Darlington - FA Trophy

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Paulisi
----------
----------

Darlington - FA Trophy

Post by Paulisi »

Need another cup run for the prize money, so we don't have to sell our star players.

Darlington are quite decent, but we did beat them a couple of weeks ago at home.

How many changes will we make?
Hmami and Edwards carrying knocks. Will we have another different midfield pairing.
Will we risk Jack B attempt to audition for WWE again.
When will George Newell get any game time...
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Re: Darlington - FA Trophy

Post by portexileinbath »

Some more game time for IBR would make sense, he has the talent but hasn't shown enough of it, yet. I predict he will become much more important as the season progresses. An afternoon on the bench for Marcus would give him a rest, unless he is needed for the last 20 mins to kill off the game, with a couple more goals.
The great thing is that no matter what players are picked to a man they give everything. How unusual to have a squad where a good arguement could be made for everyone to be picked !.
The way we are improving, we will be like a quality Swiss watch by xmas. An interesting point, as the table stands, our upcoming away league games are against. 19th, 20th, 14th, 7th, 18th & 22nd, a lot of chances to pick up points. The home games are against 13th, 17th & 7th.
Happy days. I may have to order an extra truckle of Stilton for xmas.
tonyhey
----------
----------

Post by tonyhey »

One thing we do know about tomorrow, it’s going to be bitterly cold. As for the game, I think that Darlington will prove to be a sterner test than they were in recent league encounter. Nevertheless, I think with a full squad at his disposal, Liam will put out a team strong enough to see us reach the 3rd Round.
2-1 Archer, Woods
Att: 912
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

I think we’ll be very lucky to get 900. Darlington won’t bring many, and it’ll be very cold. The FA Trophy not much of a draw these days, sadly.
About 600, a 2-1 victory.
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Post by TrickyDicky »

Likely to be a lottery tomorrow, gale force wind , I’ve been impressed with the team all season but for some reason I see this game going to penalties, for me it’s always difficult to beat the same team in close succession, fingers crossed though as I would like us to go further and get someone like Stockport at home .
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

tonyhey wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:10 pm I think with a full squad at his disposal, Liam will put out a team strong enough to see us reach the 3rd Round.
On current form it would be impossible to pick a team incapable of winning this game, unless he puts Carver in goal and Mason up front.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
tonyhey
----------
----------

Post by tonyhey »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:08 pm
tonyhey wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:10 pm I think with a full squad at his disposal, Liam will put out a team strong enough to see us reach the 3rd Round.
On current form it would be impossible to pick a team incapable of winning this game, unless he puts Carver in goal and Mason up front.
😂😂😂
portexileinbath
----------
----------

If the wind is as strong as the weathermen suggest, the long throw may be worth a try, as an attacking option (for half of the game). :-)
They are going to be scared to put the ball out of play for a throw, when we are playing with the wind.
A comfortable 3-0 win.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

tonyhey wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:11 pm
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:08 pm
😂😂😂
For novelty value, I would go for D Tharme in goal... Throw in style distribution from "the keeper" would be amusing to say the very least. Pinching a few extra yards would be unwise though.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

I think it will be a case of mixing the pack again-and hoping the team picked will be strong enough to go through.Is it straight to penalties after 90 ninety minutes tomorrow? if so that could well be the case...
There are quite a few players carrying knocks and potential injuries,and I certainly wouldn't be risking any of those in a game we want to win for obvious reasons,but the league has to be priority. I would give Marcus Carver a day off certainly from the starting line up,after a buffeting against Leamington and Alfreton. Hmami too maybe? We could do with a fit Chris Doyle before long too as we don't want to spoil what has so far been a superb cameo return from Liam Edwards.The good thing is that the players who do play will want to keep the shirt-and that can only be great for competition.
As others have said tonight and forecast tomorrow-batten the hatches...!