Leamington 1-1 Southport - Match Thread

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
mark thomas
----------
----------

Re: Leamington 1-1 Southport - Match Thread

Post by mark thomas »

good away point, well done to players, management and The Yellow Army. Carver again!
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

That’s a very fair report from a Leamington perspective. The author confirms our feeling that Marcus is a phenomenon this season.
I don’t think it was a ‘dire’ game as someone said. We were on top in the second half and could have won with a bit of luck. It was good to see us much more resilient than we were at Fylde, York and Brackley, the other away games I’ve seen. Yesterday was much more like our home form.
Gloucester
----------
----------

Post by Gloucester »

Sandgrounder SE wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:09 pm That’s a very fair report from a Leamington perspective. The author confirms our feeling that Marcus is a phenomenon this season.
I don’t think it was a ‘dire’ game as someone said. We were on top in the second half and could have won with a bit of luck. It was good to see us much more resilient than we were at Fylde, York and Brackley, the other away games I’ve seen. Yesterday was much more like our home form.
I agree with 100 %
Gloucester
----------
----------

Post by Gloucester »

Gloucester wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:44 pm
Sandgrounder SE wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:09 pm That’s a very fair report from a Leamington perspective. The author confirms our feeling that Marcus is a phenomenon this season.
I agree with you 100 %
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Post by TrickyDicky »

I agree too and it was nice for them to mention our “young” supporters ( not me I’m afraid🤣) and reflect fairly and realistically on the game, makes a change from those two stooges who manage Chorley and the condescending Parkinson at Altrincham.
John Glendenning
Best Landlord Ever
Best Landlord Ever

Post by John Glendenning »

TrickyDicky wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:00 pm I agree too and it was nice for them to mention our “young” supporters ( not me I’m afraid🤣) and reflect fairly and realistically on the game, makes a change from those two stooges who manage Chorley and the condescending Parkinson at Altrincham.
Entirely agree with the above from our tricky one. Having just read the linked match report, taken together with the manager's comments I would say that it was pleasingly balanced (for a change) :-)
Hat Trick Patrick
----------
----------

Post by Hat Trick Patrick »

Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

Hat Trick Patrick wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:37 am Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PQYdaE27lM
Thanks, their Manager Paul Holleran sounds like a very decent chap & paid tribute to our qualities & performance, which is great to hear from an opposition Manager, so things are improving no doubt, hopefully continued tomorrow night...
cobby7
----------
----------

Post by cobby7 »

Some of our posters seem to ignore the fact we are a young part time Conference North team.
Giving 100 percent.
They are not watching the highlights of the multimillionaire deva divers.
Some of our games are just as exciting and some goals and saves just as good as any you see on TV where there twice as many back passes as forward.
It is our town team warts and all, judge it for what it is or stick to TV.
The Leamington report was a breath of fresh air they said we were the better side with phenomenal set pieces.
I think we have the longest thrower in football and a good player too.
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Post by TrickyDicky »

https://youtu.be/6PQYdaE27lM

Good watch, a bit dark 😳 and especially the nice comments from their manager . They’re a good friendly club 👏
Falkland yellow
----------
----------

Post by Falkland yellow »

Very impressed with the production and camera quality in their highlights. 2 good cameras and well edited.

Their manager also had most to say about our strengths and capabilities - more so than Leamington's. Very indicative of where we are at the moment. Paying us a huge complement.