) he said that he had been in talks with PH to renew a deal but then the break due to Covid-and that he would be looking to resume discussions.Am I the only one to remember that-or maybe some people didn't see that? I wouldn't think with this news that this would now be likely to happen though do you? Who knows in the future though? If Huddersfield Town have been assured that their isn't a problem then I think it's highly unlikely that SFC will have one? If their was anything to tell SFC supporters I have no doubt that Ian Kyle wouldn't be backward in coming forward to say so.
Absolutely no need for any statement to be made as far as I'm concerned.
Big fuss from the anti PH brigade as usual.
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:47 pm
I'm sure it was stated at the time that the cost of remedial work to the pitch was met by the contractor due to faults with the original work.
That is my recollection as well, that the contractor paid as he was responsible for the faults
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

yellowfever post wrote:
In either the last interview (or the one before) he said that he had been in talks with PH to renew a deal but then the break due to Covid-and that he would be looking to resume discussions.Am I the only one to remember that-or maybe some people didn't see that? I wouldn't think with this news that this would now be likely to happen though do you? Who knows in the future though? If Huddersfield Town have been assured that their isn't a problem then I think it's highly unlikely that SFC will have one? If their was anything to tell SFC supporters I have no doubt that Ian Kyle wouldn't be backward in coming forward to say so.
Regardless of the current situation with Pure I don't think we've any right to expect PH to renew any sponsorship. If he does, great, but we should always be prepared for the need to seek alternatives.

Sponsors come and go. The only problem we might have is if Pure were paying us way over and above what we might be able to replace it with.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:55 pm
yellowfever post wrote:
Regardless of the current situation with Pure I don't think we've any right to expect PH to renew any sponsorship. If he does, great, but we should always be prepared for the need to seek alternatives.

Sponsors come and go. The only problem we might have is if Pure were paying us way over and above what we might be able to replace it with.
Phil Hodgkinson's 3 year deal at the time was generous to the extreme in my mind, and I certainly wouldn't have been expecting anything further in the future.To hear then in one of Ian's interview's that he would be looking to pick up talks after Covid, to me was a pleasant surprise, but as I said I would be amazed if anything develops now with the "admin" news.
Some of the reaction on here is so predictable from some who have probably stopped watching the football club along time ago.
I'm more concerned with matters on the pitch- that we can get a fit Connor Woods up and running on a regular basis to get the team further up the league.
mark thomas
----------
----------

Post by mark thomas »

share your perspective yellowfever, Liam did say that Connor is recovering ok and we will also have JB back for Leamington assuming no further postponements, along with Russ Benjamin and George Newell coming back into the frame in the coming weeks.

Things are looking fairly good for making progress upwards I think. Every club in this league can give you a nasty bite, but we've gone toe to toe with all the top sides so far and have a chance to get some wins under our belt before 2022 arrives.