Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Any Port In A Storm
----------
----------

Re: Southport 4-0 Farsley Celtic - Match Thread

Post by Any Port In A Storm »

portexileinbath wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:16 pm
Any Port In A Storm wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:43 pm
tonyhey wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:05 pm Great first half performance, we looked like scoring every time we crossed the half way line. To be fair to Farsley, they did give it a go after the break, but in reality never looked like troubling our defence. Great to see 1200 home fans in the ground today, let’s hope they all come back for the Curzon game on Sunday.
One sour note, their number 11, Parkin left the field at half time shouting the foulest of language at someone in the Main Stand which had quite a few children within earshot.
Won't someone think of the children.. anyone who takes their kids to football know they are going to hear potty mouth. There was plenty from the Jack Carr stand for example today.The kids will live don't fret. They hear worse in the playground every day.
Are you serious ?
About what? Kids surviving hearing swearing at football? Yes. All mine have to date. What's your problem? Have you got Kids? Stick to your cheese precious.
David999
----------
----------

Post by David999 »

Mention of Gateshead as doing so well is relevant as I will add to previous posts in that they are far and away the best team seen at home this season . We were so lucky to draw with them and I see them as potential big challengers for the title - brackley also big players but hope not fylde ( but what about us on current form ? / long shot but live in Hope ! )
GeorgeCarrExcavation
----------
----------

Post by GeorgeCarrExcavation »

David999 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:12 pm Mention of Gateshead as doing so well is relevant as I will add to previous posts in that they are far and away the best team seen at home this season . We were so lucky to draw with them and I see them as potential big challengers for the title - brackley also big players but hope not fylde ( but what about us on current form ? / long shot but live in Hope ! )
On present form top 7 looks a formality. Then it's one-off games that anyone can win (like Chelsea in the Champions League Final).
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

The playoffs would be an amazing,incredible achievement for SFC this season but for me it's still far too early to consider.

Regarding it being "a formality"-far from it..

Injuries and suspensions could still play a part in a very small squad (we all know that we've already had our share this season-Russell Benjamin still recovering from a broken ankle,Chris Doyle-ankle injury,weeks out? George Newell recovering from a double fractured leg from last season,Josh Hmami injured at Curzon the other day-hope that's not serious) never mind a loss of form which can always happen over a season in some young players? I still believe we'd need at least a couple more in through the door to maintain a challenge but what do I know? If we did-they would have to be spot on signings to fit into this tight knit group-and Liam and Terry will know that.
We will lose games this season-as other clubs trying to get out of this league will too.It's then as i think RR said -how we react as a team when that happens?
We as a club just need to keep our heads down,carry on that team building by continually working hard and let the AFC Fylde's, York City's,Boston Utd's and Chester's of this World take the "favourites tag" pressure and everything that brings with it.
micky finn
----------
----------

Post by micky finn »

A half season of two different quarters.
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

yellowfever wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:54 pm The playoffs would be an amazing,incredible achievement for SFC this season but for me it's still far too early to consider.

Regarding it being "a formality"-far from it..

Injuries and suspensions could still play a part in a very small squad (we all know that we've already had our share this season-Russell Benjamin still recovering from a broken ankle,Chris Doyle-ankle injury,weeks out? George Newell recovering from a double fractured leg from last season,Josh Hmami injured at Curzon the other day-hope that's not serious) never mind a loss of form which can always happen over a season in some young players? I still believe we'd need at least a couple more in through the door to maintain a challenge but what do I know? If we did-they would have to be spot on signings to fit into this tight knit group-and Liam and Terry will know that.
We will lose games this season-as other clubs trying to get out of this league will too.It's then as i think RR said -how we react as a team when that happens?
We as a club just need to keep our heads down,carry on that team building by continually working hard and let the AFC Fylde's, York City's,Boston Utd's and Chester's of this World take the "favourites tag" pressure and everything that brings with it.
An eminently sensible post yellowfever. It’s fantastic to be in a playoff position going into 2022 but they’re decided in April not December of the previous year. Keep winning games, keep the great squad camaraderie, keep the good relationship between players & fans going. No need to overburden anyone with talk of the p word before they’re within touching distance. You take each game as it comes in football which I’m sure both Liam and Terry will remind the players of.
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Any Port In A Storm wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:56 pm
portexileinbath wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:16 pm
Any Port In A Storm wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:43 pm Won't someone think of the children.. anyone who takes their kids to football know they are going to hear potty mouth. There was plenty from the Jack Carr stand for example today.The kids will live don't fret. They hear worse in the playground every day.
Are you serious ?
About what? Kids surviving hearing swearing at football? Yes. All mine have to date. What's your problem? Have you got Kids? Stick to your cheese precious.
I know we are all lovely folk, but our standard Christmas ditty when I started coming involved the little Lord Jesus telling Morecambe to leave in some choice language. Glass houses etc etc
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Post by TrickyDicky »

Yes the Morecambe Xmas Carol got an airing on Tuesday , I seem to recollect Southport and Bradford City exchanging gourmet food chants about sticking Lancashire Hotpot and Yorkshire pudding up each other’s orifice🤣
haigavel
----------
----------

Post by haigavel »

Kudos to the stand-in camera person who didn't miss a goal in capturing the video highlights on club page.
In the words of Tomkins, "The ethos of Clapham became the spirit of the age."