Southport v Curzon - Sun 2nd Jan - 3pm (Match Off)

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Paulisi
----------
----------

Southport v Curzon - Sun 2nd Jan - 3pm (Match Off)

Post by Paulisi »

First game of the new year(hopefully). Liam has some selection headaches in that will he recall Carver, Hmami, Edwards etc after the impressive 4-0 win over Farsley?

Curzon are a very good side and this will be a difficult match
Tight game:
Southport 1 Curzon 0
Att 1285
Last edited by Paulisi on Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Re: Southport v Curzon - Sun 2nd Jan - 3pm

Post by TrickyDicky »

Paulisi wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:59 pm First game of the new year(hopefully). Liam has some selection headaches in that will he recall Carver, Hmami, Edwards etc after the impressive 4-0 win over Farsley?

Curzon are a very good side and this will be a difficult match
Tight game:
Southport 1 Curzon 0
Att 1285
Hope you’re right on both counts .
Happy New Year to you , the Admin people ( who do a great job) and all our portchatter posters who follow our team and take time out to air their viewpoints 🥳 👍
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

Whoever wins will record only their second league win vs a top half side so far this season (them H vs Fylde, us H vs Boston).

Curzon's last league win was 9 games ago (home vs Fylde), and after convincingly winning their first three away games (scored 8 conceded 1) haven't won one since.

So I'm going for an away win, such is life.
Gloucester
----------
----------

Post by Gloucester »

A hard game awaits these are good away 1-1 or
0-0
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

I predict amother impressive home win in a hard fought game. I can't imagine us conceding more than 1, or scoring less than 2. MC's relative scoring drought will end in style.
I also predict there will be no calls for LW to be sacked (10 games ago some were).
old gold and black
----------
----------

Post by old gold and black »

Really sick I will have to miss this one as tested positive for kovid this morning. What a start to the new year, hope the lads can cheer me up with a resounding win.
John Glendenning
Best Landlord Ever
Best Landlord Ever

Post by John Glendenning »

old gold and black wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:10 pm Really sick I will have to miss this one as tested positive for kovid this morning. What a start to the new year, hope the lads can cheer me up with a resounding win.
Hope you are ok and the covid thing is mild. Chin up - you only need to isolate for seven days now and I am sure the lads will do you proud.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

old gold and black wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:10 pm Really sick I will have to miss this one as tested positive for kovid this morning. What a start to the new year, hope the lads can cheer me up with a resounding win.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
As you can't go and see us win, I can strongly recommend a nice cheese board and a large glass of Port to keep the spirits up.
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

I'm not sure the attendance will beat Farsley with Everton at home and Liverpool on TV. We will do well to break 1000.
cobby7
----------
----------

Post by cobby7 »

Have you caught it despite having been injected ?
Ronnie Hotdogs
BASTARD
BASTARD

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Also absent due to being blatted (not had PCR back yet but fairly sure), but all very mild and cold-like. I hope OGAB is similar if it turns out they've got it. Glad I'd had the booster, go and get one if you haven't already.

We never had a pandemic when Clapham was in charge.
I am at my most DANGEROUS and EFFECTIVE when UNDERESTIMATED.
old gold and black
----------
----------

Post by old gold and black »

Yes had the booster as well, unfortunately my car was having part fitted and when I went to pick it up the mechanic said he had contracted the symptoms and tested positive that morning. He had completely disinfected the car and it was 12 hours since he had laid hands on it and we social distanced but to no avail.

Yes had the boos
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

2-0 home win.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

:)
old gold and black wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:19 pm Yes had the booster as well, unfortunately my car was having part fitted and when I went to pick it up the mechanic said he had contracted the symptoms and tested positive that morning. He had completely disinfected the car and it was 12 hours since he had laid hands on it and we social distanced but to no avail.

Yes had the boos
He should have gone home and isolated when he got the test result - indeed when he became symptomatic.
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

Not easy to do in a small business, particularly if you’re self-employed. Not everybody works in the public sector. He couldn’t just say ‘you can’t pick up your car for a fortnight because I’m self-isolating’. Sounds to me like a sensible compromise, took appropriate precautions. And in any case, very far from certain that old gold and black caught the thing from the mechanic. If you’re out and about at all there will be various ways in which you can pick it up. That’s what the unbelievably expensive and arguably pointless Test and Trace has shown.
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

If it doesn't stop Raining so heavy we might be looking at a postponement....... :cry:
Liamisdoingagreatjob
----------
----------

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

Hopefully not. Just been down near the pier and it's coming in from the sea and pretty much stopped raining now...
cobby7
----------
----------

Post by cobby7 »

It wasn’t even forecast to rain and that’s the Met Office.
Any it’s fine now they forecast Hail later on tonight!
What’s going on.
2-1 win.
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Post by TrickyDicky »

Game off
Liamisdoingagreatjob
----------
----------