Club’s statement on pyrotechnics

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Redrobe
----------
----------

Club’s statement on pyrotechnics

Post by Redrobe »

Anybody know the reason for making this statement at this time. I didn’t see any during the game v Farsley although I did hear the usual chant No Pyro No Party. Did I miss something?
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Re: Club’s statement on pyrotechnics

Post by portexileinbath »

A good reminder to the morons who take such things to games that it will not be tolerated. Far better to get the info out there so nobody can claim ignorance, if it happens . Why the ground ban is only 3 years is beyond me, it should be life.
Mr Ah Yes
----------
----------

Post by Mr Ah Yes »

There were a couple at Curzon, the second was after full time and it ended up on the pitch - think the players were off the pitch.

Why it has only just come out, who knows?
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

More to the point was anyone thrown out of the Farsley end for the racist and homophobic chanting? I'd rather see action taken on actual offences than warnings about things that haven't happened yet.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Port on the Kent
----------
----------

Post by Port on the Kent »

There were two at Curzon, the last one ended up on the pitch although the game had ended. This statement comes around routinely and although I don't have a problem with them personally, if they can result in the club getting fined then obviously they are best avoided.

This may be unpopular, but it brings out over-reactions in my view and when you watch football in Southern and Eastern Europe, South America and well, pretty much anywhere other than the sanitised UK and Western Europe - matches have more smoke than bonfire night on an industrial scale.

That does not mean it is okay as regulations are different in each country and are tighter here, but it should provide some context for when well meaning 15 year old lads are being threatened with banning orders for some two bob novelty joke shop item that lets out less smoke than a cigarette. Despite my relaxed attitude to teenage tomfoolery, I would not want to see a penny diverted from the club for this, so hopefully this does not become an issue.

Since the club are clearly keen to highlight events off the pitch, what action has been taken against the perpatrators of racist and homophobic language in our own back yard? Have I missed a statement? Was anyone ejected? Once the stewards were aware I expected the Police to arrive, why didn't that happen?
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

Andy Holt at Accrington posted a similar type of post on twitter.

May be a general league initiative or we were reported to the league by Curzon?
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

It reads like it may be based on a circular to all clubs from the NL.