Liam Edwards

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
mark thomas
----------
----------

Re: Liam Edwards

Post by mark thomas »

This development balances out the disappointment of losing MC, Liam is a formidable asset, great news for us.

Port's recent defensive record is first class, and teams who can keep clean sheets tend to do well.

Marcus will be missed obviously but Port beat Farsley 4-0 without him, so hopefully we won't dry up chances or goals wise.

As you were I think, along with a good few more quid in the bank.

Onwards!
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

Redrobe fan wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:47 pm Yes, I've been supporting the club for over 60 years.

Its normal if you care about something to look out for anything that might adversely affect it.

It’s unfortunate that some Portchatters see something negative in that.
You must admit that we are in a much better place than we have been in for a long time.........but history supports your worries !.
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

Redrobe fan wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:47 pm Yes, I've been supporting the club for over 60 years.

Its normal if you care about something to look out for anything that might adversely affect it.

It’s unfortunate that some Portchatters see something negative in that.
Me too RF agreed with above
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

mark thomas wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:04 pm
Port's recent defensive record is first class, and teams who can keep clean sheets tend to do well.
Exactly, you only need to score 1 more than the opposition... scoring 3 is great but not if we concede 4, better scoring 1 and conceding 0!
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

It's great news that Liam Edwards is staying with SFC until the end of the season-great signing, and well done to Bolton Wanderers in their part in seeing that Liam is being well looked at SFC in his rehabilitation after serious injury.
Unibond Awakes
----------
----------

Post by Unibond Awakes »

Made up with this...a quality player make no mistake
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

Him being willing to stay until the end of the season speaks volumes about where we are as a club. He is a quality player and I am sure plenty of "larger" clubs would have been more than happy to have his services for the rest of the season. Great news he is staying.
Will the loan be long enough for him to play in the play off final ?.
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

yellowfever wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:30 pm It's great news that Liam Edwards is staying with SFC until the end of the season-great signing, and well done to Bolton Wanderers in their part in seeing that Liam is being well looked at SFC in his rehabilitation after serious injury.
Good point, YF. I don’t think we should forget the role Bolton are playing in this. They can have him back for the odd appearance off the bench. Instead, they know his rehabilitation is better off served playing more football in a good side in a demanding league.
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
Formula Port
----------
----------

Post by Formula Port »

mark thomas wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:04 pm This development balances out the disappointment of losing MC, Liam is a formidable asset, great news for us.
Are you expecting him to replace the lost goals from Carver?