Remeberance Day.

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
BackoftheNet
----------
----------

Remeberance Day.

Post by BackoftheNet »

Well done to all concerned at The Port for the minutes silence and playing of the Last Post. We will remember them. Superb response from the supporters home and away. Very moving. Our Club will never forget.❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Re: Remeberance Day.

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

BackoftheNet wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:49 pm Well done to all concerned at The Port for the minutes silence and playing of the Last Post. We will remember them. Superb response from the supporters home and away. Very moving. Our Club will never forget.❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Yes well done the Trumpeter & all very moving
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

Yes but Nicola’s reading was completely lost in crowd noise, sadly. I don’t think many in the Jack Carr heard her at all.
BackoftheNet
----------
----------

Post by BackoftheNet »

Agreed. I don’t think it detracted from the solemnity of the occasion but perhaps a prior announcement to the reading would help.
Ry88
----------
----------

Post by Ry88 »

Sandgrounder SE wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:31 pm Yes but Nicola’s reading was completely lost in crowd noise, sadly. I don’t think many in the Jack Carr heard her at all.
Heard every word of the nicely done and touching reading and I was bang in the middle of the JC. Well done Nicola and the club, it was a nice touch.