----------

Doug Tharme

Post by Port on the Kent »

Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Re: Doug Tharme

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

I’ll believe it when I see it, but as a matter of interest what sort of contract is he on?
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Post by TrickyDicky »

Not surprised at the speculation, a good lad, great attitude, talented and a wonderful throw on him , potential to develop his distribution. Would be very sorry to see him move though easily worth at least £100k .
Roday1878
----------
----------

Post by Roday1878 »

Well worth a listen, seems like a top lad who is enjoying his football at the moment. Also worth checking out the other episodes with Southport players. All very good and positive.

Doug Podcast: https://open.spotify.com/episode/4SdnL ... K5no4QsoSA
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Roday1878 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:51 pm Well worth a listen, seems like a top lad who is enjoying his football at the moment. Also worth checking out the other episodes with Southport players. All very good and positive.

Cheers, I'd seen these advertised on the club's instagram but with no link to where they could be heard.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
John Glendenning
Best Landlord Ever
Best Landlord Ever

Post by John Glendenning »

Tharme, at the age of 22-years-old, only joined Southport in the summer transfer window but has quickly established himself as a first-team regular there, with the club currently 17th at the sixth tier of English football.
Crappy fact checking there - 17th !!! - (my arse :-) )
John Glendenning
Best Landlord Ever
Best Landlord Ever

Post by John Glendenning »

8-) Excellent podcast though
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

If you fact-checked, you’ll find the article was published in November when we were indeed 17th..
But agree about the podcast. Really interesting and what an intelligent, articulate lad Doug is. Like the sound of his mum! I’m sure he’s destined for higher things. Would have been interested to know what he does outside football too.
GeorgeCarrExcavation
----------
----------

Post by GeorgeCarrExcavation »

Roday1878 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:51 pm Well worth a listen, seems like a top lad who is enjoying his football at the moment. Also worth checking out the other episodes with Southport players. All very good and positive.

I was surprised to hear that as a Liverpool fan he had an England top with Neville G on the back, not to mention an Arsenal shirt too. Maybe these youngsters are not as tribal.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

Doug Tharme has been a bit of a regular post match in the 1881 suite this season, and I'm sure it was said that he was either a teaching assistant or a trainee teacher? He's come over and spoken a couple of times and seems approachable and intelligent-good guy.Great prospect-and we need to be in discussions with him about extending his contract.