Re: Lancs Trophy Draw

Post by cobby7 »

Well done Marcus a team man to the end.
Brianm
----------
----------

Post by Brianm »

Is 30 goal man Jordan Darr worth a look Liam? I know it's North West Counties but that is a lot of goals in half a season in anybody's book.
Stratford Excile
----------
----------

Post by Stratford Excile »

Brianm wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:56 pm Is 30 goal man Jordan Darr worth a look Liam? I know it's North West Counties but that is a lot of goals in half a season in anybody's book.
Agreed,a prolific goalscorer is just that and surely he needs watching closely.

Some of the top Premier League goal scorers started at the level he is at now but as I said in the Marcus Carver post this player knows where the net is and that is all you want from a striker.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

A damp freezing cold night on a tricky pitch at Charnock Richard warmed up by an enthusiastic home performance which made SFC take the contest seriously.The home team were a credit,and never gave up even at 3.0 down, probably warranting their consolation penalty. A good job done though over the evening by the Port.It's conditions and nights like last night which sort the men from the boys and the Management will learn alot about players on such nights.Better than training as someone said!
No Josh Hmami still which is a bit of concern (tracksuited and there but not involved) Chris Doyle a few weeks away as well.Russell Benjamin getting on for 10 minutes at the end.A couple of bumps and bruises from the night I would think-Jack Doyle and Connor Woods for two but hopefully not serious.
Great to see Marcus Carver there saying his good byes etc but I'm sure he'll pop back to the club from time to time in the future.He was "full of his move" and why not-good luck to him...
Southport FC to me "feels in a good place" and getting an identity back to itself.Talking about match day, matches and players is what football should be about.
Dewsnip
----------
----------

Post by Dewsnip »

also thought the right back Spencer Bibby for them looked a very good player
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

Dewsnip wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:02 pm also thought the right back Spencer Bibby for them looked a very good player
Bibby(2), Young(5) and Regan (7)were the pick of their player. I thought they were very well organised especially at the back.
David_1276
----------
----------

Post by David_1276 »

Brianm wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:56 pm Is 30 goal man Jordan Darr worth a look Liam? I know it's North West Counties but that is a lot of goals in half a season in anybody's book.
I'm sure he'll be on the radar, although players like Raul Correia and Dan Cockerline are prolific a few leagues below us, so each player will probably have to go through a more rigorous scouting venture than players from the Conf North and higher.

Having said that, it has more than paid its dividends over the years.
cobby7
----------
----------

Post by cobby7 »

Just a thought ,after sitting close to the pitch a very bumpy pitch , how good the ball control was from both sides , the turn from Isaac that left his marker for dead and set him on a run to set up a cross for Archers first goal was brilliant.
Even better his wing to wing pass that set up Archers goal was magnificent.