Southport v Farsley 3pm Tuesday 28th Dec

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Paulisi
----------
----------

Southport v Farsley 3pm Tuesday 28th Dec

Post by Paulisi »

Reminder this is a 3pm kick off

Will Carver, Hmami be fit and Charlie Munro fit enough to start. Will Liam rest players?

Farsley lost their game to snow yesterday, but will be a completely different team to the Trophy match with their injuries, suspensions and covid players virtually all back.

Shame we missed a home boxing day fixture, I suspect we would have got 1500+.
I think we will be lucky if we get over 1100 for each the next two holiday games, especially given neither away side has much support
mark thomas
----------
----------

Re: Southport v Farsley 3pm Tuesday 28th Dec

Post by mark thomas »

Just have to hope our younger legs can take 2 games in 48 hours, hopefully there's collectively enough left in the tank to see Farsley off.

Farsley will be considerably stronger than two weeks ago, and will not be coming to Haig Ave to entertain, but am optimistic.

Though the results have been great, Port's last two league performances haven't been the best according to eyewitnesses, maybe a run out back on home soil will lift them.
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

This will be a tough game and a real test for our squad.
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Post by TrickyDicky »

Complacency is the banana skin here, work rate is the best panacea for this so need to start off on the front foot and put in a strong first 20 minutes. As we all know from many bitter experiences odds on favourites on paper get turned over.
Please don’t let this happen today 🙏
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

Yes sir we have no bananas !
haigavel
----------
----------

Post by haigavel »

TrickyDicky wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:17 pm Complacency is the banana skin here, work rate is the best panacea for this so need to start off on the front foot and put in a strong first 20 minutes. As we all know from many bitter experiences odds on favourites on paper get turned over.
Please don’t let this happen today 🙏
Shoot (Bananas) Uh huh, this my shot All the girls stomp your feet like this A few times I've been around that track So it's not just goin' to happen like that
In the words of Tomkins, "The ethos of Clapham became the spirit of the age."